Options

Leon Brittan Dead

Comments

• Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Unless you can provide a link I take it that's a lie fabricated by you?

Who in parliament named him as a paedophile?

I think the MP Jim Hood mentioned it in a speech he gave.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you can provide a link I take it that's a lie fabricated by you?

Who in parliament named him as a paedophile?

See link above. post #22

You rather jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the MP Jim Hood mentioned it in a speech he gave.
    He obviously doesn't have any axe to grind whatsoever.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    So we are saying that the dossier on child anise in politics was handed to someone who was suspected of being an abuser?

Something is very very pongy in Westminster and people are bound to speculate about where exactly the whiff is coming from because the facts remain hidden.

I wonder whether he is the one they were waiting to die so that they can claim it is all in the past or if there are more suspects that they will seek to protect / prevent from testifying by delaying tactics?

Why not include Anne Kirkbride in your diatribe, didn't she give evidence in support of William Roache?

I that case the police believed they had enough evidence to pass on to the CPS who in turn decided the evidence was strong enough for a conviction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what happened to every piece of paper you were handed over the past 30 years? Get a grip.

There had been the shooting of Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan embassy for which Britton pointed a finger at the security services for not doing their job, as a consequence he demanded a shake up and it is said elements of the security services took revenge.

We know the spy catcher Peter Wright attempted to sell a book on the premise the security services tried to form a coup against a Labour government in the 1960's but it turned out it was him alone.

If William Roache had died before his case went to trial I'm guessing some contributors would have jumped up and said he was slimy and creepy and guilty having not heard the full evidence.
    The police apparently have a video which shows an ex-cabinet minister at a party organised by Sidney Cooke. A former police officer also claimed that they had photos of him taken under surveillance attending the parties back in the 80s. If it does turn out to be Brittan than I don't know how that can be denied.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5152/met-s-paedophile-unit-seizes-video-of-ex-minister-at-sex-party

https://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/was-islington-child-brothel-covered-up-in-1986/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See link above. post #22

Here is a clip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See link above. post #22

What does a debate about a miners strike have to do with child abuse...it does look like that MP was just slinging mud...and he didn't come out and say Britton was a paedophile as previously claimed.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police apparently have a video which shows an ex-cabinet minister at a party organised by Sidney Cooke. A former police officer also claimed that they had photos of him taken under surveillance attending the parties back in the 80s. If it does turn out to be Brittan than I don't know how that can be denied.
    There have been lots of cabinet ministers. People assume it must be Brittan because he was handed a dossier on supposed abusers (based on what?) and didn't take it seriously enough. There seems to be a few gaps in logic going on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a clip.

Thank you I had not seen that before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does a debate about a miners strike have to do with child abuse...it does look like that MP was just slinging mud...and he didn't come out and say Britton was a paedophile as previously claimed.

Seems like you are doing exactly the same as above. Jumping to conclusions. Why not at least admit that you were hasty in accusing a forum member of lying when they were not?
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    There have been lots of cabinet ministers. People assume it must be Brittan because he was handed a dossier on supposed abusers (based on what?) and didn't take it seriously enough. There seems to be a few gaps in logic going on here.

Isn't the biggest logic gap that if Brittan were in the dossier then why would Geoffry Dickens pass the dossier to him?
  • Options
    Forum Member

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5152/met-s-paedophile-unit-seizes-video-of-ex-minister-at-sex-party

https://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/was-islington-child-brothel-covered-up-in-1986/

I think one of the sites you refer to had investigated someone well known as being at a west London guest house and for months made allegations and then came to the conclusion the person had not been present at the premises.

If people have been abusing children physically, mentally or sexually then they should face justice but people shouldn't be tried and convicted by a 'journalist' or contributors to a forum such as Digital Spy.

Mind you it offers a great merchandising opportunity for pitchforks.

In the William Roche case did the police and CPS tell the accusers they were victims and do they maintain they were victims and if had Roche had died before the case went to trial what stance would some of taken?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Isn't the biggest logic gap that if Brittan were in the dossier then why would Geoffry Dickens pass the dossier to him?

Because he Dickens was a publicity seeking twonk?

This is man who campaigned against child abuse and happily sat for years alongside colleagues he knew were child abusers. :confused:
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

Maybe he didn't start getting caught out until later.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsands wrote: »
    As far as I know, he was under suspicion because a dossier of suspected paedophiles an MP handed him went missing somehow before or after he says he sent it to the proper people.

Were there any substantive allegations against him personally?

I haven't head anything along them lines. Just the fact the dossier went missing somehow.
    Would you give a dossier about people involved in child abuse to someone profiled on the dossier?

Update - already asked
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems like you are doing exactly the same as above. Jumping to conclusions. Why not at least admit that you were hasty in accusing a forum member of lying when they were not?

The MP didn't say he was a paedophile, that was fabricated by the contributor.

If that means the contributor was not lying then I withdrew the remark Mr Speaker.

While trying to find an account of striking miners making claims at the time about Britton I came across this item....
    The jail sentences mounted in length and number. Leon Britton urged life sentences for miners caught in confrontation with scabs, police or coal board property.

No account of claims made by miners, Interestingly at the bottom is....
    First published in 1986...... South London DAM-IWA: 121 Railton Rd, London SE 24.

Railton Road was a hot bed of various organisations including The Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) or Paedophile Action for Liberation who were housed at 98 Railton Road, London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe he didn't start getting caught out until later.

Yet according to that MP in the commons striking miners in 1984 were fully aware?

And if we are to believe Dickens named fellow MPs in his files various files he sat that for years letting carry on abusing children?
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    All I can add is to say that imo there is insufficient evidence to say whether guilty or otherwise - but have never taken to the man .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I believe Dickens handed a file over to Lord Hailsham on 24 Mar 1981, years before Leon was Home Secretary.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon Brittan Dead

...and so that means that he cannot now be interviewed by the Metropolitan Police as either a potential witness to events or as a criminal suspect.

What makes you think that?:o:confused::p
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think that?:o:confused::p

http://news.sky.com/story/1413359/police-still-probing-leon-brittan-rape-claim
    Scotland Yard says it will continue to investigate allegations former Home Secretary Leon Brittan raped a woman in 1967, despite his death.

The Metropolitan Police Service has confirmed that a review of the case "remains ongoing".

It follows allegations by a woman that she was raped at a flat in London.

The woman was over the age of 18 at the time of the alleged attack, police said.

In a statement, police said: "In late 2012, a woman alleged to the Metropolitan Police Service that she was raped by a man in 1967 at an address in London.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That surely means that there must be someone else involved in criminality. Why else would the police still be investigating?
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    It always amazes me that when people hand over a dossier like alleged here they don't keep a copy to of it :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    It always amazes me that when people hand over a dossier like alleged here they don't keep a copy to of it :confused:

It mentions in the link below that he did keep a copy, but his wife later destroyed it. Presumedly, after he'd died.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/westminster-child-abuse-exclusive-geoffrey-dickens-also-gave-copy-of-file-to-top-prosecutor-sir-thomas-hetherington--so-why-did-dpp-also-fail-to-act-on-evidence-of-paedophile-ring-9588112.html