Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Those bleedin' Argos Aliens are well past their sell by date...really makes you wonder what sort of advertising team thinks they are funny and entertaining.

Here here, totallu unoriginal and unfunny, as bad as the Woolworths dogs they had a few years ago.

And dont get me started on the Toys R Us advert where they have yanked up the song!
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the current perl du lait advert and the way the woman laughs at the end, then pretends to be embarrassed by covering her mouth. ggrrr nearly as punchable as the " i could do with a snack m&m woman"
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman in an advert about not wasting food. It's a Scottish thing I think. She just annoys me so much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Special food for neutered animals...Wot! do we get same for partners with vasectomies or tied tubes next. or how about something tasty for the gal with a hystericalectomy....?

The first thing the vets tell you after you get your animal done is that you'll need to change their diet. You really haven't heard of hormonal changes causing weight gain? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    The Co Operative Food xmas adverts with the song that is meant to rhyme, or at least I get the impression that it's meant to rhyme..

'when you're having a bit of a do, or only the best will do...'

Argh, really annoys me :mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    What song is it?

I saw the CIN advert before and I think the singer is Emiliana Torrini, I don't recognise the track though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    The first thing the vets tell you after you get your animal done is that you'll need to change their diet. You really haven't heard of hormonal changes causing weight gain? :confused:

Try a bit of humour..will you? :rolleyes:

But then when we kept pets back in history(scraps from fishmongers and butchers) , we didn't have the pet food industry flogging their goods.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    STOP with the Halloween BT ad ... surely it's about time you bombard us with whatever is the Christmas version of this gawd-awful soap opera about students who seemingly can afford BT's inflated BB prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonst wrote: »

You know I woud never go on a forum as you have and bring someone down like this. To tell someone they don't inderstand hormonal changes when it it something that everyone but the less than capable would. Why don't you come out with it call someone stupid?:mad:
    My point was to make a joke about the absurdity of the pet food industry which has us focussing more on the needs of animals than humans. Ok so I was stupid enough not to make that clear enough for you or maybe you dont think this is another industry that is ripping folks off and advertsers taking the p&&&. Yes we do have supplements and advice for the menopause but do we yet have ready meals for gents with "the snip"...oooer mine's still as skinny as he ever was..
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    STOP with the Halloween BT ad ... surely it's about time you bombard us with whatever is the Christmas version of this gawd-awful soap opera about students who seemingly can afford BT's inflated BB prices.

Tell me about it. I mentioned this a few days ago and they STILL show it at least once every damn night during I'm a Celeb. How many Halloween parties do you want!?

Also must mention that old geezer and his boilers. "you may remember about a year ago I was talking about my boilers" - It's been a year? Feels like days... Now quit blabbering on about wanting to replace my boiler already. Wasn't interested "a year" ago, and I aint now.

Getting incredibly sick with all the Christmas themed adverts too. T'is the season to hack me off it seems. Not even December yet! I don't care for Myleene Class and her M&S (whoops, sorry, it's Littlewoods now, right?) trash. Nor do I care which supermarket is handing out vouchers when you spend £1,000 or for 2p off your petrol. Does anybody *actually* shop around? Even if I had a car, I'd not faff about going further to a supermarket because their bread is 2p cheaper. I'd continue using whichever is closer to me.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must have been mentioned before but easily the worst by a long way at the moment is the breakfast biscuit advert on the train with the bloke chasing passengers with a biscuit.........excrutiatingy unamusing in every single way:mad:
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andre Rieu, the guy who plays the violin who is apparently the greatest showman on earth - reallllyyyyyy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ryvita ones

The double meaning - fancy some and ladies who crunch
    I hate cheesy slogans

So cringey and they have become so expensive :(
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    VO5 Tame and Shine with the girl telling us how to do our hair :mad: But who would want to look like that!

I think she is from that Superscrimpers programme that is total rubbish :mad::mad::mad:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Try a bit of humour..will you? :rolleyes:

But then when we kept pets back in history(scraps from fishmongers and butchers) , we didn't have the pet food industry flogging their goods.

And I bet that food is twice the price of normal animal food.

Anything to rip off Joe public :mad:
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EBay advert is irritating as hell, for starters the bint with the 80 a day addictions voice is like nails on a blackboard.

And sad to say but I like the John Lewis ad and the twee singer.
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »

At least this way it won't be quite so annoying when they're still playing whatever their Christmas ad turns out to be deep into next April
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Andre Rieu, the guy who plays the violin who is apparently the greatest showman on earth - reallllyyyyyy.

Must be in that alternative universe where Susan Boyle is "the world's greatest voice".
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    All the Shitmas adverts - people in their homes having a shit Christmas.

All the mums seem to be having an especially shit time and in one advert some fat bloke has the nerve to say "What's for tea love" to his wife on Xmas night.

****ing turkey you lazy bastard
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Must be in that alternative universe where Susan Boyle is "the world's greatest voice".

Su Bo has a good voice but "worlds greatest" is way OTT, I've heard her sing I Know Him So Well (with Elaine Page), O Holy Night etc, and her timing is shot and all over the place :confused: She's not singing at the same speed as the music and her phrasing on those songs is pants.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bleedn Andrew Castle.Id happily hit him over the head with his bunch of flowers
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    All the Shitmas adverts - people in their homes having a shit Christmas.

All the mums seem to be having an especially shit time and in one advert some fat bloke has the nerve to say "What's for tea love" to his wife on Xmas night.

****ing turkey you lazy bastard

These ones are driving me nuts as well. I hate the ones where the mum is doing everything and oh isnt it all crazy but hey thats christmas. Not in my life it's not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THe advert for Dance Central 3 (which thankfully has been shortened due to the end of the presidential election in America)...just pathetic
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These ones are driving me nuts as well. I hate the ones where the mum is doing everything and oh isnt it all crazy but hey thats christmas. Not in my life it's not.

Yeah, hate that ad where the mum has been run ragged catering for everyone and doing all the Christmas preparation and she looks like she is about to collapse when the voice over chimes in with "And you wouldn't have it any other way".
    Bollox.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Scott has returned.......
This discussion has been closed.