Options

Any idea what show this is?

clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
Forum Member
I am wondering if I dreamt this but I am sure I saw a poster recently for a show on one of the cable channels (in UK) that basically had the tag line 2 cops one hates androids (or robots) which is a shame because the other is one. I am fairly sure it is not Almost Human that is the only thing that comes up when I google. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Almost Human is the only trailer for anything like that i've seen.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost human has that exact headline in its press adverts
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Thanks then it is Almost Human I'd had a drink when I did a google image search so probably just missed the one I saw.
    So is it worth watching? I see it was cancelled after 1 series but has a good IMDB rating.
  • Options
    BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    There was a show in the 80s, Holmes and Yo-Yo, that also had a cop and an android.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    BigPat wrote: »
    There was a show in the 80s, Holmes and Yo-Yo, that also had a cop and an android.

That was in the 1970's, and it was the tip of the iceberg for the premise. Look up Future Cop, Mann And Machine, and Total Recall 2070.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it might have been Alien Nation, although that was an alien cop, not a robot cop. Attractive alien women too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    That will be Almost Human.

It's a shame because it had a decent premise, and it had promise, with Karl Urban bringing a touch of his McCoy character into it, but it was frankly one of the worst made shows I have ever seen and it has been cancelled after one season.

The number of times the editing had you looking at the person being spoken at, instead of at the person doing the speaking, was incredible. I'm sure there was an entire scene where you never saw someone's lips move because you were always looking at the other person! This issue occurred throughout the entire series and was not a one-off with a particular episode. It was bizarre and irritating and I have never seen anything like it on such a scale.