Unapologetic or Talk That Talk?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
So I find that Rihanna's last two albums are very alike (so much so that if you combined the best songs from both albums no one would know the difference!)

So what is your favorite album? Both are not a patch on GGGB, Rated R or Loud but both have good strong songs (and terrible ones as well.)

I will go for Talk That Talk - it overall contains better tracks that Unapologetic (Where Have You Been, We Found Love, Do You Thang, Talk That Talk, You Da One) even though some of the songs are complete filler.

Unapologetic I don't really like at all. OK, I really like Stay, Love Without Tradgedy and Lost In Paradise, but some of the songs on it are awful (Pour It Up, Numb, Jump and Get It Over With). And I feel really old saying this, but how many times does she say f*** in Phresh Off The Runway? I say the word as much anyone, but it sounds like she is saying it in that song for the sake of it. And some of the lyrics are lousy "let's make out in this Lexus" in Nobody's Business?

Which one do you prefer?

Comments

• vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk That Talk. I only really like Pour It Up, Jump and Diamonds from Unapologetic.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Talk That Talk but I love both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I find Talk That Talk her second or third best album, and that it was quite underrated. Besides, Unapologetic doesn't really have big, throaty ballads like Talk That Talk, that had at least two. I also think Rihanna didn't really improve vocally from TTT to Unapologetic, I actually think she took a step back.

So yeah, Talk That Talk for me. My favorites are Drunk On Love, Farewell, Do Ya Thang and Fool In Love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    'Unapologetic' is a better overall album

'Talk That Talk' has stronger standout tracks ('WFL', 'WHYB', 'BC')

'Rated R' slays both of them marginally
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Talk That Talk. I find most of Unapologetic unlistenable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer Unapologetic, it's one of my favourite Rihanna albums...
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unapologetic TTT is dire in parts albums are supposed to grow with every listen i find it gets worse. It's rushed fractured and down right boring probably my least favourite along with Music Of The Sun Unapologetic is miles ahead.

Also OP i think your missing the point of some of the lyrics ''Lets Make out in thsi Lexus'' a reference to the assault. A reason i like unapologetic the latter half has a lot more depth and hidden meaning i just think its way better.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are bloody awful, but I pick Talk that Talk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I'd go with Unapologetic as its far less generic than TTT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unapologetic definitely is a superior album to TTT...with time the latter has faded on me a lot....but Unapologetic i keep hearing new stuff and some of the lyrics (her own or not it doesnt matter) are quite harsh/macabre in some paces like Rated R was in some aspects too :)...and i think its my third fave RIhanna album after Rated R and good girl gone bad....has a very different energy which i like plus a few quite goosepimply moments which i adore too
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unapologetic definitely is a superior album to TTT...with time the latter has faded on me a lot....but Unapologetic i keep hearing new stuff and some of the lyrics (her own or not it doesnt matter) are quite harsh/macabre in some paces like Rated R was in some aspects too :)...and i think its my third fave RIhanna album after Rated R and good girl gone bad....has a very different energy which i like plus a few quite goosepimply moments which i adore too

Agree with all you summed it up nicely :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Agree with all you summed it up nicely :)

Cherrrz bub :cool:
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are shit.

Loud and Rated R are the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Both are shit.

Loud and Rated R are the best.

Loud too has faded off my radar bar Man Down i dont tend to want to listen to that album anymore either...the Europop elements have died on that album...and the rest sounds so aged and stuck in its era for me.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Both are shit.

All her albums are a bit shit, with the exception of Rated R.

Don't get me wrong, her singles are mostly amazing, but Rated R is her only truly great album.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure yet.

But Unapologetic is perhaps one of her most mature albums to date. The themes are clear, much better lyrics and more personal.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of either. Can't believe both of these terrible albums come from the same girl who only 3 years ago brought us the incredible Rated R :eek:

Perhaps if she put more effort into the albums instead of throwing them off the conveyor every 12 months we might get tunes of a better quality...
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk That Talk.

Actually, swap out the shit from TTT with Unapologetic's strong ones, and you have a great album.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unapologetic is her best album so...

It really feels like Rihanna not just some random pop star making current pop songs like Loud was. It shows her personality, the concept and theme through its songs are clear. And quite urban and different from her contemporaries. Opposed to this, TTT is her worst album post-GGGB. Boring, cliched and rushed.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Unapologetic for Fresh Off The Runway (LOVE this), Numb, Pour It Up, What Now, Right Now, Diamonds, Jump (also love this a lot) and Stay....

I only really like You Da One, WFL, WHYB, Cockiness, Birthday Cake, Roc Me Out, Do Ya Thang, TTT and Watch N' Learn on TTT and I like them less than the songs I like on Unapologetic....I got tired of TTT quite quickly, and the constant sex theme got boring after a while.

Unapologetic seems more personal and more daring, a lot of the tracks on TTT seemed quite safe and even rushed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Talk That Talk, I can't get into the first 6 songs on Unapologetic (apart from Diamonds), Talk That Talk flows more for me whereas when Unapologetic is good its good but when its bad its REALLY AWFUL!
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely prefer Unapologetic, was quite pleasantly surprised when I heard it.