World Cup Shop Window. Who's impressed you so far?

2»

Comments

• bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Joel Campbell - Costa Rica.
    Mueller - Germany.
    Neymar - Brazil.
    Sterling - England
    Sturridge - England.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirlo and Robben. How on earth do those two get better with age?!
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arjen Robben . Player of the tournament so far.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    My team of players I didn't know very well who have stood out so far.

GK. Ochoa (Mexico)
    RB. Aurier (Ivory Coast)
    CB. De Vrij (Netherlands)
    CB. Moreno (Mexico)
    LB. Rodriguez (Switzerland)
    DM. Besic (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
    CM. Jones (USA)
    CM. Valbuena (France)
    RW. Candreva (Italy)
    LW. Vargas (Chile)
    ST. Campbell (Costa Rica)
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurier is apparently a near cert to join Arsenal for around £8 million. Seems like a good buy. I was aware of Valbuena before but I had only really heard his name. He looks a really tidy passer with creative spark. I couldn't believe it when I saw that he was 29.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    My team of players I didn't know very well who have stood out so far.

GK. Ochoa (Mexico)
    RB. Aurier (Ivory Coast)
    CB. De Vrij (Netherlands)
    CB. Moreno (Mexico)
    LB. Rodriguez (Switzerland)
    DM. Besic (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
    CM. Jones (USA)
    CM. Valbuena (France)
    RW. Candreva (Italy)
    LW. Vargas (Chile)
    ST. Campbell (Costa Rica)

I loved the comment the Bosnian manager made about besic at a press conference before their last game

might not have this word for word but it was along the lines of ;

"70% of the world's surface is covered by water , the other 30% is covered by besic"
  • nevadanevada Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That little fella who scored a last gasp goal against Iran.
    He's rather good isn't he.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Aurier is apparently a near cert to join Arsenal for around £8 million. Seems like a good buy. I was aware of Valbuena before but I had only really heard his name. He looks a really tidy passer with creative spark. I couldn't believe it when I saw that he was 29.

Same here. I'd seen Valbuena's name in France squads and you know anyone who gets in their squad will be good but since he's in France I hadn't watched him play. He looks a typical French little attacking midfielder. I like him a lot.

Aurier looks an excellent RB. I think he's also in France right now? I'd love to see him in the Premier League and with Sagna off then Arsenal seems an ideal club for him. He looks good enough to step into a big club.
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    I loved the comment the Bosnian manager made about besic at a press conference before their last game

might not have this word for word but it was along the lines of ;

"70% of the world's surface is covered by water , the other 30% is covered by besic"

Yeah, he's a beast. He'll be playing for a big club within 3 months. He's at Ferencvaros right now (Hungary).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I'd seen Valbuena's name in France squads and you know anyone who gets in their squad will be good but since he's in France I hadn't watched him play. He looks a typical French little attacking midfielder. I like him a lot.

Aurier looks an excellent RB. I think he's also in France right now? I'd love to see him in the Premier League and with Sagna off then Arsenal seems an ideal club for him. He looks good enough to step into a big club.

Toulouse I think he plays for. One of the tabloids was claiming that he had already agreed personal terms with Arsenal and all that had to be sorted out was the fee. Wenger probably haggling over giving them an extra tenner....

Valbuena is at Marsellies and maybe he's a bit old now for a big move but he certainly seems he would fit in at a bigger Champions League level team.
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clint Demspey--- USA's best player, and the biggest reason they've done so well at this World Cup. Not only is he banging in goals, he's a true leader on the pitch. he was the most dangerous player on the pitch in their first two matches, and always looks a threat to score. More dangerous than Ronaldo in the Portugal game.

Actually wish England had someone like Dempsey. And he really should have been a much bigger star in the Premiereship. He did well for Fulham, but if he had gone to a bigger side when he was younger, he'd have been a huge star. Quality player.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Clint Demspey--- USA's best player, and the biggest reason they've done so well at this World Cup. Not only is he banging in goals, he's a true leader on the pitch. he was the most dangerous player on the pitch in their first two matches, and always looks a threat to score. More dangerous than Ronaldo in the Portugal game.

Actually wish England had someone like Dempsey. And he really should have been a much bigger star in the Premiereship. He did well for Fulham, but if he had gone to a bigger side when he was younger, he'd have been a huge star. Quality player.
    I still think Dempsey could do a job for a premier league team perhaps someone like Everton or Newcastle (I wish lol hope Pardew reads this) ;)
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Rodriguez has been outstanding for Colombia. Great talent.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »

I take it given he's at Monaco we won't get to see him at a proper club given they have no need to sell. Real shame, I'd love to see him on the top European stage.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    I take it given he's at Monaco we won't get to see him at a proper club given they have no need to sell. Real shame, I'd love to see him on the top European stage.
    We'll see him in the Champions League next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think they paid £30 million+ for him last summer so I doubt he'll move.

Jackson Martinez of Porto and Cuadrado of Fiorentina both look good for Colombia and are probably more realistic transfer targets for big sides too. I fancy them to beat Uruguay actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member

Depends which clubs come calling and how much they offer. The rumours of Falcao leaving for Real persist even though Monaco spent about £50m on him.
    Forum Member
    Ahmed Musa of Nigeria. This kid showed today that he knows how to score. Currently at CSKA Moscow but the sporting press says he's on his way to the Premier League this summer. Liverpool or Man City.
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Rodriguez
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And now he scores the goal of the tournament. What a player this lad is.
  • 10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop windows are bad for English football. English clubs need to harness English players. Otherwise its the same mediocre international players to choose from year in year out.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now he scores the goal of the tournament. What a player this lad is.

He's currently the leading contender for the Golden Boot now as well.
    Forum Member
    James Rodriguez
    I see that he's told the Spanish press that he'd like to play move to Spain and play for Real Madrid. I reckon that it will take Bale money to buy him. That could mean that Di Maria, who was expected to leave Madrid after Bale's arrival could be up for grabs this summer. I think Di Maria's fast wing play suits the English game, so Chelsea and the Manchester clubs and may be even a cash rich Suarez-less Liverpool should go after him.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113202-real-madrid-transfer-news-james-rodriguez-claims-to-prefer-los-blancos
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed watching Neymar but can't imagine the pressure he must be under in an otherwise very ordinary Brazil side.