Options

Emmerdale - Rhona's storyline

Comments

• Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't think she's ever forgiven him or Laurel for interfering with the New Zealand stuff... (Don't blame her)

I did find it interesting that some resentment came out of her about how Paddy always runs off to Marlon, yet he hated and was threatened by her very similar friendship with Nessa.

I know. He doesn't even begin to see the irony in that does he?:D:D
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well neither he nor Marlon have professed their undying love for the other
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well neither he nor Marlon have professed their undying love for the other

but he has been moaning about her close friendship with Vanessa for ages, without ever stopping to think that she's put up with him apparently caring more about Marlon's needs and feelings than hers for years. It's been an issue for him for him for a long time - way before Vanessa had even realised she was in love with Rhona, or Rhona developed the addiction.
  • Options
    chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ever there were four fully paid up members of Nerds-R-Us it would be Paddy, Marlon, Laurel and Rhona.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't think she's ever forgiven him or Laurel for interfering with the New Zealand stuff... (Don't blame her)

I did find it interesting that some resentment came out of her about how Paddy always runs off to Marlon, yet he hated and was threatened by her very similar friendship with Nessa.

If I was Rhona I would hate Moron and the Shrew till the end of days for the way the went on during the whole New Zealand fiasco.

Paddy doesnt like his wife having friends but he can hang around with Marlon constantly and doesnt see anything wrong with it at all.
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lovely amount of hate, contempt and dismissiveness for Paddy on this thread! :D He's an ass and ooh, can't wait to see his take charge methods to help poor Rhona get better, lol

*My idea of hell is to be fighting an outta control addiction while at the same time walking on eggshells because of some butt hurt blow hard that's my "loving husband" lol* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but he has been moaning about her close friendship with Vanessa for ages, without ever stopping to think that she's put up with him apparently caring more about Marlon's needs and feelings than hers for years. It's been an issue for him for him for a long time - way before Vanessa had even realised she was in love with Rhona, or Rhona developed the addiction.

Absolutely this. Paddy doesn't like her having a friendship like his Marlon. The irony is startling. (Plus when paddy and Marlon 'made up' and snuck off together in secret? Lol. Oh the irony.....) I wonder if this resentment will be resolved/discussed further.
    dubgaz wrote: »
    If I was Rhona I would hate Moron and the Shrew till the end of days for the way the went on during the whole New Zealand fiasco.

Paddy doesnt like his wife having friends but he can hang around with Marlon constantly and doesnt see anything wrong with it at all.

Agreed. The Shrew. Genius. Love it :D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know that feeling *glares at Laurel* :mad::mad:
  • Options
    MaddaleneMaddalene Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    There's a bit of logic fail in the plot that everyone now blames Rhona for the carjacking when it can't possibly be her fault in any way shape or how.
    Other than that, and Paddy weirdly not caring about her bleeding"it's just a hemorrage" was good ep.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddalene wrote: »
    There's a bit of logic fail in the plot that everyone now blames Rhona for the carjacking when it can't possibly be her fault in any way shape or how.
    Other than that, and Paddy weirdly not caring about her bleeding"it's just a hemorrage" was good ep.

What was worse was when Laurel condemned Vanessa for having been "in on it". I mean, Laurel OFFERED to take Rhona round the chemists, then the carjacker did the carjacking. Did Vanessa know him?:eek::mad: NO SHE DID NOT. She only found out about the carjacking after the event, and then only saw the pills at the end of their discussion at Marlon's.

So, for Laurel to blame Vanessa for being in on it is one of her most outrageous fallacies of all time. Come back Ashley, all is forgiven!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddalene wrote: »

Sorry but IMO it largely is!

She lied and used her son as an excuse (despicable), couldn't find enough drugs in any of the closer areas near the little upmarket little village so insisted that they went further afield in to the suburbs , which as we saw were a bit rough, and spent ages in the chemist trying to get hold of the pills, defo not thinking of Laurel and Leo in any way shape or form.

She didn't ask for anything awful to happen but I think the point is that nothing like that would have occurred if she hadn't taken advantage of someone's (apparent!) good nature , manipulated said person and used it to help her habit. Also you'd think such a shock (having her son so close to real danger) would have 'woken her up' to get help / tell Paddy etc but she did nothing at that point which is probs why they're angry, thinking - if that wasn't enough to make her care about getting better then what was?!

Not defending Maurel!!:eek: But yeah the carjacking would never have happened if Rhona hadn't been so deceitful and manipulative. She was cold about it as well, to my recollection she didn't feel bad about it (apart from "OMG my son could have been hurt whoops actually never mind that I need another packet of drugs!!!!!")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salad-days wrote: »
    Sorry but IMO it largely is!

She lied and used her son as an excuse (despicable), couldn't find enough drugs in any of the closer areas near the little upmarket little village so insisted that they went further afield in to the suburbs , which as we saw were a bit rough, and spent ages in the chemist trying to get hold of the pills, defo not thinking of Laurel and Leo in any way shape or form.

]She didn't ask for anything awful to happen but I think the point is that nothing like that would have occurred if she hadn't taken advantage of someone's (apparent!) good nature , manipulated said person and used it to help her habit. Also you'd think such a shock (having her son so close to real danger) would have 'woken her up' to get help / tell Paddy etc but she did nothing at that point which is probs why they're angry, thinking - if that wasn't enough to make her care about getting better then what was?!

Not defending Maurel!!:eek: But yeah the carjacking would never have happened if Rhona hadn't been so deceitful and manipulative. She was cold about it as well, to my recollection she didn't feel bad about it (apart from "OMG my son could have been hurt whoops actually never mind that I need another packet of drugs!!!!!")

BIB And remember when she was coming out of the chemist she was so busy stuffing her face with pills, she didn't even know what the hell was going on!:eek: I remember Vanessa basically saying to Rhona having your child nearly kidnapped while you searched for a fix isn't enough of a wake up call *you crack head*!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the good thing about this plot is that everyone is at fault, but you can still feel sympathy for them (or at least, for two of them).
    Rhona has been selfish and manipulative, but it must be terrible for an addiction to hold you so firmly in its grip.
    Vanessa was naive to think that Rhona loved her, and also to believe that she could help by giving 'controlled doses.' I think she did also take advantage of the situation to some extent. But Rhona has used and abused her, and would have tricked her into a relationship based on her need for drugs.
    Paddy has been (deliberately?) blind to the fact that Rhona needed help and was in danger. I should feel sorry for him, but the actor's portrayal just hasn't moved me in any way.
    Marlon is understandably concerned about his son's welfare and safety. I should feel some empathy but see above for Paddy:D
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving aside the carjacking etc it is interesting to note that Laurel was, albeit accidentally, instrumental in causing Rhona's drug addiction to explode out into the open.

Laurel told Vanessa about this man (ie dealer Gary) entering the house and Rhona being nervous. Vanessa ran round and found examples of the drugs she obtained from him. Vanessa took this as one lie too many from Rhona, concluded that Rhona only loved drugs and walked out. Then Rhona, all on her own, took her overdose and was discovered to have been taking all these drugs for months. Laurel did not actually do anything wrong here, and nor did Vanessa, but it just goes to show that in the end secrets are unsustainable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't disagree with any of the comments really. I will say Laurel (or Shrew, thanks Dubdaz lol) DID push herself on Rhona to go to the chemist, but a carjacking is no ones fault.

Been pleasantly surprised with how she's been with Lovely Nessa. Thought she'd go batsh1t, but she's been almost sane.... (until the carjacking was mentioned! lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I know that feeling *glares at Laurel* :mad::mad:

*arm round shoulder* I know mate ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *arm round shoulder* I know mate ;)

Thank you :) I feel I should really let it go.. but I can't :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Thank you :) I feel I should really let it go.. but I can't :o

*hisses......* we should NEVER let it go.......:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *hisses......* we should NEVER let it go.......:mad:

:D:D I'm so glad I'm not alone in this and you're right.. NEVER :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nessa slayed Paddy tonight. Loved the comment about him being like a big kid. She was so right in everything she said IMO.

He's so f***ing hopeless though seriously. I was in hysterics watching him bumble in to Pearl, bellow at her and then throw his arms round her, freaking her right out:D:D Argh I'm not coping with my horrendous raage and hatred toward Paddy:D:mad::mad::mad:

Moira = such a beauty and very sweet tonight.

Bye lovely ones, I'm off now to murder Paddy.... omg I mean watch telly :o
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    If you think about it, we can trace Roneh's addiction directly back to Maurel. They were the ones who stopped Paddeh and Roneh going to New Zealand, leading to Paddeh thumping that copper, which lead to him being banned from practicing for six months, which lead to them hiring Vanessa as a locum and that ill-fated piggy back ride!

Simples!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We have a standing in the community" Really? Thought you lost that when you got suspended for punching a copper Padfoot? Grrrrrr.

But yay for wonderful, gorgeous, supportive truth telling Moira. "If you love her, you'll do anything" (i.e like Nessa did....)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We have a standing in the community" Really? Thought you lost that when you got suspended for punching a copper Padfoot? Grrrrrr.

But yay for wonderful, gorgeous, supportive truth telling Moira. "If you love her, you'll do anything" (i.e like Nessa did....)

I see big problems ahead for Rhona now that's she thrown away the unconditional ( OK, kinda conditional, but you get the drift) love of super hot Vanessa!:D

*Big Sur is nice in the Fall Vanessa. I'll send you a first class ticket and help you get over that nasty, mean Rhona* :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    I see big problems ahead for Rhona now that's she thrown away the unconditional ( OK, kinda conditional, but you get the drift) love of super hot Vanessa!:D

*Big Sur is nice in the Fall Vanessa. I'll send you a first class ticket and help you get over that nasty, mean Rhona* :D:D

surely it will be impossible for Paddy, Vanessa and Rhona to work together any longer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely it will be impossible for Paddy, Vanessa and Rhona to work together any longer?

You would think, but business is business and if they wanna keep it, they better come to some kind of understanding, lol :eek::D