TerryM22's MERGED thread of every Strictly Come Dancing thought... EVER!

Comments

• henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »

Agree Henry. Please don't go, I enjot your posts.

OK then. I have a weakness for flattery. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things I liked about Terry's threads was the way in which they captured the frivolity and lightness of Strictly laced with Carry On double entendres, petulant abuse mostly aimed at Brenden (sic) and Lulu love.

I don't find that this forum is any better in quality since he stopped posting on it although that could just be because for many people it's not easy to get über-excited about this year's finalists.

I have never known this forum so dead in the final week of Strictly. :o

The advertisers will not be pleased with the mods.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Nutella is hazelnut & chocolate spread. Also makes a yummy and quick Hot chocolate (none of the faff of blending the cocoa powder with milk first).

I had a Nutella ice cream this evening. Pretty good.

Saw some on a supermarket shelf. It had a label stuck on.

"Great with Crumpet".

[TerryMode] I did not know that. [/TerryMode]
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You make some very good points."

^_^
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. But maybe he disagreed with you?

But that comment (I believe) wasn't in one of the threads that was "his" and obviously his at a glance by way of CAPITALS and very long title.

Unless he made the same comment in a TERRY THREAD which I was unaware of as I never read his threads.

But if you never read his threads (like I didn't) how did you know he made such a comment in a TERRY THREAD? - if he in fact did.

This is about the TERRY THREADS
    I know this i about Terry's threads, and that comment wasn't in one of his threads - it was yours. If it had capitals in the thread title, it would have been one of his. As it was it was a Terry clone in content.

But he joined in with you on the obsession of a piece of fabric joining two halves of the costume together, as if the sight of it brought on a fit of the vapours in men especially with Kristina - a strip of fabric of all things! Any man who is affected by a piece of fabric needs help IMO. He joined with you on that thread posting in the same way as he always did and responding to him as always was like knitting fog. It was with you on that thread as well.

I read his threads because there was sense from other posters. I posted on his threads (and that one of yours) because I just couldn't sit back and leave such nonsense without comment.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    "You make some very good points."

^_^

:D

be funny if a whole forum full of threads 'terry style' sprung up this evening.... ;-) i've been trying to think what mine might be called, but its not as easy to come up with that stuff as some might imagine....
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked that a poster has been singled out as a suitable topic for discussion. :o

What on earth is going on? :confused:
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    :D

be funny if a whole forum full of threads 'terry style' sprung up this evening.... ;-) i've been trying to think what mine might be called, but its not as easy to come up with that stuff as some might imagine....

Oh, I don't know. A working knowledge of the Carry On Films and the back catalogue of Croft and Lloyd should be ample.
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    Oh, I don't know. A working knowledge of the Carry On Films and the back catalogue of Croft and Lloyd should be ample.

#fail. never seen the former, never heard of the latter. :(

help me out here. give me a title. i want to spam to board like its the last night of strictly on earth.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about nutella - it's fantastic thinly spread on a crêpe (pancake) ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    #fail. never seen the former, never heard of the latter. :(

help me out here. give me a title. i want to spam to board like its the last night of strictly on earth.

Croft and Lloyd? Dad's Army and Are You Being Served at least.
    Imagine any nudge nudge double entendre sitcom of the 70's and 80's and chances are one or the other or both had a hand in it.

No, I really don't want to spoil your fun ;-)
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we having another thread for the show?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I am shocked that a poster has been singled out as a suitable topic for discussion. :o

apparently it's allowed if you start an "I'm leaving" flounce thread, then don't leave.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the posts were deliberately empty bumping of his own or the most contentious threads. Their purpose was to ...... ...his formula of disrupting the forum, by exploiting the limitations of the letter of the terms and conditions in the shallowest way..
    You would not have needed to pass the Cape Canaveral Rocket Scientist entrance exam to have seen that was the game :D
    Once moderators suspected a battle of wills, the outcome was inevitably in their favour.
    Was only ever going to end with one winner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I know this i about Terry's threads, and that comment wasn't in one of his threads - it was yours. If it had capitals in the thread title, it would have been one of his. As it was it was a Terry clone in content.

But he joined in with you on the obsession of a piece of fabric joining two halves of the costume together, as if the sight of it brought on a fit of the vapours in men especially with Kristina - a strip of fabric of all things! Any man who is affected by a piece of fabric needs help IMO. He joined with you on that thread posting in the same way as he always did and responding to him as always was like knitting fog. It was with you on that thread as well.

I read his threads because there was sense from other posters. I posted on his threads (and that one of yours) because I just couldn't sit back and leave such nonsense without comment.

I am not to going to address the content of BIB1 as there is another thread for that. But I did leave Terry is charge of thread management and development and last I saw he was doing a fine job. *

As for BIB2 why don't you perform the role of the new Terry? There is clearly a gap in the market. Then you can bump your own threads in line with your stated aims and objectives ....

[Sorry :blush: ]

* But to be brief:

Ask twenty 20-50 year old males how they would react to a fit good looking 30 year old female suddenly flashing her knickers at him.

Then ask twenty 20-50 year old females if they would have anticipated the 20-50 year olds' reactions to the flash of the knickers.

Such a display is nearly always effected to generate such predictable reactions.

Question of context - full nudity on a beach or in a sauna is a different matter altogether and does not generate any reaction.

{Though we really should not be discussing this issue in this thread - but you brought it up. If you do want to pursue this please first revert with your research findings and post there]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    You would not have needed to pass the Cape Canaveral Rocket Scientist entrance exam to have seen that was the game :D

Was only ever going to end with one winner

The sole objective of DS is to generate advertising income. Without the free Terry generated content and discussion Google juice will fall and so will ad revenues.

Somebody else had better step in to replace Terry's prolific content that has generated ad revenues for DS.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sole objective of DS is to generate advertising income. Without the free Terry generated content and discussion Google juice will fall and so will ad revenues.

Somebody else had better step in to replace Terry's prolific content that has generated ad revenues for DS.
    I'd be curious to know the DS Strictly forum total post counts in the weeks immediately before and after Merge-gate.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Witch hunt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know 'we' like to think we're important but I really don't think that DS stands or falls on the relatively small SCD section of the whole site. Soaps, showbiz, Big Brother, General Discussion, sport ... might disagree.
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    But he joined in with you on the obsession of a piece of fabric joining two halves of the costume together, as if the sight of it brought on a fit of the vapours in men especially with Kristina - a strip of fabric of all things! Any man who is affected by a piece of fabric needs help IMO.

you might think that., but apparently i couldn't possibly comment.

;-)
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

No, I really don't want to spoil your fun ;-)

i'm not allowed to have any fun :D
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Witch hunt.

Troll Hunt;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    ITS' JUSt NOT THE SAME WIHTOUT SIR BRUCIE!!!!!!!
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Troll Hunt;-)

Fair enough:D although if we are having a troll hunt there is a member on the x factor section who will remain nameless that is a much more worthy troll to be a victim of this "troll hunt".:cool:
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are You Backing The - ' Bring Back * Miss Iveta Lukosuite * To Strictly Campaign ' ?

The super hot charming double dancing World champion was an amazing hit on Strictly Come Dancing with many, but some were upset by her singing performance on It Takes Two that year and may have led to her not being invited back this year which was such a shame.

Now that The Bring back Iveta to Strictly Come Dancing Campaign is up and running will you be in favour of Miss Ivetta Lukosuite returning to the show in 2016 ?

What did you like or not like about Ivetas dancing on Strictly ?

Would you like To see Ian Waite, Erin, Robin, James or another professional of your choice brought back on Strictly Come Dancing in 2016 ?
This discussion has been closed.