Options

Arrow Season 2 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    And now Peter Stormare has been cast as
    the new Vertigo. I grew to like Seth Gabel, but it seems they realised they made a mistake with him but want to keep the drug alive. Good move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brandon Routh has been cast in a recurring role as
    Ray Palmer/The Atom. Will appear in at least half the episodes.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    How many other members of the Justice League are going to turn up on the show??
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    How many other members of the Justice League are going to turn up on the show??
    I'm more curious how they're going to do this. At the moment, as far as Arrow goes, everything we know and see is credible. If you suddenly include a guy who can change his molecular level or whatever it is he does, in addition to shrink himself, that's going to take the credibility well away.

Flash & Atom; Ollie's going to feel left out soon if he's the only guy around without superpowers. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next series is going to be awesome!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First footage from season 3....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfgthhsuUb8

I absolutely hate 'shipper' names generally.....but 'Olicity' is so incredibly cringe-worthy. If I were doing anything related to the show I honestly think I'd end up telling people to f**k off if they asked a question using shipper names :blush:
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy buckets!
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I just started watching Arrow, because I saw a trailer for The Flash, which has a crossover, and figured I would get ready for it. I got through season 1 pretty quickly. I really enjoyed it. It's not gonna win any awards, it has a sickeningly young and attractive cast and sometimes ridiculous plots, but it's entertaining, and that's what you want from a comic book show like this.

I've started watching season 2 now. I'm only 5 episodes in, but I'm not enjoying it as much. But one thing that is unbelievably distracting and annoying is Sarah Lance's chin/mouth. I don't know why they had to recast her, but they chose just about the worst person possible. Whenever she's on the screen I can't stop looking at her weird dimpled chin. It looks like she's had a chin implant or something. It sticks out so far, and in a weird way. And her mouth moves really weirdly, like she's always trying to do a duck face while talking. I can't stand it. It's genuinely making it difficult for me to watch.

She's not a particularly good actress either, and do they expect us to not even remember that she had a different hair colour in the first episode? Admitedly she had only an extremely minor role, but when I was watching the boat scenes that they reshot, I couldn't help but be annoyed how they were reshooting a scene that I clearly remembered seeing differently not long ago. I guess because I bingewatched them it was more obvious to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First footage from season 3....

I absolutely hate 'shipper' names generally.....but 'Olicity' is so incredibly cringe-worthy. If I were doing anything related to the show I honestly think I'd end up telling people to f**k off if they asked a question using shipper names :blush:
    I hope Felicity isn't going to bite it. That was her, covered in blood, on the table, right?
    Blister wrote: »
    I've started watching season 2 now. I'm only 5 episodes in, but I'm not enjoying it as much.
    It takes a while to get going, but you'll be loving it nearer the end, I assure you. ;)
    But one thing that is unbelievably distracting and annoying is Sarah Lance's chin/mouth. I don't know why they had to recast her, but they chose just about the worst person possible.
    Her character grows somewhat if you give her chance. :)

As for her chin, don't focus on her chin. ;-)
    She's not a particularly good actress either, and do they expect us to not even remember that she had a different hair colour in the first episode?
    Occasionally people do dye their hair. :p
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! The season 3 trailer was awesome!

Roy in full costume looks amazing!! Can't wait for Speedy/ Red Arrow! :cool::D
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I just started watching Arrow, because I saw a trailer for The Flash, which has a crossover, and figured I would get ready for it. I got through season 1 pretty quickly. I really enjoyed it. It's not gonna win any awards, it has a sickeningly young and attractive cast and sometimes ridiculous plots, but it's entertaining, and that's what you want from a comic book show like this.

I've started watching season 2 now. I'm only 5 episodes in, but I'm not enjoying it as much. But one thing that is unbelievably distracting and annoying is Sarah Lance's chin/mouth. I don't know why they had to recast her, but they chose just about the worst person possible. Whenever she's on the screen I can't stop looking at her weird dimpled chin. It looks like she's had a chin implant or something. It sticks out so far, and in a weird way. And her mouth moves really weirdly, like she's always trying to do a duck face while talking. I can't stand it. It's genuinely making it difficult for me to watch.

She's not a particularly good actress either, and do they expect us to not even remember that she had a different hair colour in the first episode? Admitedly she had only an extremely minor role, but when I was watching the boat scenes that they reshot, I couldn't help but be annoyed how they were reshooting a scene that I clearly remembered seeing differently not long ago. I guess because I bingewatched them it was more obvious to me.

your last paragraph doesn't make sense to me, she didn't have a different hair colour in the first ep, the canary wears a wig and Sarah always has the more golden blondy hair. As for the first scene on the boat the original actress was recast which you state you know in your second paragraph.

As for Caity Lotz looks yes sometimes the camera angle is non to flattering on her chin but she is a lovely looking woman and an excellent canary. I actually don't have an issue with her acting she's not the best or the worst thought she did excellent work in the Machine, however what she is is very agile, dance trained, trained in some martial arts, trains in parkour like Stephen Amell and is quite frankly awesome saw some of her tricking vids and she is excellent. Did the salmon ladder, so really one fit lady
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG! The season 3 trailer was awesome!

Roy in full costume looks amazing!! Can't wait for Speedy/ Red Arrow! :cool::D

Speedy is the nickname for Thea in this verse, Roy is going to be Arsenal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see, I see
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    your last paragraph doesn't make sense to me, she didn't have a different hair colour in the first ep, the canary wears a wig and Sarah always has the more golden blondy hair. As for the first scene on the boat the original actress was recast which you state you know in your second paragraph.

The original actress in the first season ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The original actress in the first season ;-)

I thought that but the poster had already mentioned the recast in a different paragraph and had gone on to talk about season 2 in the third paragraph hence my confusion of said paragraph as mentioned

Sarah's first appearance in Season 2 ep 1 when she kinda saves Roy I assumed they were talking about in which her hair is not different she is wearing the canary wig
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trailer has been updated, now with added mentions of - and a look at -
    Ra's Al Ghul

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And seriously Caity Lotz is awesome, think I have a girl crush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly3H_KsCoVo
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the season 3 trailer and it looks amazing.
    I think I'll add this into Spoiler tags though just in case
    It seemed to focus on Slade quite a bit so does this mean we could see his escape his prison at some point? Probably the final episode....

Also does the trailer totally spoil the season 2 cliffhanger involving Lance? kind of a big thing to just stick in a trailer like that

Anyway, looks amazing and I cannot wait. Going to be lots of good tele this year. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, GoT... along with all my other regular viewings, how will I find the time? Lol :D
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one of the episodes of S2 there's a doctor named ' Sheridan Gill' (a minor character)

Barrowman has just confirmed, at SDCC, that he was named after his husband, Scott (whose full name is Sheridan Scott Gill) .

The producers did it to thank Scott for giving them the idea for one of the major plot twists of S2 :)

JB talking about it at SDCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTS0NKtvBz0 (pt 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_CpptNL1Ks (pt 2)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And seriously Caity Lotz is awesome, think I have a girl crush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly3H_KsCoVo

Wow. I bet it annoys her, like it did Manu Bennett, that they can't do a lot of their own stunts in Canada.
    F1etch wrote: »
    It seemed to focus on Slade quite a bit so does this mean we could see his escape his prison at some point? Probably the final episode....
    He'll definitely get out at some point, but focusing on Slade was just a season 2 recap. My guess is we'll see him around mid-season, then he'll escape closer to the end of the season.

Also,
    Ted Grant/Wildcat will appear. Never heard of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »

Also does the trailer totally spoil the season 2 cliffhanger involving Lance? kind of a big thing to just stick in a trailer like that

Anyway, looks amazing and I cannot wait. Going to be lots of good tele this year. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, GoT... along with all my other regular viewings, how will I find the time? Lol :D

The first part of the trailer is a season 2 recap it threw me for a bit when I first looked at it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show just keeps getting better. :D

Excited to see Ray Palmer! One of my favourite DC characters.
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    As for her chin, don't focus on her chin. ;-)

I'm really trying lol.

In the pilot she had darker hair. That's the episode I'm talking about. Sara hasn't always had the golden blonde hair, she's only had it since being recast. Yes I know she was recast, it's literally what I'm talking about. Not sure how you don't understand?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm really trying lol.

In the pilot she had darker hair. That's the episode I'm talking about. Sara hasn't always had the golden blonde hair, she's only had it since being recast. Yes I know she was recast, it's literally what I'm talking about. Not sure how you don't understand?

Because I assumed you meant in Caity's / Canarys first ep not the pilot as you had already mentioned the recast