Options

Olly Murs and Caroline Flack confirmed to replace Dermot

SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
Forum Member
✭✭
ITV, Thames and Syco today confirmed that Olly Murs and Caroline Flack are to be the new presenters of The X Factor, becoming the first ever duo to host the hit singing show.

Olly and Caroline will bring their chemistry and charm to the show, having previously co-hosted The Xtra Factor on ITV2 for two years from 2011. They will be on hand at every stage of the audition process to congratulate and console the budding singers who are vying to be the next big superstar. They will also be tasked with keeping the judges in order, once the live shows start.

Source: www.twitcelebgossip.com/13506-olly-murs-and-caroline-flack-confirmed-to-present-the-x-factor-2015-together/ | TwitCelebGossip

I think it's fantastic Olly and Caroline are back together again. Xtra Factor was hilarious when they both presented it.

Should be brilliant on the main show! :D

Comments

• Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbf they were the only natural replacement - there was no one else In my mind
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad its both of them perfect presenters
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! :D Fantastic, fantastic news.
  • Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( 2 presanters on main show wont work.. and i cant stand olly
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main show wont suit there type of presenting and two hosts just wont work. Plus does this mean contestants will het less screen time?
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly the worst kept secret in the world. Simon Cowell needs lessons off Steven Moffat!:D

I think Olly Murs and Caroline Flack are going to be great on the main show. They have a natural chemistry with each other; it's definitely a step in the right direction IMO towards (hopefully) a much more light-hearted show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    :( 2 presanters on main show wont work.

Don't see why not.

BGT works with two presenters so X Factor should also.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was hoping for something unexpexted but at the same time, I think its great news! They have great chemistry and Olly comes from the show which is fantastic.

I hope Stevi gets a shot at hosting xtra factor.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see why not.

BGT works with two presenters so X Factor should also.

They aren't Ant and Dec
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Flack. Irritating voice and woman. She cannot present at all in my opinion. I won't be watching this year.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    I hope Stevi gets a shot at hosting xtra factor.

Possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on here.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really pleased with this, loved them doing Xtra Factor.

I think this is a step in the right direction for the show. Will definitely make it feel younger imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't Ant and Dec

I never said they were. The point is, BGT works with two presenters so so will X Factor.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it was so obvious to the extreme. ;-)
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on here.

Really? Why is that? He is funny, respected and I think he could be great on xtra.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Absolutely terrible choice. The faux 'sexual tension' will no doubt take over the show now. Really not looking forward to this.
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot has only gone, because they have undergone a format change, and that's why he has gone, because he couldn't do it.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor has got to get lighter, it really has. Together, with their chemistry, Olly and Caroline will contribute to achieving just that.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their names were leaked a few months back .

Caroline Flack and Olly Murs will replace Dermot O’Leary on The X Factor 2015, it’s been officially confirmed.

Yes, this isn’t yet another rumour from a source or insider, ITV has tonight officially announced that former Xtra Factor duo Olly and Caroline WILL be fronting the series this year.

And these are the words Olly had to say about it all: “I’m incredibly excited and proud to be returning to The X Factor alongside Caroline.

“I love the show and it kick-started my career in music which has given me the opportunity to do what I love. I already have the best job in the world and it’s about to get better – I can’t wait to get started and be part of finding some amazing new talent!”

Caroline Flack, who will be a very busy lady this summer also presenting ITV2’s Love Island, added: “I’m beyond excited about presenting The X Factor with Olly. To have the privilege of doing this with someone who makes me laugh out loud is a massive bonus!

“I’m also incredibly lucky to have the best tips and support from my showbiz big brother Dermot. I’m not sure how I can live up to his long term residency but I know I can’t let him down!”

Even Simon Cowell has got involved in the announcement, saying: “I am absolutely delighted Caroline and Olly are both returning to The X Factor.

“When they were on Xtra together, they were a brilliant double act. Since then, Caroline’s gone from strength to strength – and Olly has become one of Britain’s biggest stars. So now I’m looking forward to them fronting the main show.”

Now as for The X Factor 2015 judges, a spokesperson told us: “Further details about this year’s X Factor including the judging panel will be announced in due course.”

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/217755-x-factor-2015-olly-murs-caroline-flack-confirmed-as-new-hosts.html#ixzz3XVm6HyDJ
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible choice. The faux 'sexual tension' will no doubt take over the show now. Really not looking forward to this.

The sexual tension was just a bit of fun many viewers including myself enjoyed watching. And you don't just get it with X Factor. You get it in many TV shows including Doctor Who, Britain's Got Talent, Agents Of SHIELD and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel precisely because it's compelling to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    X Factor has got to get lighter, it really has. Together, with their chemistry, Olly and Caroline will contribute to achieving just that.

Totally agree. If BGT's success proves anything, it's that people now want a lighter tone with their talent shows.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im happy as I love them [actually went to see Olly in Glasgow on Tuesday night :D ] The only thing I don't get is Olly said he left xtra factor to focus on his music career so I find it weird that after just 2 years he's back hosting :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im happy as I love them [actually went to see Olly in Glasgow on Tuesday night :D ] The only thing I don't get is Olly said he left xtra factor to focus on his music career so I find it weird that after just 2 years he's back hosting :confused:

Well, put it this way: if you were offered to co-host one of the UK's biggest ratings juggernauts (and it still is one of the UK's biggest ratings juggernauts, gets more than most shows), would you turn it down?

Olly Murs would have been a idiot to turn down a presenting role on X Factor.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im 50/50 on this.

They were great on the Xtra Factor but the main show is totally different and only time will tell if they are a fit.

Also i hope its a total revamp and they need at least 3/4 new credible judges.