Options

Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, my knees are trembling at the thought!! Sure to get the ladies libido soaring!! :o:p:D;-)

Have you seen the new pregnancy spoiler yet!

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/hollyoaks-spoiler-peri-lomax-and-tom-cunningham-to-have-a-baby.php

Any thoughts?

Am I making this up or with Ste's storyline they are going to promote how safe sex is important?
    If so, this obviously isn't apparent for his half-sister!
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if his natural accent just faded or he had a fake accent to start with

I assumed it was his natural accent since I have noticed it slip in occasionally on the odd word in his second stint!
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, my knees are trembling at the thought!! Sure to get the ladies libido soaring!! :o:p:D;-)

Have you seen the new pregnancy spoiler yet!

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/hollyoaks-spoiler-peri-lomax-and-tom-cunningham-to-have-a-baby.php

Any thoughts?

why? there should be a plot where there isnt a pregnancy, it would be exciting and new for hollyoaks, we have had loads of teenage pregnancy story lines, the last one resulted in the father becoming a rapist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Am I making this up or with Ste's storyline they are going to promote how safe sex is important?
    If so, this obviously isn't apparent for his half-sister!

Because they are kids I can understand it better. What excuse do the older characters have? :o;-) I'm also not certain when they sleep together, if it's before or after Ste's condition comes to light!

Also, looks like Leela will be a grandmother in her 20's!!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because they are kids I can understand it better. What excuse do the older characters have? :o;-) I'm also not certain when they sleep together, if it's before or after Ste's condition comes to light!

True. I only meant that it will be ironic :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a horrid unneeded story line, they have only had 1 kiss and that was sweet, if they want a shock story line make Tom the Angel of death, hes as good as that already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed it was his natural accent since I have noticed it slip in occasionally on the odd word in his second stint!

I havent really seen him interviewed to see if its his normal accent or not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why? there should be a plot where there isnt a pregnancy, it would be exciting and new for hollyoaks, we have had loads of teenage pregnancy story lines, the last one resulted in the father becoming a rapist

I've lost count at the number of pregnancies in the last few months! (sighs........)

What's new I suppose is that the grandmother will be in her 20's. Not seen such a young granny in a soap!!
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think either of the other girls in the show would have been a better choice for teen mum than Peri. Holly has shown herself to be irresponsible enough that she'd forget to use contraception, she'd be following in Cindy's footsteps (which happens all too often), and it would be a reason for her to repair her relationship with Cindy. The stress of becoming a father, or finding out he isn't the father, would exacerbate Jason's body dysmorphia/this eating disorder that he's supposed to have. Given Nico's home life and not being very stable in herself it's believable that she would look for affection in a boy and sleep with him too early. With Tom and Peri, I fear the show will romanticise it too much - especially with this about Tom seeing it as his chance to have a "normal" family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent really seen him interviewed to see if its his normal accent or not

Unless you check out old interview footage on YT.

I've seen him interviewed in recent times & he sounds exactly the same as he does now on-screen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think either of the other girls in the show would have been a better choice for teen mum than Peri. Holly has shown herself to be irresponsible enough that she'd forget to use contraception, she'd be following in Cindy's footsteps (which happens all too often), and it would be a reason for her to repair her relationship with Cindy. The stress of becoming a father, or finding out he isn't the father, would exacerbate Jason's body dysmorphia/this eating disorder that he's supposed to have. Given Nico's home life and not being very stable in herself it's believable that she would look for affection in a boy and sleep with him too early. With Tom and Peri, I fear the show will romanticise it too much - especially with this about Tom seeing it as his chance to have a "normal" family.

Holly and dodger was an opportunity missed

Though an STI story would be much better and not HIV, but a treatable STI spread though the village would be interesting
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just recycling a plot they did with Finn. They must really think their audience don't have long term memories.

I said before it looks like none of the characters engage in safe sex. Ironically they made a point of Ste telling Rae that he was 'dead careful' when he was cheating with Brendan. Now they are saying because he is out of his head on drugs he isn't.

I would say that that majority of gay men still don't take precautions because they know now that even if they get the virus they won't die. I suppose the good point will be that HO will show what the cocktail of drugs looks like and that living with the disease is still not easy. I seriously doubt an audience of below a million will make a difference. Plus we have to look forward to what other storylines they will mesh with it. Anyone have any ideas how BK will mess this up?
  • Options
    Forget_Me_NotForget_Me_Not Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    When I've gone back and watched earlier episode, it amuses me just how northern an accent he put on, I suppose some of his sisters, certainly Mercedes and Jacqui, had deeper northern voices so it was maybe to match them. You could tell even during the first year that it was fading out. I read an interview with someone (possibly Matt Di'angelo) about playing their characters close to themselves in terms of accents and stuff as it's hard to keep up day in, day out in soaps.

About Tom and Peri... Isn't Tom like 8 still or something? lol I honestly thought it would be some of the new teens to get the story. I didn't think Holly would get it as when her and Jason had sex they did use a condom, though it split or it came off or something and then spent the next day trying to get the morning after pill. Plus she's in the realms of legal now. I suppose Tom perhaps needed something to do other than trying to get Darren and Nancy back together all the time. Maybe it'll be born on the 20th Birthday of the soap and OB can come back to be godfather lol

Will have to see how they play it. Peri turned 14 this last year so will be in her first GCSE year so there's implications to her studies. She's spawning a child with Tom... will she make it through the labour alive? And hopefully it'll cry lots and lots. Because if this story can put at least one of the twitter brigade off reproducing then I will consider it a success in making the world and internet a better place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will put the "Twitter brigade" off reproducing. I am pretty sure the show will heavily over-romanticise it and that, if anything, could have the opposite effect. Everything the show does with Tom and Peri is really sickly and cutesy, plus they've already said that Peri will keep the baby and Tom will see it as his chance for a "normal" family. Even adult women suffer few to no consequences of pregnancy on this show ...
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a mistake to make Peri and Tom parents. Tom only seems about 12 and Peri and him have barely been seen dating. Nico IMO would have been the better option.

What a few months for Ste though. He checks out of rehab, moves in with his bf, marries said bf, finds out he's going to be a dad from a one-night stand with his bff, finds out he's got HIV from another one-night stand and may have infected his new husband and his niece, who he believed was his sister until a few months ago, gets pregnant by her teenage bf. That's enough to make anyone's head explode.
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't we supposed to see Ste in rehab twice, each time someone visiting him and dropping a shocking bomb?

He is supposed to be back in the village in the first week of December (the 8th?) so we should be seeing him on screen soon, in the next couple of weeks...
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I think its a mistake to make Peri and Tom parents. Tom only seems about 12 and Peri and him have barely been seen dating. Nico IMO would have been the better option.

They could have hinted at how Patrick treated pregnant Sienna with Nico.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a few months for Ste though. He checks out of rehab, moves in with his bf, marries said bf, finds out he's going to be a dad from a one-night stand with his bff, finds out he's got HIV from another one-night stand and may have infected his new husband and his niece, who he believed was his sister until a few months ago, gets pregnant by her teenage bf. That's enough to make anyone's head explode.

You forgot Ste returns home to find fiancé shacked up with cousins husband who is (presumably) making a play for said fiancé.
    Just read about Sienna kidnapping Dodger. If she kills him surely that must bring this storyline to an end..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    They could have hinted at how Patrick treated pregnant Sienna with Nico.

I agree ... and Nico, like Sienna, is vulnerable and wants love (although she recognises that Sienna's obsession is unhealthy and dangerous.) She'd be easy prey for a boy to sleep with her, get her pregnant, and dump her. Tom and Peri's situation isn't unrealistic but is likely to be romanticised by the show, whereas there's no way to do that with a character like Nico
    Francy wrote: »
    Weren't we supposed to see Ste in rehab twice, each time someone visiting him and dropping a shocking bomb?

He is supposed to be back in the village in the first week of December (the 8th?) so we should be seeing him on screen soon, in the next couple of weeks...

Wasn't it two "shocking bombshells"? Looks like #1 will be Sinead announcing she's pregnant and #2 will be JP telling him that Carmel and Mercedes have died
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the 2 bombshells are about the baby and JP losing his sisters but from spoilers there is no mention of any visits. When is it supposed to happen? JP is next mentioned for next week with Lockie and then Ste returns the following week. Im thinking they've cut them out or else they happen this week or early next week. On another bombshell-Leela etc put the house up for sale this week and maybe that's another bombshell. Potentially Ste doesn't find out until he's out and that's when he maybe nearly relapses. He wouldn't have much communication in rehab as they like them to go cold turkey so maybe he cant speak to anyone and doesn't find out until his release. There is a spoiler that say he has a reminder of the past and then his family struggle to believe him so maybe they think he has relapsed or find him with drugs or something due to what he's found out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, was surprised to see James Sutton'e real life girlfriend on Hollyoaks 1st look episode today in a none speaking role as Amanda!! She really is stunningly beautiful!! :D;-)
  • Options
    Forget_Me_NotForget_Me_Not Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    So was surprised to see James Sutton'e real life girlfriend on Hollyoaks 1st look episode today in a none speaking role as Amanda!! She really is stunningly beautiful!! :D;-)

She is very pretty :)

I'm glad Darren was back. Loved him and Tony tonight. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very pretty :)

I'm glad Darren was back. Loved him and Tony tonight. :cool:

Thought they were really funny in the Karaoke bit!! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Lockie (I want to spell it Loki after the god of chaos) the new Dodger (always shirtless)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lockie (I want to spell it Loki after the god of chaos) the new Dodger (always shirtless)

I wondered who was going to fufil that role as they won't want to lose the sexiest male award now Dodger is leaving.
This discussion has been closed.