Options

Dermot not happy?

intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
He really comforted Hannah then and seemed annoyed at how the outcome played out

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he has any real connection or interest after so long on the show. Seen it all before and knows the score but is a great host.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he has any real connection or interest after so long on the show. Seen it all before and knows the score but is a great host.

can't be great if he can't be impartial. I think he was just worried she might start crying again :cry:
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Popjustice
    RT @mattpark: Dermot just came on stage in the ad break all furious and told the audience off for booing Tamera. Love him.
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seemed like he was in a bad mood. He pretty much pushed Rough Copy off the stage (in a forceful way) when Hannah was announced as being eliminated, and after both acts had done their sing-offs and he needed to stand in between them, he man-handled one of the guys from Rough Copy to get them to stand on his other side and stop comforting Hannah.

He was either in a bad mood or he dislikes Rough Copy. There was definitely something unusual about his behaviour tonight.

I think it's time for a new host, to be honest.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed and he still gets paid regardless.

He goes through the same motions each and every week. He could do it in his sleep. It's only the fact that he comes across as a bloke you'd love as your next door neighbour that stops us from noticing.
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it maybe Rough Copy's guests booing at Tamera?
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    It just seemed like he was in a bad mood. He pretty much pushed Rough Copy off the stage (in a forceful way) when Hannah was announced as being eliminated, and after both acts had done their sing-offs and he needed to stand in between them, he man-handled one of the guys from Rough Copy to get them to stand on his other side and stop comforting Hannah.

He was either in a bad mood or he dislikes Rough Copy. There was definitely something unusual about his behaviour tonight.

I think it's time for a new host, to be honest.

He moved them apart because he has to keep the show moving - it's live television. Same reason why he presses Louis for an answer in the sing off when he starts prattling on. It's his job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that, and he does it every week - but this week he looked forceful with Rough Copy, moreso than any other act.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Indeed and he still gets paid regardless.

He goes through the same motions each and every week. He could do it in his sleep. It's only the fact that he comes across as a bloke you'd love as your next door neighbour that stops us from noticing.

I'd hate to have him as my next door neighbour but then again I'm never likely to afford to live wherever he does!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    He moved them apart because he has to keep the show moving - it's live television. Same reason why he presses Louis for an answer in the sing off when he starts prattling on. It's his job.

Don't be bringing common-sense into this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member

He's a great host in terms of professionalism but in a way, I think he's become so slick that it's a negative. He increasingly looks like he has no real interest in the show but is there because it's a great payer. He undoubtedly loves himself but its too obvious. He has no genuine warmth or sincerity, but then again that's The X Factor all over.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Dermot, he's such a professional, but this is the first series you can see that he's lost that spark in his eyes. With that said, I'd hate to see him leave. I just think he needs a decent set of contestants that he has good chemistry with. Seeing him with 1D made me remember how well he seemed to click with the S7 lot. But then, most of the XF-related professionals that year seemed to be having fun with that set of contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    I'd hate to have him as my next door neighbour but then again I'm never likely to afford to live wherever he does!

Me neither, but Dermot seems a genuinely nice bloke.

He might not be though.
    Convict wrote: »
    He's a great host in terms of professionalism but in a way, I think he's become so slick that it's a negative. He increasingly looks like he has no real interest in the show but is there because it's a great payer. He undoubtedly loves himself but its too obvious. He has no genuine warmth or sincerity, but then again that's The X Factor all over.

I guess all the hugging, kissing and concern could be just for show and I do often wonder how Dermot feels about the X Factor machine eating up and spitting people out left, right and centre.

I agree that Dermot's slickness can work against him. You know what he is about to say before he even says it most of the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it seems like he doesn't really care any more. He does his job well with regards to keeping the show moving, but I don't think he connects with people that much nowadays.

The show just needs a proper refresh, I think. Going back to the room auditions and bringing Sharon back was a great start, but I think they need to do a lot more.
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I do like Dermot, he's such a professional, but this is the first series you can see that he's lost that spark in his eyes. With that said, I'd hate to see him leave. I just think he needs a decent set of contestants that he has good chemistry with. Seeing him with 1D made me remember how well he seemed to click with the S7 lot. But then, most of the XF-related professionals that year seemed to be having fun with that set of contestants.

Dermot seems to have connected with a few of them. I'm sure he gave Hannah a kiss and a hug after one of her performances. But I agree, it's nowhere near to the level of that with One Direction.
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems rather semi-detached in this series, not as involved as usual. I've always thought he was good before but wouldn't mind a change of host now.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's great. He's part of the furniture. They wouldn't get anyone better than him.
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dermot not happy ? Didn't see that tonight.

I'm getting a rising feeling that there are those involved with the show who don't like this girl Tamera. Is she p*ssing people off behind the scenes ? Is something going on we haven't yet heard about ?
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be bringing common-sense into this :D

Ooops, sorry. Forgot where I was for a moment :D

Honestly, the X Factor wouldn't be nearly as watchable without Dermot. He keeps it zipping along effortlessly with charm and charisma. He's perfect for this type of show. Remember when Kate Thornton hosted? Now that was turgid.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    noelw1969 wrote: »

I'm getting a rising feeling that there are those involved with the show who don't like this girl Tamera. Is she p*ssing people off behind the scenes ? Is something going on we haven't yet heard about ?

Now now just because you didn't see it doesn't mean you have to point fingers at Tamera.

Dermot got forceful when he was trying to pull RC away from Hannah. It looked more like he had beef with RC than anything to do with Tamera tbh. He's pulled people away before (like Ruth/Union J from comforting the sing off victors) but he's never been that forceful with them before.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I've always thought he favoured Hannah.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »

I did ask that question last night.....it was strange how Louis had an unnecessary dig at her tonight having been her biggest fan all series.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought he favoured Hannah.

Apparently ,in all the 7 years he's been doing X-Factor ,the Contestant Dermot liked the most and thinks is the most Talented out of everyone in the whole 7 years is Ella Henderson
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Firstly it's live television, and it is his job to ensure that everything runs on time so that they don't fall off air. As he explained on Xtra Factor, it's made even worse now as they precede another live show (I'm A Celebrity) as opposed to Downton Abbey, meaning they really will fall off the air if they run over time. It's that simple.

Secondly Dermot is X Factor nowadays, much how Davina became Big Brother and it was 'her' show, well this is his. It wouldn't be the same without him, it took him a few years to settle into the role but he's far and away one of the best presenters in the UK. Reliable, warm, professional. He needs to stay with this until the show finally comes to an end, because no one will do his job as good as him.

Also, most people I've read that have met him always say how lovely a guy he is, and I don't see any reason to think otherwise. Most contestants most years always say the same too, and he has always taken them out at some point on some trip. That's more than can be said for most hosts of shows like these.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dermot is to the X Factor what Ryan Seacrest is to American Idol. I can't imagine either show without their respective hosts. They are the two best in the business.