Options

Experiments with Auto-Padding

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henbest, i can replicate your situation in the following way easily.

You have set up your PVR to record as follows:

Recording 1: Channel A: 06:00-07:00
    Recording 2: Channel A 07:00-08:00
    Recording 3 Channel A 08:00-09:00

With autopadding on you can make recording 3 fail (i.e. your big brother) by selecting the reservations in the following order:
    First reserve recording 3
    Second reserve recording 1
    Third reserve recording 2

I can also replicate this by having recording 3 as a repeat timer already, then reserving recording 1 and then reserving recording 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Marc

None of the recordings were repeat timers and they were reserved in the following order (as I already know about that bug):

Recording 1
    Recording 2
    Recording 3

I'm going to try testing this again tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henbest wrote:
    Marc

None of the recordings were repeat timers and they were reserved in the following order (as I already know about that bug):

Recording 1
    Recording 2
    Recording 3

I'm going to try testing this again tonight.

OK fair enough if you are sure.

By the way - do you remember having anything set to record at 23:00? Or even had something there and then cancelled it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Humax are going to rush a bug fix for this soon or do we have to wait for the next proper software release?
    I'm missing recordings quite often these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flemmo wrote:
    Does anyone know if Humax are going to rush a bug fix for this soon or do we have to wait for the next proper software release?
    I'm missing recordings quite often these days.

They are looking at software fixes this month and probably during the summer so it will probably come out along with the other fixes and those already done since the last software update; maybe split things in to two releases if there are a lot of changes in the list. I hope to know in the next week or two a little bit more on whats happening with certain things.

In the mean time please note that the bug is avoidable if you remember that any consecutive recordings on the same channel are selected in chronological order and you should notice a difference. Once you get a failed recording like this your machine is usually left in "thinks its recording" mode until you notice (there signs to look out for) so could jeopordise other recordings from that time too til you notice TIR mode and the machine is reset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Cheers Marc