Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
Isn't EPK an electronic press kit?

This thread is a continuation of: Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay Part 5...thanks DS :)

and i think it is Electronic Press Kit :D

Wonder what that means though what does one do?
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contents depend on the industry and target audience. For instance, an EPK in the music industry might contain the following:
    • Biography
    • Music clips
    • High resolution press photos
    • Tour dates
    • Promotional videos
    • Offline website or website links
    • Press reviews and interviews
    • "RIYL" or "recommended if you like" list: list of artists in similar styles or genres
    • Contact information
    • High resolution photos or images of key executives, the company logo, products, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_press_kit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOAH! so it could be a real plethora of things for MDNA then!

Or all of the above of course :cool:
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Part 5 is here! Nice clean walls and fresh paint! But Part 5 is the Like A Virgin chapter! Bring it on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have my Boy Toy belt on!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have my Boy Toy belt on!

mine never comes off ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine never comes off ;)

haha sweeeeeet like candy ;)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooh that is so odd have been addicted like proper got my Amy on for like a virgin so part 5 tastes even more sweet :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    oooh that is so odd have been addicted like proper got my Amy on for like a virgin so part 5 tastes even more sweet :p

And love can open any door!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from Orbit

"I get ambushed in the studio sometimes, usually after round-the-clock working. Guy Oseary shot footage in the studio a few times when I was with M, usually when we were playing over songs together on acoustic guitars.

Madonna can give me a hard time with my mixes, but is very forgiving of my absolutely terrible singing voice. I'm not so forgiving of my voice though, especially when it's immortalised on film. Perhaps I can persuade Guy to dub a proper singer onto my bits. A 'singer-double'.

But this morning I knew they were coming to film. And no singing!
    I look pensive in this pic (with Brenda Reynoso from Universal) but actually I'm just a bit tired. I got so many tracks and projects I HAVE to nail before i take a holiday beginning of April.

Anyway, that was my day so far. How was yours?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they are filming some behind the scenes stuff with Universal present there too??

Hmmm curioser and curioser the closer and closer and further we go :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And love can open any door!

Oh the 80's a time of innocence :p

and should be interesting to see some behind the scenes give further insight to the project :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Oh the 80's a time of innocence :p

and should be interesting to see some behind the scenes give further insight to the project :)

Definitely it will be so good if they circulate it on her YT channel or something...the making of MDNA in 5 min segments weekly or something :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely it will be so good if they circulate it on her YT channel or something...the making of MDNA in 5 min segments weekly or something :D

like in the run up to release 1 for each day on a specific track etc
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Beautiful Killer tonight and I LOVE it. I prefer it over I Don't Give A
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Beautiful Killer!:)

I'm so excited for MDNA!!!:D:cool:
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    It's Beautiful Killer tonight and I LOVE it. I prefer it over I Don't Give A

Me, too! Beautiful Killer is a real pop song, which I love. I prefer that to hip hop influenced things with rapping.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanna see the behind scenes footage so bad. It would be nice if it was included as a dvd with the special edition but i am sure it will premiere on VEVO in a month or so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perez Hilton's leaking a FULL song tomorrow. Can't wait
  • Ted2012Ted2012 Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Perez Hilton's leaking a FULL song tomorrow. Can't wait

Gangbang? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ted2012 wrote: »
    Gangbang? :D

I have a feeling it's going to be TUTR. Maybe they are wanting to showcase it and create some early hype around the song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful Killer is a really good Pop snippet! I see what they mean about the strings like Papa DOnt Preach.

However i feel I Dont give A...is more punchy thus far. Beautiful Killer is a nice one though. Makes me glad for the Deluxe songs too :)

And Perez will leak Im Addicted in full tomorrow apparently....well it is kinda like "title track" song and wont be a single release so it makes sense to leak in full. In a way of saying...one week to go till MDNA kinda thing.

ANd yeah i would have loved the Deluxe to have a bonus DVD of behind the scenes stuff, the Sueprbowl Performance too and the videos thus far kinda thing too :) would have been an immense extra!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest wtf question of 2012: Why did Beautiful Killer not make it onto the standard edition of MDNA? Surely she could have had a 13 track album? (She has before!)

Beautiful Killer could have been the track to follow Love Spent with Masterpiece after it! It surely sounds too good to be a bonus track!

Once I get the deluxe I'm burning my own album onto disc and the tracklist will be as follows:

Girl Gone Wild
    Gang Bang
    I'm Addicted
    Turn Up The Radio
    Give Me All Your Luvin'
    Some Girls
    Superstar
    B-Day Song
    I Don't Give A
    I'm A Sinner
    Love Spent
    Beautiful Killer
    I ****ed Up
    Best Friend
    Masterpiece
    Falling Free

On hearing Falling Free I think it does need to be at the end of the album. But by arranging the tracks like that it saves having to get two discs out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The biggest wtf question of 2012: Why did Beautiful Killer not make it onto the standard edition of MDNA? Surely she could have had a 13 track album? (She has before!)

Beautiful Killer could have been the track to follow Love Spent with Masterpiece after it! It surely sounds too good to be a bonus track!

Once I get the deluxe I'm burning my own album onto disc and the tracklist will be as follows:

Girl Gone Wild
    Gang Bang
    I'm Addicted
    Turn Up The Radio
    Give Me All Your Luvin'
    Some Girls
    Superstar
    B-Day Song
    I Don't Give A
    Love Spent
    Beautiful Killer
    I ****ed Up
    Best Friend
    Masterpiece
    Falling Free

On hearing Falling Free I think it does need to be at the end of the album. But by arranging the tracks like that it saves having to get two discs out!

Totally, that way it retains the "journey" concept of the production/lyrics still and with deluxe songs within the full album. Which frankly does make sense.

Beautiful Killer doesnt deserve to be "shunned" it does sound brilliant and suits the themes of the main album! and sounds like it has a solid hook! And the dramatic violins!

AH cannot wait to hear all the songs in full! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »

Girl Gone Wild
    Gang Bang
    I'm Addicted
    Turn Up The Radio
    Give Me All Your Luvin'
    Some Girls
    Superstar
    B-Day Song
    I Don't Give A
    Love Spent
    Beautiful Killer
    I ****ed Up
    Best Friend
    Masterpiece
    Falling Free

It's Strangeness and Charm all over again JP sometimes for whatever reason certain tracks are relegated to Deluxe only possibly to make more money or who knows whenever they are on my Ipod i just use shuffle anyway :p
This discussion has been closed.