Options

I refuse to watch X Factor this year. Blooming Cheryl Cole

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
Forum Member
I will not watch X factor this year. I hate that over rated Cheryl Cole. It will all be about me me me me. How can anyone who cannot sing get such a position to judge others.

Talentless people do not deserve all the hype.:(

Try Judging this everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UH5Sxb6Kkw

This is more like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WaHbj7Zyw

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    My problem with Cheryl is I can't believe someone with so little talent & X Factor themselves, gets such special treatment and is so overrated.

I've already been reading from journalists who have seen the first show how she 'dominates' it and has all this camera time. I mean, why? Her personality is dull compared to Nicole and just because she's told Simon to shut up a few times, she has this AMAZING chemistry with him & must be by his side at all times? They barely speak compared to what Simon and Paula Abdul was like. Shouldn't Mel B be given a lot of the focus, seeing as she's the new judge? The camera was never off Cheryl in 2008 when she was the new girl in town.

I always look forward to X Factor starting, but from what I've heard, it's going to be all the annoying bits of 2010 (Katie Waisell-type characters, the Cheryl/Simon show and manipulation) and I'm not looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    My problem with Cheryl is I can't believe someone with so little talent & X Factor themselves, gets such special treatment and is so overrated.

I've already been reading from journalists who have seen the first show how she 'dominates' it and has all this camera time. I mean, why? Her personality is dull compared to Nicole and just because she's told Simon to shut up a few times, she has this AMAZING chemistry with him & must be by his side at all times? They barely speak compared to what Simon and Paula Abdul was like. Shouldn't Mel B be given a lot of the focus, seeing as she's the new judge? The camera was never off Cheryl in 2008 when she was the new girl in town.

I always look forward to X Factor starting, but from what I've heard, it's going to be all the annoying bits of 2010 (Katie Waisell-type characters, the Cheryl/Simon show and manipulation) and I'm not looking forward to that.

I know what you mean. It was always going to become the Cheryl Cole show the moment she was signed. Why Simon brought her back god knows but I am not watching it with her on there as a judge.:(

Bring Nicole back !
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might miss a lot of good contestants just because you hate one particular judge, you can always use your mute button whenever she speaks, though :)

I don't hate nor like any particular judges but based on spoilers we got so far, this season is going to be THE BEST ONE and I hope you won't miss it due to one person and one only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Milkita wrote: »
    I think you might miss a lot of good contestants just because you hate one particular judge, you can always use your mute button whenever she speaks, though :)

I don't hate nor like any particular judges but based on spoilers we got so far, this season is going to be THE BEST ONE and I hope you won't miss it due to one person and one only.

Turning down the the tv is ok but I still have to watch her smug face. No thanks
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good to know
  • Options
    annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching some old clips of Popstars the rivals and Louis is so nice and supportive of Cheryl during her audition and selection process. And yet now she treats him like sh#t. I think that says a lot about her.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these people calling for Nicole back seem to have forgotten how she demanded the boys category in 2012 after been given the groups and after her poor performance on the US show and then went on to do rubbish with the girls category and didn't seem interested.At least Cheryl has a great record,is currently one of Britain's most successful female artists and seems to be extremely invested in this year's show.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    I was watching some old clips of Popstars the rivals and Louis is so nice and supportive of Cheryl during her audition and selection process. And yet now she treats him like sh#t. I think that says a lot about her.

Yes, because clearly nothing happened since the TV show and Cheryl just arbitrarily became mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Gamu ?

Actually I cant watch Walsh or the smugness of Cowell.

OK I might watch the show if they could do without the judges please lol
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your evidence of Cheryl's vocal talent is really rather biased. Cheryl absolutely does not have an amazing voice, you're correct - But she's not as bad as you say she is. You used her performance of Three Words as an example of her poor singing ability. Look at this performance.

A live performance of the exact same song. Like I said, she's no Mariah, but that was a good performance. Most popstars in the industry today suffer from inconsistency; one minute they're good, the next they're awful - It all depends on the venue, song, atmosphere ect. Don't get me wrong, I agree that singers should be able to sing amazingly whatever the situation... But in reality, unfortunately, that's not what this industry is anymore.

The same can be said for all major pop stars nowadays. I hear a lot of people dissing Katy Perry's vocal ability also. Again, like Cheryl, she doesn't have a voice worthy of all the hype, as shown in these two performances: A and B.

However, by the same account, here's another live performance from Katy. She sounds fantastic.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, you can't make such claims based on one performance. Alright, I know she's had some other bad episodes too, but she's had her good times also. Besides, Cheryl's main talent is her dancing - She can genuinely dance very well.

Being a popstar isn't about vocals anymore, it's about the whole package. Where Cheryl lacks in real vocal power, she makes up for it elsewhere, as do other artists like Katy.

I don't really get the argument that because someone can't sing, they're not entitled to judge other singers. Why not? Does a criminal judge have to be a murderer to sentence a murderer? No. I think that same principle applies to talent shows. So long as the judges have the appropriate and relevant experience, they're qualified for the role. Cheryl's had heaps of experience in the industry, and has been at the top (still is... #1 single this year) of the UK music scene. Surely this alone gives her the right to judge people who are hoping to achieve exactly what she has?

Simon can't sing, nor can Louis... I guess they need to leave the panel too?

And remember: Cheryl's not in control of the edit. She doesn't know that she's going to be the most featured judge in episode one. OK, she probably has guessed she will be, based on the hype - But it's not her decision, it's the producers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know you will be watching it though, and then whinging about every minute of it.
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have fun not watching the show and telling everyone and anyone who listens that you won't be watching the show :)
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Your evidence of Cheryl's vocal talent is really rather biased. Cheryl absolutely does not have an amazing voice, you're correct - But she's not as bad as you say she is. You used her performance of Three Words as an example of her poor singing ability. Look at this performance.

A live performance of the exact same song. Like I said, she's no Mariah, but that was a good performance. Most popstars in the industry today suffer from inconsistency; one minute they're good, the next they're awful - It all depends on the venue, song, atmosphere ect. Don't get me wrong, I agree that singers should be able to sing amazingly whatever the situation... But in reality, unfortunately, that's not what this industry is anymore.

The same can be said for all major pop stars nowadays. I hear a lot of people dissing Katy Perry's vocal ability also. Again, like Cheryl, she doesn't have a voice worthy of all the hype, as shown in these two performances: A and B.

However, by the same account, here's another live performance from Katy. She sounds fantastic.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, you can't make such claims based on one performance. Alright, I know she's had some other bad episodes too, but she's had her good times also. Besides, Cheryl's main talent is her dancing - She can genuinely dance very well.

Being a popstar isn't about vocals anymore, it's about the whole package. Where Cheryl lacks in real vocal power, she makes up for it elsewhere, as do other artists like Katy.

I don't really get the argument that because someone can't sing, they're not entitled to judge other singers. Why not? Does a criminal judge have to be a murderer to sentence a murderer? No. I think that same principle applies to talent shows. So long as the judges have the appropriate and relevant experience, they're qualified for the role. Cheryl's had heaps of experience in the industry, and has been at the top (still is... #1 single this year) of the UK music scene. Surely this alone gives her the right to judge people who are hoping to achieve exactly what she has?

Simon can't sing, nor can Louis... I guess they need to leave the panel too?

And remember: Cheryl's not in control of the edit. She doesn't know that she's going to be the most featured judge in episode one. OK, she probably has guessed she will be, based on the hype - But it's not her decision, it's the producers.

Couldn't agree more.

People have short memories when it comes to past X Factors. As much as I loved Nicole, she was one of the biggest attention seeking judges, particularly on the live shows.

When Dannii first joined, she was Simon's pet (not to mention lover) - pushing out Sharon. It backfired on her when Simon put all his attention on Cheryl the following year, Dannii didn't like it one bit.

Regarding the story about Cheryl getting all the attention this year, the show hasn't even started yet, so we're only going on what the journalists are saying. There will be some hype because she's returning, but I doubt it'll continue throughout the whole series.

I bet most of Dannii's fans would expect the attention to be on her if she ever returns, they wouldn't be on here complaining.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Louis had been a bit more supportive of Girls Aloud, maybe Cheryl would treat him differently.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Using clips from over a decade ago? Because obviously, nothing could have happened in that time :D:D.

Why do people take it so seriously? It's a Saturday night entertainment show.
  • Options
    annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Using clips from over a decade ago? Because obviously, nothing could have happened in that time :D:D.

Why do people take it so seriously? It's a Saturday night entertainment show.

It was just an observation that I found interesting, really. I guess people change when they become famous.:cool:
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    it's Simon that annoys me, but I'll still watch! ;)
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the general sentiments about Cheryl Tweedie Cole Fesini VD or whatever her fecken name is . No talent, no class and the only reason she's there is to satisfy Cowells quest to get inside her pants.

The X Factor will be a big damp squib with the winner used and abused by Cowell and then dumped when he's made money of them.

Mind you could you imagine if Cowell was to give an act a free pass to the final and then wins what the furore would be
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    I believe her professional name is now officially Cheryl Tweedy-Cole-Fernando-Torres.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I give Cheryl credit for is becoming a multi millionaire on the back of her looks. Who can blame her for being up herself, she has used cowell's
    Lust to good advantage. Talentless but very clever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »

Judging by the extremely negative reviews of Bootcamp I can't imagine those who decide not to tune in will be missing much. :blush:

I might record the show so that I can fast forward through all the unnecessary parts of the show although I have no intention of watching the show live due to Cherly being back but that's just me.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A total backwards step
  • Options
    AUNACAUNAC Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Hairy belly
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member

As Louis has admitted himself, he was useless as Girls Aloud's manager and they had little to no contact with them but he was still taking his cut. There is issues on both sides, from Cheryl to Louis that they were left to fend for themselves and Louis to Cheryl because she (and the other members) exposed Louis's uselessness.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Alot happened since then though, Louis was supposed to manage them after the show but ended up abandoning them and even refusing to take their calls, so it fell on their own shoulders the first couple of years to manage the group. Also didn't stop him taking a cheque despite doing nothing for them, so its hardly surprising she isn't hugely fond of him.