Options

How old is too old?

Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a question which i think opinions will probably differ quite a bit,but anyway...

How old do you think is too old,for a female to dress sexy.I'm talking mini skirts on weekends etc...

I mean,look at club 18-30,are they're saying you can't have fun over 30?

..and why do men always go for younger girls? From what i've seen so far,if your over 30 then they make out you should settle down and stop clubbing and fooling around.

So,what you say guys and girls?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a question which i think opinions will probably differ quite a bit,but anyway...

How old do you think is too old,for a female to dress sexy.I'm talking mini skirts on weekends etc...

..and why do men always go for younger girls? From what i've seen so far,if your over 30 then they make out you should settle down and stop clubbing and fooling around.

I think that if a lady wants to wear a mini skirt at 90 then she should do what she pleases.

I think its a differet story though when they have kids and the children are embarrased of their folks wearing very little clothes and the mums dressing younger than the teenager daughters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old is too old?

When you are dead.

:)
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to hold with the rules and regulations when it came to fashion and age but as I'm not getting any younger myself I don't anymore. JJ2005's Purple Hat poem and all that. :D
  • Options
    chocolatekisseschocolatekisses Posts: 11,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I turned 30 I got my hair cut short and went out and bought some 'sensible' clothes and generally toned down.

I lasted about 6 months but they were a miserable 6 months. I didn't feel like myself at all. I didn't recognise myself if I caught a glimpse in a mirror and I just looked and therefore felt all weird.

The best thing I did was to stuff the rules.

As for men - I wouldn't know why exactly, perhaps they assume women in their 30's want to settle down or perhaps they think having a young 'bird' on their arm is impressive. Men are a bit odd when it comes to stuff like that and I'd not try to analyse them too much ;)
  • Options
    Dame PeggyDame Peggy Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men tend to go for younger women cos they generally look better not because of the date on their birth certificates
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dame Peggy wrote:
    Men tend to go for younger women cos they generally look better not because of the date on their birth certificates

Speak for yourself Dame Peggy, I'm 42, look far better than I did when I was 22 and I've got a 31 year old, very handsome husband who agrees.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dame Peggy wrote:
    So at what age do we stop becoming 'better'?

Oh,and thanks for all the other replies it's reasurring to know that not everyone sticks to the 'rules' :)
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm 33 and look far better than when i was 23, mind u thats coz i had a beard and a mullet back then

university days eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dame PeggyDame Peggy Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as a rule of thumb, I guess a 22 year old is more appealing than a 52 year old, not in 100% of cases, maybe in the high 90s though. I'm not talking about different women here (ie that awful mcmanus girl from Pop Idol is no match for say Francesca Annis (sp)) - but the same person at 22 or 52 - unless the have been on a massive diet for 30 years or had dramatic cosmetic surgery
  • Options
    JJ2005JJ2005 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote:
    ...JJ2005's Purple Hat poem and all that. :D
    I think Jenny Joseph might be a bit upset if I claimed that poem as my own.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah im 28 but have put on hold the going out alot as i have 3 kids!! but once they are all old enough to look after themsleves then me and hubby get to do what ever the hell we want! so roll on early 40`s!! :p
  • Options
    SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men like to corrupt the innocent ;)
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    potatolegs wrote:
    I think that if a lady wants to wear a mini skirt at 90 then she should do what she pleases.
    *pukes violently* :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Men like to corrupt innocent ;)

I didn't do it :D ............. well I might of a bit ;)
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be maturing with age? :o
    I am 36 and i can honestly say with hand on heart that i have more women admiring me now than ever. :D
    It`s such a shame i`m a married man because i would be having a damn good time of it right now. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NRG wrote:

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote:
    Speak for yourself Dame Peggy, I'm 42, look far better than I did when I was 22 and I've got a 31 year old, very handsome husband who agrees.
    Thats because when you were 22, he would have been 11. I'm not supprised he thinks you look better now ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote:
    Thats because when you were 22, he would have been 11. I'm not supprised he thinks you look better now ;):)

You know what I mean. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NRG wrote:

No I really do, women at 90 years old wearing mini skirts is fine if they want to wear them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ2005 wrote:
    I think Jenny Joseph might be a bit upset if I claimed that poem as my own.:D

I know someone else wrote it but I like to think of it as yours. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member

Age has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of teenage and twenty something year old women who squeeze their bodies into clothes 2 sizes too small.

bob is still having fun over 30. He has a different sort of fun to the type of fun he had when he was 18 (good), but fun nevertheless.

Men always go for younger girls? I can think of three examples straight away where the wife is older than the husband. Plus another example where the girlfriend is older than the boyfriend. He's our friend and they've been together for over 4 years now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think there is anything wrong with an older woamn wanting to look sexy but, imo, dressing in mini skirts, cropped tops etc doesnt always equal sexy.
    You can look far sexier by wearing an LBD and leaving it all to the imagination.

It is easy to end up looking cheap and muttony the older you get.

Personally, I cant imagine why anyone would want to go clubbing in their 30s. There are so many great things you can do on an evening out.
    I had fun when I was in my teens/early 20s doing all the wild nights but I much prefer my calmer life now. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    What's an LBD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewWoman wrote:
    I dont think there is anything wrong with an older woamn wanting to look sexy but, imo, dressing in mini skirts, cropped tops etc isnt sexy.
    You can look far sexier by wearing an LBD and leaving it all to the imagination.

It is easy to end up looking cheap and muttony the older you get.

Personally, I cant imagine why anyone would want to go clubbing in their 30s.

Hi NewWoman

Hope you having a lovely day.

What is an LBD?

Thanks
    Potatolegs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little black dress. :)