Options

BBC Trailer

Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A small tempting trailer just before the one show tonight.

New series starts in August.

:)

Comments

• Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the trailer by chance. Good to hear that it will definitely be airing in August. Can't wait. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    From the fact that they've announced that this early I imagine they're going to have a nice, long marketting campaign, and not leave it all to the last couple of weeks like they did with TDOTD.

Looking forward to a trailer soon!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. It looks like the console is on fire there!! Maybe that's a hint... :)
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer too! :D Cannot wait. :) Very surprised that it's on in August and not September.

Found this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCLEfgIwUc

It's filming footage of Clara and the new Doctor from episode 1. Someone has obviously used either their phone or a digital video camera to take this.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I saw the trailer too! :D Cannot wait. :) Very surprised that it's on in August and not September.

Found this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCLEfgIwUc

It's filming footage of Clara and the new Doctor from episode 1. Someone has obviously used either their phone or a digital video camera to take this.
    I expect it will be the last Saturday in August. Previous series have launched at Easter, so it makes sense to use the August Bank Holiday weekend for this series.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect it will be the last Saturday in August. Previous series have launched at Easter, so it makes sense to use the August Bank Holiday weekend for this series.

What bank holiday do y'all have in August?

Here in the US, we don't have any holidays in August. In fact, it is the only month without a single holiday.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Even that delicious little teaser was enough to have me super excited. Who couldn't be?

Of course my excitement was quickly put into perspective by reading comments on Digital Spy.

Comments questioning Capaldis acting ability? Yes really. Dear lord we really are through the looking glass.

And yes. Its 2014. But lets all complain about the fact its airing in August. Because that really matters doesn't it. Its not like people can watch on demand. It not as if possibly the biggest genre show of the last decade didn't even air on a British terrestrial channel. Its not as if we shouldn't care because lets all hope its going to be amazing and a fantastic new era for the show. Nah. Lets pick some holes. Some people.

All of that be damned.

He. Is. Coming. Finally. And about time to.

Brilliant!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    What bank holiday do y'all have in August?

Here in the US, we don't have any holidays in August. In fact, it is the only month without a single holiday.

It's literally the August Bank Holiday. Proper noun. Also called the Summer Bank Holiday.

Maybe you could add yet another federal holiday in honour of your army?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    It's literally the August Bank Holiday. Proper noun. Also called the Summer Bank Holiday.

Maybe you could add yet another federal holiday in honour of your army?

Nah, our Federal Holidays are maxed out; they literally can't have any more by law.

For example, when they made Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday a federal holiday, they only did it by combining George Washington's Birthday and Abraham Lincoln's Birthday into a single Federal Holiday called President's Day.

But you just have Holidays called Bank Holidays where the banks are shut down? That seems weird to me. Does anybody else shut down on those days? Schools? Post Office? Other government entities? How many of these days do you have a year?

Sorry for my curiosity, but, while I have visited the UK, I have never lived there, so this is foreign stuff to me. :)
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays#england-and-wales & https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=t0uAU4jULYTYOYHMgNgM&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday&cd=2&ved=0CC8QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHxx1OJ7B_y2Z1cR3qcvZoa5AdWKg&sig2=8dPOq8PeqWoa4EnEa1SpoA
    As the second link says all banks close, a fair number of shops either close or restict their opening hours and schools tend to schedule their holidays around them.
    I also saw the trailer and am looking forward to how PC works out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays#england-and-wales & https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=t0uAU4jULYTYOYHMgNgM&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday&cd=2&ved=0CC8QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHxx1OJ7B_y2Z1cR3qcvZoa5AdWKg&sig2=8dPOq8PeqWoa4EnEa1SpoA
    As the second link says all banks close, a fair number of shops either close or restict their opening hours and schools tend to schedule their holidays around them.
    I also saw the trailer and am looking forward to how PC works out.

Thanks for all of the info. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fan made Series 8 Trailer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

Wow! :D I love it! I love It! I love it! :D:D:D Thank you so much for this! :) Oh, that has made my year seeing this! :) The link to the trailer is now saved in my favourites list, to view again if I wish.

I am now officially a big Twelfth Doctor fan, and he hasn't even been on properly yet. :)

As I said above, big, big thanks for this trailer. It looks so, so real, like it has been produced by the BBC.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Classy, kudos to whoever made it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That guy has made some really great videos, this was beautiful. It would be nice to have more similar moments in the show; just travelling to completely alien worlds, with quiet moments of wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That guy has made some really great videos,

I'd seen his Wholock and 50th Anniversary ones before but hadn't seen Stone before

Scared now :o:D
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That really is rather lovely.
  • Options
    ChapwithwingsChapwithwings Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was really rather brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just noticed your username, and the lyrics to the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band single Urban Spaceman would be right for you. You could say "I'm the Urban Bassman, baby. Yes I am!"

Ha! Ha! :D

Just something that came to mind, when I noticed your name. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hardly a trailer just showing Capaldi in the tardis.

Im not impressed!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting to think davey is going around doing something which I can't say because of the rules.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Starting to think davey is going around doing something which I can't say because of the rules.

W hat do U M ean? :confused:

No harm done, though.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Hardly a trailer just showing Capaldi in the tardis.

Im not impressed!

Teaser trailer. It means a short trailer to pique the interest. Not a trailer to show anything concrete.

Not that people should need really an explanation...
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

Yes, I know what you mean.