Last Movie You Watched? (Part 5)

Comments

• DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I have watched this film about 5 times..I dont know why but I love it..porbably says more about me than the film:o

pmsl yeah more about you :D the jist of it was enough to keep me going :D
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    A Kiss Before Dying (1956) 7/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) - 8.5/10 :)
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RAZORBACK wrote: »
    Over the last six days:

Jagged Edge - Superb

Ooh yes. What a great film.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frida
    Such an inspriational woman. Beautifully played by Salma Hayek
    7/10

Labor pains
    Lindsey lohan is awful in this but the film is rather ok
    5/10

West is west
    They should have never made a sequel as pretty much a third of the cast are not even in it and it was the ensemble of the family that made the first film so great. The second film centres on one character,
    3/10. It gets a 3 because it did make me laugh in small places.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The American, beautifully shot and quite understated. Not bad.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    House of Games

A female psychologist crosses paths with a gang of hustlers. Some of the dialogue is stilted, and the acting is often atrocious, but still worth a 7/10
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gentle Sex - 6/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All About Steve [2009]. Director: Phil Traill

4/10

Sandra Bullock's character is so annoying that when she falls down a collapsed mine you cheer.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    In Time - 8/10

Surprisingly good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the bridge-

quite a bleak documentary which was a little depressing. it dealt with the phenomenon of people committing suicide by jumping off the san francisco bridge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I had the great misfortune of watching 10,000bc

Awful film in general, wouldn't recommend it

3/10
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogtooth (2009)
    Did anyone else watch this on Film4 last night ? A seriously weird Greek film about a father and mother who keep their children isolated from the outside world.
    It was both bizarre and compelling at the same time. I had never heard of it before, but it was internationally well received by the critics..apparently.

8/10..Anything that captures the attention like this did must be worth that.
  • Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogtooth (2009)
    Did anyone else watch this on Film4 last night ? A seriously weird Greek film about a father and mother who keep their children isolated from the outside world.
    It was both bizarre and compelling at the same time. I had never heard of it before, but it was internationally well received by the critics..apparently.

8/10..Anything that captures the attention like this did must be worth that.

Great film. The women who played the eldest daughter was compelling.
    The crazy dance, the dumdbell scene, the barking,omg, she takes method acting to a all new level. And i won't even go there concerning the cat, the brother and the shears. Did she survive? Who knows.
    Definitely one to be seen. 9/10.
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched A Challenge For Robin Hood on FO4. 7/10
    Well done. One I haven't seen. True Hammer camp in parts, but generally entertaining.
    Barrie Ingham as Robin made a worthy effort.
    Maid Marian played by Gay Hamilton was truly lacking though.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Fight Club - 6/10
    It was alright but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Ice Cold in Alex (1957)..on channel 4 now..have seen this so many times but enjoy it every time..9/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Some Like It Hot (1959) 10/10

Perfection.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greystoke: The Legend Of Tarzan

Hmm. Not a bad film, just not terribly good either. All a bit 'meh'. Looks very dated now too. Ralph Richardson however was superb.

5/10
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Week With Marilyn-9/10

I thought this was really good actually and a really interesting experience. Marilyn Monroe is one of the people I find most interesting, she's such a massive star and probably the most iconic actress ever, yet she's still such an enigma and such little is known about the real 'Marilyn,' so therefore I found it really interesting to look at a little segment of her life, Michelle Williams gave a fantastic performance aswell, at one point I forgot I was watching her and thought I was watching Marilyn so kudos to her! I also found the whole behind the scenes part of the film very interesting, especially which such iconic stars as Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe, I'm interested in going into the film industry when I'm older so that was a part I really enjoyed, even though it was from a completely different era. Overall a great film and one of my favourites of the past year!
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    My Week With Marilyn-9/10

I thought this was really good actually and a really interesting experience. Marilyn Monroe is one of the people I find most interesting, she's such a massive star and probably the most iconic actress ever, yet she's still such an enigma and such little is known about the real 'Marilyn,' so therefore I found it really interesting to look at a little segment of her life, Michelle Williams gave a fantastic performance aswell, at one point I forgot I was watching her and thought I was watching Marilyn so kudos to her! I also found the whole behind the scenes part of the film very interesting, especially which such iconic stars as Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe, I'm interested in going into the film industry when I'm older so that was a part I really enjoyed, even though it was from a completely different era. Overall a great film and one of my favourites of the past year!

I pretty much agree. Lot of forum members liked the film. Did u catch the hitherto unrealised photos of her ?
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a light one but I just watched the first St Trinian's film. Not a patch on the originals but I still enjoyed it. Loved the Colin Firth nod to Mr Darcy.
This discussion has been closed.