Would you be celebrating the deaths of these people?

Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
Forum Member
Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

David Cameron
the surviving British prime ministers
The 2 George Bushes
Rupert Murdoch
Mikhail Gorbachev
Pope Benedict XVI
Bruce Forsyth
Gary Glitter
Simon Cowell
Paul McCartney
Roger Moore
Gerry Adams
Ian Paisley
a member of the Royal Family
Ronnie Biggs
Richard Branson

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I will be celebrating the death of David Cameron probably not any of the others though :D
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    nobody because i have a life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

Roger Moore

:confused:

I can see how all the names mentioned can be annoying or offensive to different people, but what's poor Roger Moore done?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Any excuse to get the fireworks out!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you forget Mandela
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

I can see how all the names mentioned can be annoying or offensive to different people, but what's poor Roger Moore done?

I didn't even notice his name! Hahaha! :D
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I wouldnt be celebrating but i'd probaly smile at David cammerface, the primeministers, royal family and simon cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    you forget Mandela

I read that as Miranda. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would never celebrate anyones Death, there are plenty i would not waste emotion on though.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would only celebrate the death of a person who had done due damage in an intentional way and by that I mean physically and with intent.

I note your list, a political belief has to be so far different from that of a belief in child abuse!!!!!!!!
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Queen. It means there'll be a new head on stamps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be celebrating the death of David Cameron probably not any of the others though :D

You forgive Gary Glitter?
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the above - my mind is occupied by more worthwhile things :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    nobody because i have a life
    Same here.
    Maybe if I lived a life of misery under the dictatorship of Saddam or Gaddafi etc. i'd celebrate and for good reason.

They didn't effect my life though so no reason to celebrate their deaths.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Queen. It means there'll be a new head on stamps.

Charles' head would be worse!

Can't say I'd really celebrate the deaths of those mentioned, some I wouldn't be sorry to see go however.

Kelvin Mackenzie on the other hand...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    You forgive Gary Glitter?
    Unless SuperDude was a 12yr old Asian girl who Glitter abused then I can't see why it would matter if they forgave him or not?
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't celebrate people dying. It's more significant when they retire or leave office or get sent to prison, in the case of criminals.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting ridiculous now. Just accept that roughly half the country didn't like her or anything she stood for, and move on.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Same here.
    Maybe if I lived a life of misery under the dictatorship of Saddam or Gaddafi etc. i'd celebrate and for good reason.

They didn't effect my life though so no reason to celebrate their deaths.

yes to expand i've got my own life to lead and celebrating when people die isnt anywhere near a top priority for me whoever it is. there are far better things to do...............such as watching the exciting champions league football tonight! :cool:
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    What has Richard Branson done to merit a place on the list of examples? Besides not stopping Virgin Media from raising their prices all the time, that is.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be bothered either way about the deaths of the people on that list.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Not celebrating no, but I won't be sad to see the likes of Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness, Gary Glitter, Nelson Mandela and Ronnie Biggs finally shuffle of this mortal coil.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Unless SuperDude was a 12yr old Asian girl who Glitter abused then I can't see why it would matter if they forgave him or not?

No comment as my reply would get me banned :)
    edEx wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous now. Just accept that roughly half the country didn't like her or anything she stood for, and move on.

Agreed
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Mick Philpott? Oh, you fickle people!
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Nope. I doubt I'd celebrate the death of most of my personal and ideological enemies. Firstly, I'm not prone to celebration anyway, and secondly, celebrating would attract attention, which I've never been particularly fond of.