This Was The Worst Night This Series. Why?

AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know a lot of people will passionately disagree with me on this, but IMO the thing that was missing was AIDEN! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a lot of people will passionately disagree with me on this, but IMO the thing that was missing was AIDEN! :D

YESS! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Of the tons of Beatles songs that could have been chosen and given a creative spin, it was utterly dull and predictable. This is a show run by idiots, catering to dullards.
  • Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    It didnt have the spark that there usually is:(
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was really good tonight.

Cher just outsang everyone :)
  • weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member

Yes, he could have done a pained and sincere reading of 'Yellow Submarine'. Quality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    because they didn't do Maxwell's Silver Hammer
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the tons of Beatles songs that could have been chosen and given a creative spin, it was utterly dull and predictable. This is a show run by idiots, catering to dullards.

I agree.

how the hell Wagner got to destroy Hey jude I dont know.
    im sure Shirley bassey is still spinning in her slingbacks.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beatles is not a good theme/

Aiden would have been worth watching tonight.

And yes - it was not a good night really for any of them.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Aiden brought a lot of heart to the show when he was in there. He always tried really hard with the songs he was given, even when nerves got the better of him. Tonight just didn't feel as authentic as a result. I enjoyed Matt, Cher and Paije but there was no real excitement for me tonight.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every night is the worst X Factor night as far as I'm concerned
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I thought it was really good tonight.

Cher just outsang everyone :)

Lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Cos nobody can ever do justice to Beatle songs like the Beatles
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was pure car crash TV, if it was possible for a talent show to jump the shark this week was almost it. Its more soap opera than singing contest atm.

NEXT WEEK: In an unexpected twist Aiden returns to the competition singing in a shower cubicle.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I heard it was Beatles week I knew we weren't in for a treat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I think Aiden brought a lot of heart to the show when he was in there. He always tried really hard with the songs he was given, even when nerves got the better of him. Tonight just didn't feel as authentic as a result. I enjoyed Matt, Cher and Paije but there was no real excitement for me tonight.

Completely agree Elly. IMO, he bought a credibility to the show that comes with having more of a singer/songwriter type perform, where it didn’t really matter if he hit every single note because he was always so captivating and emotionally sincere. Only Matt and Cher have an anywhere similar quality, I feel.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    It was pure car crash TV, if it was possible for a talent show to jump the shark this week was almost it. Its more soap opera than singing contest atm.

NEXT WEEK: In an unexpected twist Aiden returns to the competition singing in a shower cubicle.

Shower cubicle? Will he be naked? That's the question.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the singers? They've gone home.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    As soon as I heard it was Beatles week I knew we weren't in for a treat.

How can they have ditched big band week yet still do Beatles week? :confused:
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with you BabaAli, Matt wasnt missing his shirt, he was missing Aiden! :D
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the relatively young-ish contestants can connect very easily with the Beatles.

The Beatles were an influential and legendary band, but many youngsters nowadays are not hugely familiar with a lot of their back catalog and probably find it difficult to connect with the music.

It's also difficult to cover the Beatles well.

I wasn't surprised that Mary (who, whilst not wishing to stereotype, is more of the generation who were more aware of the Beatles music and culture) did the best tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    How can they have ditched big band week yet still do Beatles week?

Let me see ... iTunes ... Beatles ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I dont think they used the auto tuner this week except for Wand Erection, Rebecca and Cher obviously didnt. Only Mary, Katie and Paige sounded Ok, oh and Wagner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed this week, but I agree it wasnt probably the worst.

The reason? Probably because there was no stand-out performance.
    Every week we've had at least one AMAZING perofrmance that stuns us - Aiden's "mad world", Matt "just the way you are", rebecca "Make you feel my love", etc. This was the first week I felt that even though we had some good performances, there were no exceptional ones.

Also, the show felt shorter. Maybe it was because there were no big arguments between the judges, made it bit less entertaining.

PS. The theme prob didnt help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch but it probably was rubbish. Love him or hate him, Aiden would've done something different, something unique and was a very interesting performer in general.
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    I don't think the relatively young-ish contestants can connect very easily with the Beatles.

The Beatles were an influential and legendary band, but many youngsters nowadays are not hugely familiar with a lot of their back catalog and probably find it difficult to connect with the music.

It's also difficult to cover the Beatles well.

I wasn't surprised that Mary (who, whilst not wishing to stereotype, is more of the generation who were more aware of the Beatles music and culture) did the best tonight.

I'm 18 and I have 7 of their albums on my i-pod. Am i a minority??