Options

Miserable weather

124»

Comments

• Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to become extremely uncomfortable over the next couple of days as the heat and humidity rise. 32C potentially, in Eastern England and the South Midlands.

Keep well hydrated and don't overdo it physically.

All the instability and energy is likely - very probable, not just a potential - to breed some violent thunderstorms Friday into Saturday. Could be anywhere, and as ever some will miss them entirely. But those that cop them will know all about it.

Could also be large hail, so maybe time to think about protecting conservatory roofs, where possible.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its horrible in the southeast, although curiously some idiots like sleepless humid nights / flying insects / sunburn and sweating. The good news is it's due to cool down next week, and then it's countdown to autumn :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for those in the south east of England, those temps are my idea of hell, thankfully in Northern Ireland its been fairly mild all week, anything above 20c I can't stick.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Its horrible in the southeast, although curiously some idiots like sleepless humid nights / flying insects / sunburn and sweating. The good news is it's due to cool down next week, and then it's countdown to autumn :)

Nice. Maybe it's idiots who don't like summer and prefer the horrible winter weather.
    Bring on the heat 🔥 :)
    And I'll add that the insects will be around during the summer regardless of the heat and sunburn is easily avoidable unless of course you're an idiot.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's lovely in London, long may it continue.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Nice. Maybe it's idiots who don't like summer and prefer the horrible winter weather.
    Bring on the heat 🔥 :)
    And I'll add that the insects will be around during the summer regardless of the heat and sunburn is easily avoidable unless of course you're an idiot.

Talking of idiots :p Who said flying insects wouldn't be around in the winter?
    The point is, when its hot you open up the windows and the insects fly in because they love flying around light bulbs..... maybe its the flies who are idiots.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposed to be the hottest day of the year today in dublin and flood warnings for tomorrow. Go home weather you're drunk!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for those in the south east of England, those temps are my idea of hell, thankfully in Northern Ireland its been fairly mild all week, anything above 20c I can't stick.

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm happy as you like in this sunshine. Got my sunlounger and cold drinks ready for a repeat of yesterdays day of dossing outside :D