Opening 9200T and keeping warranty

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
Anyone know if it's possible to get the lid off the 9200T without invalidating the warrany? - what I mean is would anyone know you had been in?

I have a ton of stuff that I would like to copy off to my PC, but can't be bothered with the slow front USB link and would like to slave it off through a USB2 adapter, which obviously means having to open the case.

;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just be careful with the screws... and don't leave any finger prints! (seriously!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    son_t wrote:
    Just be careful with the screws... and don't leave any fingers prints! (seriously!)

.... might put my hood up as well!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Powerhead wrote:
    Anyone know if it's possible to get the lid off the 9200T without invalidating the warrany? - what I mean is would anyone know you had been in?

I have a ton of stuff that I would like to copy off to my PC, but can't be bothered with the slow front USB link and would like to slave it off through a USB2 adapter, which obviously means having to open the case.

;)

Opening the case on this sort of consumer electronics equipment almost always invalidates the warranty. I also use the quick direct hard drive to PC transfer method and I cant see where or how it is possible to tell the lid has come off.
  • TimA-CTimA-C Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Do the screws have the blue engineer's paste on them? (I've never sussed out how that was supposed to let a manufacturer know if the screw had been removed, as surely they'd have to remove the screw to see the paste...?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TimA-C wrote:
    Do the screws have the blue engineer's paste on them? (I've never sussed out how that was supposed to let a manufacturer know if the screw had been removed, as surely they'd have to remove the screw to see the paste...?)

Nothing (I have to write this bit because aparantly "The message I have entered is too short and I should lengthen my message to at least 10 characters") :D