The Lauren Samuels Appreciation Thread...

Comments

• supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    it's MT week .. Lauren will shine :)
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    it's MT week .. Lauren will shine :)

Oh yeah I know. Just gotta get them pesky votes.

See there's another anti-thread out there ^^ this one about not crying on cue :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Stephanie's exit means anything can happen.Lauren has a steely intelligent determination.That quality may well be crucial.As Sheila said,all the girls could play Dorothy,but do they have the stamina and the grit to see out 8 performances a week as if each one was their first.

Lauren automatically fits the bill.She is not the favourite.But as we are constantly reminded this is a tough business.I get the impression she can cope with pressure and still perform.That must be a huge advantage.She comes across as a solid reliable and versatile professional.An undeniable key to success.In the later stages this could be decisive.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Would be great to see a music show every week featuring these girls or girls of similar talent. We could hear classic songs and new stuff across the years. Loved the Happening routine. They are all great live singers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I really would want someone like Lauren to be the lead in such a big show because she could handle 8 shows a week and be amazing in every single one! :D

Next week she is going to be amazing!!!
    now that Stephanie is gone, Lauren has to be in the final! :D
    Forum Member
    Lauren definatly needs the votes next week, no matter how amazing and talented she is, people won't vote because "she doesn't cry in the sing-offs" or is "really happy when she gets awesome comments from ALW" ... It's Andrew Lloyd Webber for god's sake! I'd want to shout from the roof tops if he said I was good! It's a bit pathetic tbh, maybe she's not most suited to Dorothy, but if we're looking for someone who can sing/act/dance and perform their way through 8 shows a week, Lauren is up there with Steph and possibly Danielle imo.
  • penguin keeperpenguin keeper Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'm think i'm going to vote next week for the 1st time.Assuming Lauren nails it again i will vote for her(only Steph of those left has ever matched Lauren in my opinion).I reckon next week is very dangerous for her though,it being a double elimination,Steph getting bounce votes from being in bottom 2,Jessica and Jenny clearly have big voting bases to have not been in bottom 2 so far,Danielle looks like Dorothy,is the favourite and seems to have a lot of support now.Which leaves Lauren and Sophie in danger.I think Sophie will go next week,but wouldn't like to say who the other 1 will be.
    Forum Member
    i think Steph and Sophie will be the ones going next week because i have heard a lot of people saying that Lauren is now their favourite! Especially now that Stephanies gone!

I'm voting for Lauren every week now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    I've not really been posting on DS during OTR because of dissertation and other uni commitments, but I've had a proper read of some of the threads tonight, and I've decided to put a wee post in here :D Lauren is bloody brilliant! She and Steph (and Danielle sometimes) are incredible! I'm not getting all the negativity out there about her - she can sing amazingly, dance brilliantly and can act the socks off most of the top 11 (imo).

Sincerely hope she's in the final :) Amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of Lauren bashing on the boards tonight :(
    Forum Member
    There seems to be a lot of Lauren bashing on the boards tonight :(

yeah, there is :mad:

Like blibs said she's obviously being seen as a serious threat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurens performance was absolutely amazing.
    The perfect foil to the energy-filled Danielle, but if they swapped who would come out on top?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phantz wrote: »
    Laurens performance was absolutely amazing.
    The perfect foil to the energy-filled Danielle, but if they swapped who would come out on top?

I think Lauren would have been fantastic at Hey Mambo. She seems to keep getting these really miserable songs that don't enable her to show off her ability in a way that will be appealing to the viewing public :( ...but at least she wasn't shafted with Bojangles ;)
    Forum Member
    i know right ... If people base their voting on someones ability to cry then then should be banned from voting :p ... I jest.

I hope Lauren get's an upbeat song she can really get into this week, Nobody Knows and TMTGA were both fab, but like Danielle said: she's glad people can see her as fun now and not just singing ballads!

Damn right Lauren is being seen as an actual threat - when a 22 year old pulls out performances of such maturity like she did on Saturday then theres no doubt Lauren is destined for the WE Stage, her determination and confidence also puts no doubt in my mind she'd make it, regardless of how she does in this comp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Every one of Lauren's performance's have been superb.She has'nt put a foot wrong.
    My general feeling is that the voting public will begin to realise this when we are down to the last two or three girls.
    Thats when it will start to become more apparent.

I think next week may be significant,as I think the votes are still capable of being spread around to the detriment of the best performers.A poor song choice should'nt end in a good performer leaving,but as we have seen it happeans.
    Lauren's strong point is that she can make up for this,because of her great voice and a more direct intelligent interpretation.

The judges being professionals themselves cannot fail to recognise this.
    Forum Member
    hello
    thought i would share what i found:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEFD-G52y4w&feature=related

it's Lauren at Dorothy Farm at 8.57!!!!!
    and she sings amazingly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    hello

and she sings amazingly!

Thanks for posting! I agree. Though I watched the whole show I admit to not really noticing her on there :o - first really picked up on her in the group songs.

I thought Lauren was brilliant (again) on Saturday.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting! I agree. Though I watched the whole show I admit to not really noticing her on there :o - first really picked up on her in the group songs.

I thought Lauren was brilliant (again) on Saturday.

Same! I think it's because the programme shoved people like Stephanie and Jessica in our faces from the very beginning that we missed out on seeing the early stages of Lauren!
    But she's in loads of videos from dorothy farm :D
    Forum Member
    hello

and she sings amazingly!

Sheilala looks mighty impressed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Did they show her initial audition? I missed the first show.
    Forum Member
    hello

and she sings amazingly!

Thanks I hadn't seen that.

Yeah she really stood out even in that small clip. I wanted to hear her sing the whole thing.
    Forum Member
    Pigfarts wrote: »

I've fast forwarded through the first programme to check and didn't spot her.
    Forum Member
    Pigfarts wrote: »

yeah it's in this clip:

at around 2.06 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What song does everyone think Lauren should sing for MT week?
    Forum Member
    What song does everyone think Lauren should sing for MT week?

defying gravity :D
    she could easily hit all the high notes and wow us all!!!!!