Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a fine episode , didn't try and re-invent the wheel or be some big overblown thing , just good storytelling .

I have to say I fully expected Walt to suffer a real personal tragedy - losing one of his family , but they didn't go there ,

Poor Jesse tho , what a shit time he's had while he's known Walt .

good to see Walt admit to himself who he is , he seemed genuinely happy for the first time .

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutly brillant ending to a superb show.
    Loved the ringtone on Todd's phone:):)

Someones got to make that ring tone available for download.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someones got to make that ring tone available for download.

Weirdly enough, my chemistry teacher when I was a kid was a big fan of that song...
  • Options
    PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant finale to a brilliant series - loved it all
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW What a cracking episode to finish the show , i I feel emotionally drained after that .
    Brilliant series from start to finish and gave me a good few laughs along the way ..
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing finale, gutted it's over.
  • Options
    Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I don't see how anyone can think that Jesse got off freely at all. Mentally and Physically the guy has had his full comeuppance, probably more so that anyone in the whole program.

Jesse was never cut out for the druglord business, he was a small time street dealer which is probably his right level of criminality but he was good at art so he understood the meth making process and thus excelled at it but the deeper it got the worse he become.

Saying he never took responsibility don't really go as he tried to take full responsibility by working with the police, giving his money away, trying to take down Walt and the whoever else was involved but because he'd been on the inside of the trade he knew he couldn't do it the usual way as he knew that Walt/Nazi's would just have him executed and get away with everything, probably easier as well with him being in jail.

At the end of it Jesse has lost both his girlfriends and caused their deaths (unintentionally), killed three people by hand (two of which he didn't really want to do), unintentionally caused the deaths of two kids and the poisoning of another, unintentionally got his friend killed, got disowned from his family, unintentionally involved in the death of both his father-figures, been beaten to a pulp and hospitalized twice and then beaten and tortured for what could have been months as a nazi meth-slave.

Not to mention any other-related deaths he probably feels responsible for (air crash, OD victims) as well as mental anguish caused upon others (Jane's father, Brock, Drew Sharps family, Mikes family etc).

So other than all that he has to live with, he is now on the run in what is most likely to be a high priority for the DEA/Cops (whoever else) who have no one left to go after but him (Walt/Nazi's/Cartel/Gus and his team all being dead), has no home (as his will surely be taken), no family, only two friends and his face will have been pushed out all over the country in relation to this case. he can't even call on Saul/Ed to get him out/change his identity. The guy is completely screwed, him living is probably worse for him than him actually dying in many ways.

I think the story telling throughout the last episode was to truly show the tragedy of everything - Jesse for reasons above, Skyler looked a chain smoking zombie who was left emotionally dead, Marie not as much but still extremely scarred, Walt Junior living by himself believing his Father killed his uncle, world shattered and can't even have the same relationship with his mother again, looking completely despondent.

The only person who really got off with everything was Walt who died being the druglord he always wanted to be and faced no consequences for his actions. He got Hank killed and ruined his family which he obviously regretted but at the end of it, he said he enjoyed that lifestyle and went out doing what he liked best, not having to take the wrath of the police/public or even the ones who he has helped destroy. Walt is the one who got of the most.
  • Options
    somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all 5 seasons, Walt never tried the 'blue stuff'. An alternative way out would have been for him
    to try it for the first time in the lab at the end, and have an anaphalactic shock or similar and die of his own devices.
    Just a thought, but happy the way it ended anyway.

Glad they managed to shoehorn in
    Badger and Skinny Pete, but no resolution for Saul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    It was a fine episode , didn't try and re-invent the wheel or be some big overblown thing , just good storytelling .

I have to say I fully expected Walt to suffer a real personal tragedy - losing one of his family , but they didn't go there ,

Poor Jesse tho , what a shit time he's had while he's known Walt .

good to see Walt admit to himself who he is , he seemed genuinely happy for the first time .

BIB: in a way, he lost his entire family. Walt Jr. hates him and told him he wishes he would just die, Skyler is pretty much dead inside because of him, Marie obviously despises him because of Hank, and Holly is going to grow up learning about how her father was a reprehensible monster. The way in which it happened was actually more gutting a punishment for Walt than, say, any of them dying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Perfect ending, everything was nicely wrapped up in a very satisfying way (note to Dexter writers: THIS is how you do a series finale...). A fantastic end to a fantastic series :)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Finale, a little predicable in who lived and who died (the only one I got wrong in the prediction thread was Walt Jr as I thought there would be a shock death) but still memorable.

I was amused who the Hitmen were, while watching I had thought Walt had set up an automatic system to switch the laser pointers on, of course he ended up using one for the Nazi killing.

Not sure anyone predicted that Walt would end up dying due to being shot by himself with the M60 Machine Gun :D

What about Huell? After being left alone in that crappy motel room and waiting for the return of Hank, is he still there?

There was another DEA agent at the Motel, presumably he either let Huell go or more likely took him in for official questioning when Hank and Gomez never made contact.
  • Options
    CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did miss Saul. I thought he might have made an appearance.

obviously hadnt worked long enough at Cinnabon to get time off:p

loved the flashback to the first episode when walt was in his trashed living room, it was all Hanks fault all of it:eek: no drive along, the show didnt happen;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typ33 wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone can think that Jesse got off freely at all. Mentally and Physically the guy has had his full comeuppance, probably more so that anyone in the whole program.

Jesse was never cut out for the druglord business, he was a small time street dealer which is probably his right level of criminality but he was good at art so he understood the meth making process and thus excelled at it but the deeper it got the worse he become.

Saying he never took responsibility don't really go as he tried to take full responsibility by working with the police, giving his money away, trying to take down Walt and the whoever else was involved but because he'd been on the inside of the trade he knew he couldn't do it the usual way as he knew that Walt/Nazi's would just have him executed and get away with everything, probably easier as well with him being in jail.

At the end of it Jesse has lost both his girlfriends and caused their deaths (unintentionally), killed three people by hand (two of which he didn't really want to do), unintentionally caused the deaths of two kids and the poisoning of another, unintentionally got his friend killed, got disowned from his family, unintentionally involved in the death of both his father-figures, been beaten to a pulp and hospitalized twice and then beaten and tortured for what could have been months as a nazi meth-slave.

Not to mention any other-related deaths he probably feels responsible for (air crash, OD victims) as well as mental anguish caused upon others (Jane's father, Brock, Drew Sharps family, Mikes family etc).

So other than all that he has to live with, he is now on the run in what is most likely to be a high priority for the DEA/Cops (whoever else) who have no one left to go after but him (Walt/Nazi's/Cartel/Gus and his team all being dead), has no home (as his will surely be taken), no family, only two friends and his face will have been pushed out all over the country in relation to this case. he can't even call on Saul/Ed to get him out/change his identity. The guy is completely screwed, him living is probably worse for him than him actually dying in many ways.

I think the story telling throughout the last episode was to truly show the tragedy of everything - Jesse for reasons above, Skyler looked a chain smoking zombie who was left emotionally dead, Marie not as much but still extremely scarred, Walt Junior living by himself believing his Father killed his uncle, world shattered and can't even have the same relationship with his mother again, looking completely despondent.

The only person who really got off with everything was Walt who died being the druglord he always wanted to be and faced no consequences for his actions. He got Hank killed and ruined his family which he obviously regretted but at the end of it, he said he enjoyed that lifestyle and went out doing what he liked best, not having to take the wrath of the police/public or even the ones who he has helped destroy. Walt is the one who got of the most.

Many good points, but I'm not sure if the DEA are even aware that Jesse is involved. I suppose Marie could have told them. But apart from Skyler, Marie is the only person that knew of Jesse.
  • Options
    CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Huell? After being left alone in that crappy motel room and waiting for the return of Hank, is he still there?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5f24c5785e/huell-s-rules

:eek::eek:huell's rules....sorry, vince gilligan's huell's rules:D:D
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Haven't commented here about Breaking Bad (only caught up with the four seasons' last summer), but it is one of the few shows I spent time watching with the Mrs.

Watched the finale this morning before work and agree with the one word you've used to sum it up. Might I also add Cranston was brilliant.

Hello matey, didn't know you were a fan too :)

Absolutely brilliant ending - pure class! God I'm going to miss this show!
  • Options
    chizzerchizzer Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Simply the greatest thing that's ever been on my telebox.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a quick look, but I don't think anyone's posted this yet!
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

:D:D thats great .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

Love it :D

The finale was great! So happy Jesse survived. So Walt died leaving lots of money to his family just like he wanted. But I'm sure they'd rather he hadn't!
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typ33 wrote: »

Good post.

I am re-watching BB at the moment and just watched Season 2 Ep 12 where Jane dies, and that death is directly attributable to Walt's inaction. Walt manipulated Jesse and used and abused him. Jesse was weak yes, but essentially he was not evil, unlike WW.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great ending to a superb series, on a slightly different note.....

Gatorade me bitch. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrJWUVoXeM
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    How they managed to pull it off I'll never know. Probably the most hyped finale of all time (for me, anyway) and it actually delivered. Fantastic from start to finish. It'll be a long time before this show is bettered.

Usually I have to watch an episode twice to pick up all the meticulous mise en scene used. I think I'll be watching this one many more times!
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely fantastic finale gonna download the whole lot to watch again