Options

Sharon Returns

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news Sharon coming back glad to see back of Tulisa too last year she was horrible bullying Chris every week

This again. Please elaborate exactly how and when she 'bullied' Christopher. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Looks like she is back sadly, who on earth would want her as a mentor.

What type of acts could she mentor. I assume its been written off how bad she was as a mentor previously

In what way was she a bad mentor? It was only her last series when she was bad, and even then it was only because she'd been given the dud category. That wasn't helped by the first live show when one of her acts performed before the show was even advertised to start (they changed the start time at the last minute) and then another got kicked out after a week or two.

Before you say she never won, Louis Walsh won once. He's hardly the one they all want. Gary has never won either, he's supposedly the credible judge. And despite being one of the best mentors the show has ever had, Kelly didn't win either. She wasn't a good mentor to just her own acts, but others too. Little Mix would be nothing without her.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    And Dannii. Sharon's main issue with Dannii was that she basically slept her way onto the show. Everyone just thought she was talking rubbish, then look what ended up coming out.

This.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing about 'poor Dannii' :yawn: It happened 6 years ago ffs.

Sharon was the one who left the show, Dannii well played the victim and got the sympathy (not from me though). How much more has Sharon got to pay for falling out with someone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    In what way was she a bad mentor? It was only her last series when she was bad, and even then it was only because she'd been given the dud category. That wasn't helped by the first live show when one of her acts performed before the show was even advertised to start (they changed the start time at the last minute) and then another got kicked out after a week or two.

Before you say she never won, Louis Walsh won once. He's hardly the one they all want. Gary has never won either, he's supposedly the credible judge. And despite being one of the best mentors the show has ever had, Kelly didn't win either. She wasn't a good mentor to just her own acts, but others too. Little Mix would be nothing without her.

BIB - Agree. We had Coccozza inflicted on us by Barlow, probably the worst ever finalist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I have love/hate feelings for Sharon.

I used to love her on the show for the first couple of years. I thought she was funny and entertaining and likeable. Then the way she treated Dannii was disgusting and I feel like she has a very nasty side to her which seriously puts me off.
    Dannii went on to become one of the best mentors/judges the show has ever had, and won the show with Matt at its peak. With Sharon returning it might make Sharon feel like she has the last laugh (even though Dannii is on Aus XF & BINTM) but on the other hand she could be really good for the show. It depends the chemistry she has with Gary/Nicole (even though her & Nicole are friends).
    People talk about the friendship between Louis & Sharon as a brilliant thing, but Sharon used to be so far up Simon's backside and was horrible to Louis, making digs about his sexuality and throwing water over him. The only reason she became such good friends with Louis, was because he threatened to quit and then Simon brought Dannii in so he was to busy interested in her for Sharon to even get a look in.

BIB - Anyone who's ever seen the water throwing incident will see that Louis is laughing. He once made Dannii cry on LIVE tv, but they are still mates.

Louis and Sharon are good friends, and I look forward to seeing them on the panel.

No one was further up Simon's backside than Dannii, I'll say no more about that ;)
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    She's bit too old, that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that she's become irrelevant in the UK ...how is she going to win them the coveted younger demographic of viewers?.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    BIB - Anyone who's ever seen the water throwing incident will see that Louis is laughing. He once made Dannii cry on LIVE tv, but they are still mates.

Louis and Sharon are good friends, and I look forward to seeing them on the panel.

No one was further up Simon's backside than Dannii, I'll say no more about that ;)

Louis actually quit if you remember for a short period in between the live shows in 2005 and he expressed that one of the reasons he quit, was that he was so embarrassed that he got water chucked on him, when his family were in the audience. After the clip you even see Sharon going up to Simon and laughing like the teachers pet. The only reason Sharon didn't like Dannii was because Simon was all about Dannii and didn't care about her anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis actually quit if you remember for a short period in between the live shows in 2005 and he expressed that one of the reasons he quit, was that he was so embarrassed that he got water chucked on him, when his family were in the audience. After the clip you even see Sharon going up to Simon and laughing like the teachers pet. The only reason Sharon didn't like Dannii was because Simon was all about Dannii and didn't care about her anymore.

The only teachers pet was Dannii, she just hid it very well.

Simon knew what he was doing by changing the dynamics of the judging panel, bringing in a younger female - he wanted sparks to fly, and he got just what he wanted.

Louis has fallen in and out with a lot of his XF colleagues over the years, he's no angel himself when it comes to bitching. The fact remains that these days, him and Sharon are friends, so what went on in 2005 is pretty much irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only teachers pet was Dannii, she just hid it very well.

Simon knew what he was doing by changing the dynamics of the judging panel, bringing in a younger female - he wanted sparks to fly, and he got just what he wanted.

Louis has fallen in and out with a lot of his XF colleagues over the years, he's no angel himself when it comes to bitching. The fact remains that these days, him and Sharon are friends, so what went on in 2005 is pretty much irrelevant.

Yes they are friends now, there is no denying that, but my point is that they never really had this "great friendship" everyone talks about up until Sharon's last series in 2007 and thats only because Dannii was brought on board and Simon was busy with her. Who else was Sharon left with, with the Simon/Dannii love in?
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are friends now, there is no denying that, but my point is that they never really had this "great friendship" everyone talks about up until Sharon's last series in 2007 and thats only because Dannii was brought on board and Simon was busy with her. Who else was Sharon left with, with the Simon/Dannii love in?

The dynamic between Louis, Sharon & Simon was as a trio. There were loads of occasions when Louis & Sharon would pair up and torment Simon and vice versa. All three were fantastic together and this dynamic was once again achieved when Nicole had her guest stint in 2010. All of the 4 judge panels have been divided.

When Dannii joined, Louis & Sharon became a double act. The panel became divided with Dannii & Simon on one side and Louis & Sharon on the other. Louis constantly took swipes at Dannii, even when Sharon was replaced by Cheryl. The friendship was always there, it just became more obvious when the panel became divided and 'loyalty' (if you can call it that) stuck around for a while afterwards.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still Gary though? Puts me off watching tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Still Gary though? Puts me off watching tbh.

I agree, he's just so dull :(
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this contract signed or are we still at the expected to sign stage, just checking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Is this contract signed or are we still at the expected to sign stage, just checking

I think it's still not signed but it is as official as you're gonna get.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't stand Cheryl, and Tulisa was ten times worse. I never thought I'd be happy to have Sharon back as I totally went off her after learning she sent poo to people she didn't like in the post, but I am. That's how bad Cheryl and especially Tulisa were.

...providing this is all official, of course. I don't believe anything when it comes to the X-Factor until it's actually happening and even then, things can still change as we've seen before.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true then we'll have to read/hear about "brave" Sharon, rejoining the panel after her recent marital woes. It was convenient publicity, i thought. The intro video in the first episode will have her talking about how she's had a difficult time but she's "a fighter".

Anyway, I'm just happy at the prospect of Tulisa not returning...though I might miss the annoyed comments on here every time she says "ballid"!
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    She's bit too old, that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that she's become irrelevant in the UK ...how is she going to win them the coveted younger demographic of viewers?.

I can't help but agree with you. The first time round she was hot off the Osborne show, now, she's nobody in the UK, I can't believe they'd offer her nearly 2 million to come back and that she's even got the producer flying to her in the US to sign the contract, unbelievable.
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a desperate and ill thought move.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon might bring back some of the slightly older audience which advertises love. She also worked so well with Louis Walsh it will be good to see them back together.

Sharon's return may be good for ratings, well at least initally. Lets be honest the last 2 series havent been as popular, and Tulisa was awful.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In ratings terms I'd only bother bringing Sharon back if they were getting Dannii back as well ...as the "feud" would guarantee far more hype (people would tune in assuming it would be car crash tv)..

If they just want someone bolshie I think they'd be far better off going for someone like Mel B or Geri H (or both).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read on another forum that Louis has now confirmed Sharon as a judge on Irish TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    In ratings terms I'd only bother bringing Sharon back if they were getting Dannii back as well ...as the "feud" would guarantee far more hype (people would tune in assuming it would be car crash tv)..

If they just want someone bolshie I think they'd be far better off going for someone like Mel B or Geri H (or both).

Sharon can bring some viewers on her own back. I loved the panel when it was Sharon/Louis/Simon. I stopped watching X Factor some time ago but because of Sharon I'll be back and I'm genuinely excited.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will she have to give up her pension to come out of retirement
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, I could have tolerated Cheryl returning or Tulisa staying better than Sharon coming back, Sharon's a fame-hungry, attention seeking pain in the a** and she was really nasty to Dannii in her final series, not to mention the way she treated some of the contestants (her total overreaction to Maria's exit, her falling out with her own act Ben, her comments towards Steve). I hope she has mellowed over time but I don't hold out any hope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Will she have to give up her pension to come out of retirement

She's the same age as Louis :rolleyes: