I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
Forum Member
✭✭
We have all lost at sometime our beautiful beloved babies its so sad,I thought in Memorandum thread would be nice so we could all pay tribute to our beloved pets.

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Lovely idea. :)

I had a kitten for 36 hours. We believed (naively) that she was 8 weeks old when we got her. We still aren't sure how old she actually was, a few weeks at most..:(

We figured out that she was born outside (There was me thinking it was common knowledge that they need injections before they could go out!?), not getting enough food from her mother (I think the rest of the litter were stronger and got to feed first). We tried everything to keep her alive..

Despite only having her for a matter of hours, I was besotted with her. :( Mum woke me up at 3am to tell me Misty had died. I cried myself back to sleep.

I couldn't imagine anything happening to my Winnie. We've had her just over a year now, and she really is my baby. I'd be beyond devestated if anything happened to her.

As far as I (along with my parents and brother) am concerned, she is a member of this family.
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww poor little darling, kittens are so small and you want to protect them from everything.....so sorry you only had little babe for such a short time but I'm sure she was comforted for her sadly very short little life.:(
  • michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea for a thread.

I lost my 10 year old border collie/Cavalier cross Taz on 14th Nov 2007. He was a fanstastic dog, but unfortunately a classic case of bad breeding. He was born blind, had badly deformed back legs and a heart murmur. He didn't let any of that stand in the way of having a good life though and despite his dodgy legs and lack of vision, he was a typical collie really and would happily spend hours playing fetch. (I had to count down before I threw a toy then he'd listen for it landing and sniff it out)

Unfortunately his back legs got weaker as he aged and on the day I had to have him put to sleep they gave way completely. He was my first pet since leaving home and he saw me through some difficult times. I still miss him terribly, but we have Barney the collie now who was born on the day Taz died.

Here's Taz

Taz 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww what a honeybabe! so sad. what a lovely babe,,,,,,:(

I tried to request a thread but I think its those couple of words that are *screwey* that I got wrong..ie on their request page......
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adopted a 10 year old cat about 5 years ago from a local animal rescue centre. As soon as I brought her home, I realised something was wrong - one of her back legs was bad.

After numerous visits to the vet, it was discovered that she had cancer and two weeks after I brought her home, she had to be PTS. :(

She was such a beautiful little tabby, quite a long nose and big ears!

I didn't get a chance to rename her sadly, but she was called Tabitha, which I think is a lovely name.

Sleep tight Tabitha. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a lovely idea :)

I lost Psycho recently, he adopted me on my first day at Uni 17 years ago next week and he never left my side. He even came to Uni with me several times, I didn't realise he was sleeping in my rucksack :D

He had kidney problems for the last year but seemed to make a huge improvement once on meds. The last few days were heartbreaking knowing what had to be done, but it was totally the right thing to do for him as I wouldn't let him suffer :cry:

I miss him so much :cry

Hugs to everyone who has suffered a loss ((( )))
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have all lost at sometime our beautiful beloved babies its so sad,I thought in Memorandum thread would be nice so we could all pay tribute to our beloved pets.

I would welcome such a thread, but do we really have to call animals "babies"?
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But to a lot of us, our pets ARE our babies, they never seem to grow up as they are dependent on us to the end, and we love and cuddle them just like babies, so yes, we ARE allowed to call them babies.

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    lorry wrote: »
    But to a lot of us, our pets ARE our babies, they never seem to grow up as they are dependent on us to the end, and we love and cuddle them just like babies, so yes, we ARE allowed to call them babies.

:p

Too right! My two little girls are my world and I can't imagine anything happening to them! It was bad enough when Elphie was missing and I thought she was dead!

RIP to my old pets :-

Sandy, Twinkle, Cocoa, Biscuit, Fudge, Angel and Misty the hamsters. Polly, Blob and Hector the goldfish and Peter the rabbit! x x
  • Waves321Waves321 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    My beloved, beautiful cat Zackie has died today. He was 11 years old.I am absolutely heartbroken.
    R.I.P ZACK
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww, in some way I don't like this thread, but only because it brings memories up. It's also sweet, because I can post about the ones I loved.
    Firstly, Tiggi and Vger. Some people may recoil because they were rats, But they were white albino rats, so very clever and loving, they were female so weren't very big. They used to sit on my shoulder and nuzzle my neck. Their parents were rescued from a lab, but unfortunately they died of cancer as a genetic result. I had them for 2 years and there is so much I could post about how much fun they were, including 'Mashed potato face' and 'The great corn on the cob fight'. I am glad they had a happy life instead of being test rats.

Second is Blackie, I never named him because the neighbours knew him and told me. He had been abused by his previous owners (only down the street) and left out with no food, when we moved in. The people had apparently had a go at our next door because she let him in the house and gave him food, and accused her of stealing him, so she kept well clear.
    Not me. When I saw him so thin, with wire in his collar (no wonder he bit people when they stroked him) I let him in.
    2 years later he died, No idea why, but the good thing is, it was a sunny day, he had just had his tuna, he just lay down in the g
    arden and that was it. I assumed it was peaceful. I cried loads and vowed never to have another pet as it hurts too much.
    I now have Brian and cally age 2 and a bit.:D
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My beloved, beautiful cat Zackie has died today. He was 11 years old.I am absolutely heartbroken.
    R.I.P ZACK

Awwww sweetie.:( Bless you and Zack.xx
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my mum and dad's cat Jo Jo. He was a legand. caught rabbits every day, brought one back every time for the family, or pride lol. They got him the year before I was born. he was living in a old car with his mum, a stray.
    he lived to be 18 before my granny had to have him put down, she kept him after my mum and dad and me left when I was one. we didn't take him becuase he was happy in the country... he had his territory.

He was a brilliant cat, I used to follow him as a kid, and he'd always have something for you, not that I ever ate anything he gave me mind. :D

RIP Jo jo.
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In memory of my past pets: Smudge, Robbie, Tinker, Rogue, Lucy, Mitty, Henry, Poppet and last of all my most recently departed much beloved taken in stray pussycat Angel. RIP everyone :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    What a lovely idea.

Here is my Percy.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/zigesa/cats/pc097.jpg

He was PTS on the 16th of September 2008 at 13 years old. He was taken in the end by kidney failure, but was successfully battling Lymphoma with chemo. Everyweek and then every 2 weeks for 9 months he was such a trooper, never sulking at what he was having done, ie a drip etc and when he eventually went my vet said that his nine months from diagnosis was like 5 years to him. He was an absolutely gorgeous cat, the only one to get on my lap every day. I miss him terribly still and still cry and get overwhelmed when I think about him. Two years has healed me enough to love both my other cats very much but my Perc will always, always have a very special place in my heart.

Love you Perc. xxxx
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    RIP Jade.

RIP Tara.

RIP Berty.

xx

Here is a picture of Tara:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9766/tara1g.jpg
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleep well my old boy Jacob.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/deansay49/scan-1-1.jpg

He was one hell of a cat, who would not move until he had his prawns in a morning:D

I had to have him PTS two weeks before Christmas 2008, due to fluid on the lung and partial collapse. He was 16 :(
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've shared the passing of my beloved on another thread, and everyone's comments were so, so, comforting, I just wanted to add Mr Dibbles to our Memorial thread

Gone, but in my heart, and our family's, he'll always be with us

I will always love you

Sleep tight angel xxx
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saffycat 20/04/1997 - 05/10/2010

Rainbow Bridge here she comes!

Catmint and salmon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    this is my list of pets to be remembered

Meaty the cat
    Mandy the rough collie
    Chaffy the budgie
    Mooky, sqeaky, sqeaky Jr, Blackie and the girls ( mice )
    Blackie ( the rat )
    Honey and Dougal ( the rabbits )
    Hamish, Hazy, Holly, Snowy, Sweep, Fluff, Pudding ( hamsters )

and all my fish that have passed on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I got a reply back from DS and they just said to create one!:confused:

So just add your thoughts and memories to this thread.:(
  • Little-IanLittle-Ian Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky - (Ginger Cat) I love you and still think about you loads.
  • David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Sophie for the last time in March, Was at the vets and she was weak, I always remember thinking that she was sedated, but was just weak.

I walked home despite mum having driven us there and was very upset, didn't let it show as didn't want mum going to pieces.

We do have a new black Kitten called Cleo, she is already large and only 6 months!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.I.P Dear Cassie who was PTS this morning,

I've known her since she was six months old, her sister will be mourning her......awww So sad.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lovely idea for a thread Dolly. I lost my baby in 1999 and it was just as sad as any human bereavement. In fact, I ended up moving house because I could not bear the fact that she was not there. I once heard her scrabble in the litter tray (the other cat was with me). It was scary and comforting all at the same time. :(