Options

TV Link Installation Hints & Tips

magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just ordered a TV Link so that my daughters can use the Sky+ upstairs in their room. I've never installed a coax link anywhere before (although I know how to connect the plugs and connectors etc.), and I'm wondering what the maximum length of cable I can get away with is?

I've bought a 25 meter extension set, which should be long enough, but to avoid drilling holes in walls, I may have to use most if not all of it. Would I need a booster for this length of cable? I'm not looking for a DVD quality picture or anything, but I don't want it to be overly snowy either, and I cannot afford to buy a decent wireless sender.

If anyone can give me any hints or tips on the installation to maximise the quality of the picture, or things to avoid etc. I would be very grateful for your help.

On a similar note, the cable running from our TV aerial to the living room is needing replaced, and I've put it off long enough. While I don't particularly fancy climing on the roof, I'm not going to have a choice if I want it fixed. This may seem like a silly question, but, is it possible for me to walk/crawl up the roof (using a ladder to get up their), I have a standard slanty tiled roof, and weigh about 18 stone. Can I just stand on it directly, or would I need to place a ladder when I get up there, and crawl along it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    dont stand on roof

as you will fall off !! and likely crack the tiles or slates

get an aerial guy in and replace cable with satellite quality foam filled cable

then get him to run the same cable from your sky box to daughters room