Options

Hudl 1 or 2 or Galaxy

That usernameThat username Posts: 467
Forum Member
I am looking for a tablet and I note that Tesco are selling their original Hudl for just over £60 while the new one is £130 so is the extra money worth it?

Then there is the Galaxy Tab 3 for £99.

Any advice please

Comments

• Options
    That usernameThat username Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I am looking for a tablet and I note that Tesco are selling their original Hudl for just over £60 while the new one is £130 so is the extra money worth it?

Any advice please

Sorrry any thoughts on the HP 8 at £80 also
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tab 3 is a superior device.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used the Hudl 2 and for the price it is a good tablet. If you think it is worth the price depends on what you want it for. If I was going for a new tablet, I would think about the Hudl two to be honest.
    the bigger screen, now 8.3 makes a difference. Faster CPU, quad core, sadly it is a Intel, but you can't have everything. The Tab may be fine, I only ever used one and the rubbish that Samsung sticks on it seemed to slow it down.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member

Any advice please

Id be interested in this too.

Im after a tablet but am wery of the tesco one as no idea if its as good as other well known brands.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've both the Hudl and the Hudl 2, both are very good but the H2 is very, very good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is the Hudl 2 better than a galaxy tab?
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    I got the Hudl 1 when it first came out and use it almost entirely for iPlayer and BT Sport catch up and for that it works very well and I see no reason to change it for a Hudl 2 or anything else.
  • Options
    shakeitrightshakeitright Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    If you are looking at the galaxy tab 3 7" then look else where,I have three here sat gathering dust,slow to the point of being unusable.(apparently the 8" was a different spec so may be worth a look)

The hudl 2 uses an atom processor and is quad core so will zip along,i,m using a lenovo yoga with the same processor and am very pleased with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My TV shop has a few ASUS ones but not heard of it so guessing its a rubbish make.

Is it possible to get a 9 inch screen under 100?
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My TV shop has a few ASUS ones but not heard of it so guessing its a rubbish make.

Asus made the google nexus which got pretty good reviews.

9 inches for a ton? Oh yes, but rather you than me http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hipstreet-Screen-Tablet-Android-Sandwich/dp/B008NZMCXW

Note the reviews at the bottom- they range from fair to appaling!
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Asus made my Nexus 7 and it is a good tablet, if a little pricey, but it did have good specs for the time.

9inch under a ton? maybe, but I would not expect much from it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I dont want something too small otherwise may as well just use my android phone.

Is there a certain make you would recommend?
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I dont want something too small otherwise may as well just use my android phone.

Is there a certain make you would recommend?

Hudl 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really cant decide what to do. Half the people hay get a hudl2 from Tescos but being tescos it ll be their own brand so no idea if that means reliable as heard the battery is rubbish and others say get Galaxy Tab 3 but then people say dont bother because its sloooow after time and people moved onto something else.

Obviously the Galaxy tab isnt anything like the s3 mini so I really have no idea what to do. I dont want to keep buying tabs just pick one and ill stick to it forever. Hughes TV have a bunch of ASUS but I know nothing about them and 100 for a 7 inch tab seems a tad expensive but Hughes always has been pricey.

So really no idea what to do.