Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam needs to be on another show :D
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    If that's the case what was the point of him/them being there?:confused:

This is purely my own theory but I reckon as they were filming they saw who was liking who and that helped them to decide on which ex to bring in next. I'd imagine they had an ex for each of the ones who haven't had one turn up but they decided they wouldn't cause any drama so didn't bother bringing them in.
    Seems logical to me :D
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    This is purely my own theory but I reckon as they were filming they saw who was liking who and that helped them to decide on which ex to bring in next. I'd imagine they had an ex for each of the ones who haven't had one turn up but they decided they wouldn't cause any drama so didn't bother bringing them in.
    Seems logical to me :D

Yeah I think this too that they must have had some other ex's on standby but just brought in the ones to create most drama. I found it odd how most of them knew each other or were linked by more than one ex. MTV must have got them all from the same nightclub in Marbs!

I thought Vicky's reaction to Ricci was a bit put on as well. He is a knob though!
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Vicky and I thought Ricci was so jealous and ridiculous at times on Geordie Shore...but I actually felt really sorry for him when he turned up! Can't have been easy to have walked into that.

Also I saw an advert on Twitter asking 'could you be MTV's new reality star?' and it's advertising for 'young sexy single people' etc 'looking for love'..? Next year's ex on the beach maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Vicky as I think she's very funny, but when you re-watch GS and you see her more in the media now, you do notice things. I think a lot of it is a very carefully done act - when the mask slips, you get a not very nice person there. She was appalling to Becca, acts so much better than any other girl in the house, she's made a career out of dragging Ricci through the press and ultimately I think assaulting someone and being convicted for it is a lot worse than what Sophie did - yet it's Sophie who got axed. At least with Sophie you can educate. I think Ricci is right where he says Vicky needs help with her anger issues, she's volatile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And also, we see a carefully edited hour long programme made up of thousands of hours of receorded footage. We will never know what it was really like for her with Ricci, we only have the edited footage and her word. He's never really spoken out about it. He has got the bum deal of it. I couldn't stand him in GS, or understand him, but I do feel sorry for him.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I thought Ricci was a knob on GS but I felt sorry for him. Vicki is a total bitch with anger problems. They were both as bad as each other, and I am more inclined to believe him.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I thought Ricci was a knob on GS but I felt sorry for him. Vicki is a total bitch with anger problems. They were both as bad as each other, and I am more inclined to believe him.

Drama queen who thrives off things like this!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Well, that was a bit of a damp squib wasn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally. That Vicki didn't come across very well. I kept forgetting that one of the blonde girls was there.
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who felt this show was a bit of a let down.

The main hook (Vicky and Ricci) was teased so much yet he was only in two episodes and even then we learn't nothing new, Ricci's still aggressive when drunk, and Vicky's still (albeit funny) overbearing and controlling. Seemed very pointless in the end as we already knew this from watching them on Geordie Shore.

As for the rest of the show; what was the point of Jack, Emily, Farrah, Emma Jane (where did she keep disappearing to) and Marco. For a dating show, none of them seemed to really want to meet anyone. They were all very nice but (with the exception of Marco's psycho ex) we never met any of their exes which rendered them a bit pointless.

As for the finale, when they did the round up at the end they may as well have said it had all been pointless as the only couple who ended up together (Ash and Talitha) i'm pretty sure were probably together before the show even started.

My main gripe with the show was that 3/4 of it was just the voiceover man reminding us another ex was the way every 2 minutes (usually Ross, Vicky or Talitha's) and recapping what had just happened 5 minutes ago so there was no time to get to know everyone or care about the drama.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yeah, there wasn't really much happening and not much depth in what was going on. Geordie Shore I want to see them all back the following year, but I couldn't care less about this lot and don't care if they ever come back.

I don't think it'll last long. It was successful only cos of the Vicky-Ricci scenario really, when it boils down to it.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »

The main hook (Vicky and Ricci) was teased so much yet he was only in two episodes and even then we learn't nothing new, Ricci's still aggressive when drunk, and Vicky's still (albeit funny) overbearing and controlling. Seemed very pointless in the end as we already knew this from watching them on Geordie Shore.

As for the rest of the show; what was the point of Jack, Emily, Farrah, Emma Jane (where did she keep disappearing to) and Marco. For a dating show, none of them seemed to really want to meet anyone. They were all very nice but (with the exception of Marco's psycho ex) we never met any of their exes which rendered them a bit pointless.

As for the finale, when they did the round up at the end they may as well have said it had all been pointless as the only couple who ended up together (Ash and Talitha) i'm pretty sure were probably together before the show even started.

My main gripe with the show was that 3/4 of it was just the voiceover man reminding us another ex was the way every 2 minutes (usually Ross, Vicky or Talitha's) and recapping what had just happened 5 minutes ago so there was no time to get to know everyone or care about the drama.

Agree with all of this. Although I might debate the BIB as the other way round, or strong shades of both in the pair of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Emma Jane! That was the one! :D

I found myself answering him with 'who cares?' every time he asked that question.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up with this week's show.

Ashley very quickly calmed down and saw the error of his ways before apologising. Was he really that much of a man or does it show how much the programme is scripted?

The Vicky and Dan thing did seem genuinely romantic but I guess australia for a long distance relationship was perhaps pushing it a little too much. Again, that's assuming it wasn't just a figment of the script writers imagination. Bringing him back like that after the GS series down under was a stroke of genious.

Vicky still managed to be the star of the series in my view but then she was always my favourite right from the start in day one of Geordie Shore.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, there wasn't really much happening and not much depth in what was going on. Geordie Shore I want to see them all back the following year, but I couldn't care less about this lot and don't care if they ever come back.

I don't think it'll last long. It was successful only cos of the Vicky-Ricci scenario really, when it boils down to it.

This show is not like GS, It won't be the same cast nest year.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing with Vicky and Ricci was just to get people to watch the show. People knew them and their drama so would more or less want to see the fall out.

You could tell she was fake the whole way through. You could see most of it was a set up.
    Forum Member
    This show is not like GS, It won't be the same cast nest year.

Yeah I know, but it should still make me want to have them back even though they aren't. I'm just happy to ship them all back to England and have them fade into irrelevance again.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    The show could definitely have been a series of Geordie Shore: Ex On The Beach and get higher figures. There ended up being too many people and people like Jack, Farrah, Emma Jane just ended up being unseen.

Vicky and Ricci ended up being the anti-climax I always knew it would be.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it what a quality show. Looking well forward to the next one.

I loved the round up at the end...

"Ross and shelby met up in manchester.......
    And she caught him in bed with her best mate. They are no longer speaking"

Lmao. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Bit late, but just watched the last episode today. Really loved this series!! I'll miss it now it's over...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I like Vicky as I think she's very funny, but when you re-watch GS and you see her more in the media now, you do notice things. I think a lot of it is a very carefully done act - when the mask slips, you get a not very nice person there. She was appalling to Becca, acts so much better than any other girl in the house, she's made a career out of dragging Ricci through the press and ultimately I think assaulting someone and being convicted for it is a lot worse than what Sophie did - yet it's Sophie who got axed. At least with Sophie you can educate. I think Ricci is right where he says Vicky needs help with her anger issues, she's volatile.

She's definitely not a nice girl... one of those that even if you're her friend you have to walk on eggshells or you'll have her turn psycho on you! BUT, she's funny and great TV. I know she had her part to play in the disastrous Ricci/Vicky relationship, I don't think many people buy it that it was all him!

By the way, thought the reveal that she ended up with Joss after EOTB had ended was really random!?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Rose34 wrote: »
    By the way, thought the reveal that she ended up with Joss after EOTB had ended was really random!?? :confused:

So did I! It was just.. out of the blue. They didn't really seem to have any interaction in the show either. I wonder if he'll appear on Geordie Shore then. Unless they aren't even together anymore.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone summarise the what happened next for me please.

My recording stopped at the talking heads about what they've learned.
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did I! It was just.. out of the blue. They didn't really seem to have any interaction in the show either. I wonder if he'll appear on Geordie Shore then. Unless they aren't even together anymore.

She said in an interview the other day that she's single!