Good Quality thick fleece for men

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My partner is in a wheelchair and he wants to buy a very good fleece pullover as he hates wearing a coat, (Its too heavy with him trying to "wheel" his chair and wear the coat at the same time) so can anyone tell me of a good make of very high quality (preferably thick) fleece that could replace a coat, it does not need to be waterproof but would need to withstand cold weather, many thanks in advance bbuk

ps he would be wearing another jumper/t-shirt etc underneath this fleece, it would not just be used alone.

Comments

• morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't recommend a particular brand but it may be a good idea to go to an outdoorsy shop and have a look round there.

Go Outdoors or Blacks etc. They have many styles to suit all budgets (no, I don't work there!)
  • Real FanReal Fan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.rohan.co.uk/mens-travel-and-outdoor-fleece-clothing

My husband always wears Rohan fleeces. They are top quality and wash very well and last for years. They also have the advantage of not being heavy and bulky.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    More important than thickness in really cold weather is for it have a windproof lining. I have a thick lined fleece for work but it has to be sub-zero before I think about wearing it. Mostly wear a thinner, unlined fleece with a light windproof cyclists raintop under it.
  • Pallas_athenaPallas_athena Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Have you tried M&S?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    Lands End do super warm fleeces that aren't too bulky. Has your partner tried a down coat or jacket? They are so cosy and light. Again, Lands End do really good ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craghopper, without a doubt. My dad bought one about 10 years ago and I stole it so he bought another. I left mine in a taxi ( :( ) but dads is still going strong. They wash well, water runs off them and they're toasty warm. Good value too.