Zoanette Johnson

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
This girl must win. Best audition of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QaxF0brB3U

Comments

• Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found her hilarious. She should do a duet with Norman gentle from a previous season!
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please god put her through to the lives !!
    I'm not hopeful. Its almost as if the judges are going out of there way to put through dull performers.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's through to the top 10 girls/live voting rounds! :D
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i must be missing something with this girl

she might have a big personality but her voice is terrible and i really cant understand what they see in her

that performance tonight was cringeworthy but she made it thru somehow :confused:

i almost thought louis walsh was on the panel for a moment
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a shouty mess!
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest to me it just feels like the Zoanette show ;(
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is such a star! Such a special person! Absolutely love her!

Her Circle Of Life performance was for me, one of the best on the shows history!
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i must be missing something with this girl

she might have a big personality but her voice is terrible and i really cant understand what they see in her

that performance tonight was cringeworthy but she made it thru somehow :confused:

i almost thought louis walsh was on the panel for a moment
    I wasn't actually in the room watching her but listening to her voice(in the next room) I thought oh my goodness she sounds awful and then when she had finished everyone including the judges were going barmy ...I didn't get it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    She's this years Heejun
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her Sudden Death song was just brilliant.

A definite Top 10 live performance ever for me from a Talent show.

Brilliant song choice, brilliant performance. Best voice? no, but if we just wanted the best voices, all those personality-less backing singers would be winning shows like this.

She seems to be the whole package (In terms of Idol, I don't think she'd do so well away from it)
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that she could get a lot of votes - assuming there is a group of voters who want to kill off the show!
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    I wasn't actually in the room watching her but listening to her voice(in the next room) I thought oh my goodness she sounds awful and then when she had finished everyone including the judges were going barmy ...I didn't get it.
    I know. She has plenty of 'belt' but absolutely no control. Her voice is not great. She is getting by on 'big personality' and big hair rather than talent. I wasn't surprised they put her though, though. That's the kind of thing the judges like in these shows.
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, eh, yeah, she is mostly a novelty to keep things more interesting. But she isn't horrible. She does have some talent and a lot of passion and she seems a nice person. The novelties they've ushered through are better than the kind of dimwits and assholes that other shows push...
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the only reason I shall continue to watch !
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, big personality maybe, but not the best voice.

I love the ones they are choosing - so much soul - but I know she's there just to liven things up and consequently feel rather sorry for her.

I also think she is totally barking and away with the fairies at the bottom of the garden ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Circle Of Life performance was for me, one of the best on the shows history!
    Easily, I don't even remember anyone doing it other than J.Hudson, and compared to this, even that was flat as dried-up salt lake. The end in this was absolutely awe-inspiring.

People seem forget that singing is mostly about connection and emotion, not only about perfect notes.

If she can fix some of her diction problems, I can see her leveling everybody.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Tonight she was diabolical.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    She's an absolute joke, a total embarrassment and.........

SHE CAN'T SING!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Really, really bad. I think that's it for her.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »

She tried to do a 'serious' performance and flopped. I still have a soft spot for her but I don't think America does!

Shame really - she was funny and seemed very sweet.
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She ~was fodder as ~was Charlie. Their performances this week were no more serious or off-key or strange, really, than any before... it's just that it was time to throw them under the bus.

And, though it cost some others a spot, I'm glad they got to do what they did. I guessed that kid Askew(sp?) was going to do "Mama" when Ryan said "Genesis". Best thing he ever did.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    It's like one of the Weather Girls has entered Idol. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGFAJsphd0

She's very entertaining, but more for being so OTT that she's amusing to watch and listen to rather than being vocally stunning or moving. Loads of crackle and gargle in her voice too. I don't see her having a recording career, but she could have success as a funny girl with a big voice in a movie musical or two. That's why singing the theme from The Lion King seemed so appropriate, not because she's from West Africa.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    It's like one of the Weather Girls has entered Idol. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGFAJsphd0

She's very entertaining, but more for being so OTT that she's amusing to watch and listen to rather than being vocally stunning or moving. Loads of crackle and gargle in her voice too. I don't see her having a recording career, but she could have success as a funny girl with a big voice in a movie musical or two. That's why singing the theme from The Lion King seemed so appropriate, not because she's from West Africa.

Yup, exactly right. One part of me feels sorry when someone bombs this badly, but the media part of me is more matter of fact. if you go on shows like AI and do badly you have to suck it up and hang on to your dignity if you can.