[GAME] The Voice Factor: Series 2 [Official Launch]

Comments

• unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I just checked there and Pat Byrne is listed as 24 in his audition? So technically isn't an over 25?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just researched and I can`t have Pat :( He is 22 therefore welcome:
    Shane McLaughlin (Ireland) - Well firstly thanks Kev :p Ia m not even sure what genre Shane is, as he is that unique. It is like a quirky country sounding, folk sounding, rock magnificence. He is just incredible, and I hope I can get him far
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know of his age either so well done to the viewers for spotting that one. :)

Under 10 minutes left and just waiting for Vister to let me know on here that he has his boys.
    Forum Member
    Also, sorry Steve for announcing my acts early!!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's okay, I knew there was something I forgot to mention earlier. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, it's now time to see who we have for the Top 16. Pingu has already named his Male Overs.

So we go to Jack next, please tell us the girls you've gone with and your reasons. (You can use the info you send me via PM if you want)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Just give me two seconds to edit a few things and it'll be posted :)
    Forum Member
    Celia Pavey: Audition Battle
    Well let’s put it this way to me she is one of the all time best singers on any version of the voice. She has a voice that is a mix between the sixties era and then you mix it with folk and dash of modern day styling and it’s just sensational. In her very first audition you see how high she can get and the amazing vibe she has and then in her battle you can see how low she can get as well as how simply incredible she is. She can even play guitar, piano and the bloody ukulele! I want to take her down the folk route and see how that works out but also try and fit in some 60’s styled performances.

Caroline Glaser: Audition Battle
    A little something for EoS as I know how he loves people with this type of voice :p and another person who can play guitar and piano added to the list. Anyway this girl was so original quirky and different to a lot of the other acts on the voice USA last series and I am still in shock that she went out so early. Anyway her performance of Tiny Dancer is one of the best versions of any Elton song I’d ever heard and I think she has got a heck of a lot of potential so enjoy.

Mary N’Diaye: Original song Own Song
    Well here comes the unknown portion of the girls this year and another person who can play guitar. Mary was basically in the Swedish version of the show in which there is only one video of her uploaded and its of her rehearsing but luckily she had a heck of a lot of music released. The best way I can describe her is urban with dance element as the girl can rap, sing, dance and seriously control the stage and she is someone I have a lot of ideas for.

Caithlin Mogatedi James: Audition
    LAST MINUTE CHANGE! Literally I changed this just now as I was really uncertain about the previous act I chose but her is the very first act which never got through the audition! Caithlin has a brilliant voice and is quite a soulful singer and is the only one of my acts that can't play an instrument. I reckon she's got a lot of potential so here goes nothing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have four completely diverse girls in the category, let's see if the category will last longer this time around.

Next up is Barry, please tell us your Chosen Female Overs and your reasons behind them. :)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalia Sikora – (27) – The Voice of Poland - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA016Tv-HwQ

This girl has such a massive range, I believe she could really be the next leading rock female singer. She has the attitude and passion in her voice which I really look for, and you could give her any song and she would do it justice.

Jacqueline – The Voice of Holland- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9jpenicRU

I Think Jacqueline is a real artist and I love her interpretation of this Ronan Keating song. For an over she has a really marketable voice, with a slight country edge which is rare to find in these competitions. I’m not necessarily marketing her as country but mixing it up with a slight pop indie contemporary sound.

Marianne Pentha (31) – The Voice of Denmark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5vLAZfZ7c

One word for Marianne’s voice “Stunning” She took every lyric of this dancefloor classic and told a real story with it. This is what I’m looking for in a contestant, someone who understands the song they are singing. It was effortless for her, she allowed the song to build and then really got into it.

Nadja the voice (Begins 26:00) (39) – The Voice of France - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSzU61rI2I

This is the performer of my category. I believe I can give her any song and she will perform it to the maximum. I want a challenge with Nadja, and really show she is more than a singer with a powerful voice. What out she has THE VOICE and she is also one of the best performers on stage I have seen. She is a crowd pleaser!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Barry has decided to go all European with his choices, this could provide a few interesting points. :)

Now finally, we go to Vister. Please tell us the Boys you have gone with for your category and why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, it seems that Vister has somehow disappeared, so whilst we're waiting for his choices, let's move on.

I better let you all know what the theme for the first Live show will be. ;)
    Forum Member
    Yes please and please can you do the thing showing all the acts!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will as soon as we know the four boys, but we need to move on.

There's gonna be a few familiar themes, some borrowed but I also have some brand NEW themes as well, so a mixed bag really.

The theme for the first live show will be an easy one (as will the second one), but after that, it'll get more difficult.

The theme is going to be...

BEST OF BRITISH!

One of the very popular Themes from the last Series is back, so you can guess which other theme is back. ;) The aim of this theme is to find songs that have been released by British artists and only in the UK. Any song outside of UK will NOT be allowed, however you ARE allowed to use covers if you really need to.

I plan to start the show on September 5th at 6:00pm, let me know in due time if you can or cannot make it and one other thing, do not forget to send your sing-off songs to me as well just in case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vister has chosen his boys and he has changed it up with one them.

The Swon Brothers (USA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je50d8xosO0

Craig Harrison (Australia)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgflbGzlCeY
    [Starts at 2:48]

Ben Saunders (Holland)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-s1f3-Tb4o

Keith Hanley (Ireland)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILOySb0H6RA

So we have our first ever duo in a boys category, this could throw a spanner in the works!

So there you have it, our judges and this Series's Top 16 and we've done it again, a VERY strong line-up! :D

Vister & The Boys
    The Swon Brothers
    Craig Harrison
    Ben Saunders
    Keith Hanley

Jackel1234 & The Girls
    Caroline Glaser
    Celia Pavey
    Mary N’Diaye
    Caithlin Mogatedi James

Pingu58011 & The Male Overs
    Karl Michael
    Todd Kessler
    Fred Lebel
    Shane McLaughlin

Barry_Clarke & The Female Overs
    Natalia Sikora
    Jacqueline
    Marianne Pentha
    Nadja
    Forum Member
    Good and nice theme to start with!!!:)
    Forum Member
    I don`t have Pat anymore Steve!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just edited it and as we speak, I am updating the front cover and webpage for this game. :D
    Forum Member
    I am surprised there is only one UK act and that is Karl!! :)
    Forum Member
    ummm again Ben Saunders was 28 when the show was filmed so he's not a boy XD
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I've been watching c factor, didn't know we had to do let intros!:o so here's mine! :p

Harrison craig

Well my oz here is one cool oz!:cool: He's a star, he has a beautiful soulful tone and he commercial as hell! He's going to bring the Australian hotness for you ladies!

Ben Saunders
    He's one cool dude ( a bit like his mentor;)), he's got swag and just that star quality that most voice contestants lack! He's got the whole package, he's won the voice of Holland and he can deffinatley win me this!:D

keith Hanley

Now I'm not just a back seat mentor, this is a risk! He's got quite a low bar voice so he won't be a big note or adlibe hitter! But he's got appeal and with my great mentoring and song choices he can do it! He won Ireland over so let's hope he wins this!

The Swoz brothers

Well this is my first year as mentor on this, and I wanna make history and have the first duo and possibly win? :D They do lack commercial appeal but this is the voice and they have two of them! They have potential!
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »

Age police is here Vinny. Put your hands up, and pick another act!!! :p
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »

Shut up!:p Evaporate, quickly! :p
    Forum Member
    Best Of British... Reckon I have a thing or two prepared for my girls... and vinny I highly recommend changing Ben Saunders to Conor Scott :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew Ben Saunders was 28 myself. :o

But yes, Vister, you have to pick another boy.