Options

Most expensive hotel room you've stayed in?

phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was looking on line at the The Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra India and was thinking about booking a room with a balcony for two nights when I visit the Taj Mahal, Its £690 a night.... Do you think it would be worth the money?

Comments

• Options
    biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I should think you'll be in the toilet most of the time
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking on line at the The Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra India and was thinking about booking a room with a balcony for two nights when I visit the Taj Mahal, Its £690 a night.... Do you think it would be worth the money?
    Seems a bit cheap to me.

Why not go for go for the Grand Luxury Suite for just a tad over £1000 a night?
  • Options
    Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sausage rolls?
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    $90 in St. Louis 10 years ago. I couldn't find a Motel 6, I was well gutted.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Seems a bit cheap to me.

Why not go for go for the Grand Luxury Suite for just a tad over £1000 a night?

Pffft I'd stay in the Kohinoor suite, 5 grand per night.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea what sausage rolls has to do with it.
    I find that the benefits tail off rapidly as you spend more, then you have to spend a disproportionate amount of time in the room or hotel to feel you get your monies worth.
    I'd want 2 toilets for that money and bottled water to brush my teeth.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't. It's riddled with evil spirits. Look out behind you.....
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't. It's riddled with evil spirits. Look out behind you.....

That's OK, he'll just take his Buddha statue.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    That's OK, he'll just take his Buddha statue.

Good point!
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point!

And he's going to bathe in the Ganges to get rid of them. Or was that for something else? I've forgotten. Either way he's covered.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheraton New York Times Square. $289 a night at today's rates. I stayed 4 nights for free though.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Pffft I'd stay in the Kohinoor suite, 5 grand per night.
    I got the impression the OP was obviously on a bit of shoe string budget. ;-)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    £490 per night. Cyprus Hilton (Nicosia) There were 3 or 4 levels higher (suits) that cost even more. I wasn't paying for this I should add.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80-odd I think, definitely less than £100. Don't go away too often and when I do I usually look for the cheapest that won't leave me in fear of my life. 40 or 50-something would be typical.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had one of the corner top floor suites in the hotel overlooking Cardiff bay.

The room was about £200*. The final bill (for just one night) was about £400.

Not even sure how we racked up £200 on food, room service and extras but it was worth it, not a bad night.

* Worth pointing out that even this was discounted. We got a good deal somehow - can't remember how though, this was 3-4 years ago now.
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Savoy London - 800 quid a night
    Four Seasons Sydney - more than the above
    A certain hotel in Dubai - more than the two above added together
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Once upon a time I was doing a job in Egypt, on a ship, and we got a helicopter back to Alexandria every night.
    We had this deal whereby, if there was bad weather forecast, we could elect to stay aboard the ship and get on with the work and, by way of compensation, we got a night in a nice hotel in Alexandria for every night we stayed aboard the ship.

There was a storm, we stayed on the ship for nearly a week and, as a result, we got a week in the nice hotel in Alexandria.

I was briefly gutted to find that I'd be sharing the room with the other guy I was working with but things began to look up when I found we didn't have a room key and, instead, we just had a swipe-card-thing that made the lift go further up.

Turned out we had the entire penthouse floor of the hotel to ourselves and, basically, everything was either marble, gold or glass.
    Considering we were "sharing" the place, I didn't even see the other guy for 4 days and then it was only 'cos I phoned him and we arranged to have dinner.
    When I met up with him in the restaurant he had some hot chick with him and it turned out she was also, erm, part of the "gratuity" as well.

Had to sign the bill when we left and the grand total, for 7 days and 6 nights, was $85,000-odd.

The weather wasn't great and we were back there quite a bit too. :D
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    A suite at Sofitel London.

I think It was about £1200 a night back then, it's all they had left and the company i worked for made a balls up with the reservation so i got upgraded.