Options

Hollyoaks: Is John Paul gay? (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    What places were these, hun?

I just googled 'Hollyoaks - The end of McDean as JP returns to Hollyoaks' and various things came up.

I didn't read every single thing, but when I scanned them I saw mostly sadness that they'd ended McDean and, as I say, I just thought that post I found summed up the anger and sadness perfectly!

I wonder how many people who work for BK posted on those 'official' sites top make sure the positive outdid the negative.
    Wouldn't put it past them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mistri wrote: »
    So John Paul...
    • How are you doing?
    • You must be a superstar DJ now, right? How's that going to work once you're living in Hollyoaks? There's not much on offer in the local Job Centre unless you fancy working in the food industry or in an educational setting.
    • Feeling any guilt over not visiting your family? Yeah, they've been through quite a lot from what I can tell, but I suppose the travel from Dublin was just too expensive...
    • Do you still wear stripy hoodies?
    • Oh yes, there's the small question of Craig, too. You had a good few happy years there - so who messed it up, eh?
    • It must've been pretty bad for you to leave the love of your life, so how are you going to cope with being in the same town as his mum?
    • Maybe you want to meet someone new, to bury your head (ahem, not literally), and pretend everything's all right. But just be careful. Everyone playing for your team around Hollyoaks way is pretty damaged or could cry for England. You might be better off dating out of town. Or not at all? You could be celibate like Kieron, he was great at that.
    • Last but not least, you might be running away from Craig now, but you know he's still going to be the one you'll end up with. It's just a matter of time. You could just turn around now if you like...

(yes, I know he's not real!)

Brilliant! :D

Someone on one of the pages I looked at said he could DJ at the Loft. Bit of a comedown from the glitz and glammer of Dublin, but hey, desperate means and all that.

Someone suggested be become a teacher. And that - is it George, whoever he is? - would develop a crush on him and they'd probably have an affair.
    Course, JP has never trained as a teacher, but don't let that little matter stop them! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Brilliant! :D

Someone on one of the pages I looked at said he could DJ at the Loft. Bit of a comedown from the glitz and glammer of Dublin, but hey, desperate means and all that.

Someone suggested be become a teacher. And that - is it George, whoever he is? - would develop a crush on him and they'd probably have an affair.
    Course, JP has never trained as a teacher, but don't let that little matter stop them! lol

Nooooo. not JP/George.
    It'd be 'baby cakes' part 2. :cry:
    This: http://www.e4.com/hollyoaks/cast/boys/georgesmith.html is George by the way. I guess he and JP have matching ears but that's about it...:p

I personally have visions of 'Supersar DJ' JP working in Stug's deli. He isn't trained but qualifications don't mean a thing in Hollyoaks apparently.

At least if he became a teacher they probably wouldn't go down the student and teacher affair route. They're already doing that with the dreadful Jen and Tilly plot...
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who wants JP to have a disastrous relationship? (so go ahead Hollyoaks put him with George or Doug), just because I think that'd be easier to take than a big love story thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wants JP to have a disastrous relationship? (so go ahead Hollyoaks put him with George or Doug), just because I think that'd be easier to take than a big love story thing.

True.
    My biggest worry is if they paired him with Doug and the Doug fans started campaigning for a JPoug happy ending....:o
    They'll want him to be happy after Ste breaks his heart by going back to Brendan....:p.
    So I suppose, at least JP/George would probably not be 'shipped' to any extent...well I'd hope not anyway!
    And the more disastorous the relationship, the more likely they are to have him return by going back to Craig.

I just cringe at the thought of it though, for James and for John Paul.
    You've left Craig behind for George? Really JP?! :eek:
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.
    My biggest worry is if they paired him with Doug and the Doug fans started campaigning for a JPoug happy ending....:o
    They'll want him to be happy after Ste breaks his heart by going back to Brendan....:p.
    So I suppose, at least JP/George would probably not be 'shipped' to any extent...well I'd hope not anyway!
    And the more disastorous the relationship, the more likely they are to have him return by going back to Craig.

I just cringe at the thought of it though, for James and for John Paul.
    You've left Craig behind for George? Really JP?! :eek:

George?? Surely not! I know JP's taste in men could be a bit dodgy (apart from Craig of course!) but George... no!

I would imagine if he's getting his end away, Ste or Doug would be the candidates. Unless they bring someone in for him to fall happily in love with and all JP fans cheer and McDeaners cry. Maybe they'll bring Spike back, if Tom needs the work. Or JP may dig up Kieron and have some sort of Psycho (as in the film) relationship with him! Oh the endless choices that they have that should be all be binned and not thought about ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jende wrote: »
    George?? Surely not! I know JP's taste in men could be a bit dodgy (apart from Craig of course!) but George... no!

I would imagine if he's getting his end away, Ste or Doug would be the candidates. Unless they bring someone in for him to fall happily in love with and all JP fans cheer and McDeaners cry. Maybe they'll bring Spike back, if Tom needs the work. Or JP may dig up Kieron and have some sort of Psycho (as in the film) relationship with him! Oh the endless choices that they have that should be all be binned and not thought about ever!

Even BK said Spike was only a short lived plot device to make Craig jealous.

So, come to think of it ,with BK happily destroying the SE, he probably WILL bring back Spike to be the love of JP's life and JP will grovel to him begging forgiveness for ever dumping him for Craig - which of course is what he did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even BK said Spike was only a short lived plot device to make Craig jealous.

So, come to think of it ,with BK happily destroying the SE, he probably WILL bring back Spike to be the love of JP's life and JP will grovel to him begging forgiveness for ever dumping him for Craig - which of course is what he did.

We all knew Spike was a plot device, but some did like the pairing and cheered about it a lot, so much so they let him come back for a brief period to do not a lot! Not sure BK would have JP grovelling, most probably go for the gentle build up of friends to lovers and JP realising he should never have dummped him. Kind of makes me cringe just thinking about it!!

Though I think maybe any of JP's past life will be all forgotten. It'll be about JP now and I reckon that Craig, Spike, even the people he was mates with will all be a memory that never gets mentioned again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »

I do think many McDeaners will like this, after all, he only has one love and that's Craig. If he's all lovey dovey and does the same sort of thing he did with priesty, where he pretty much forgot about Craig, again don't think McD's would be happy.

This is likely to happen if he stays longs term though, because JPC is another life and not current HO life. Craig I would imagine will be forgotten very quickly so HO can just move JP on in a way they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jende wrote: »
    I do think many McDeaners will like this, after all, he only has one love and that's Craig. If he's all lovey dovey and does the same sort of thing he did with priesty, where he pretty much forgot about Craig, again don't think McD's would be happy.

This is likely to happen if he stays longs term though, because JPC is another life and not current HO life. Craig I would imagine will be forgotten very quickly so HO can just move JP on in a way they want.

Ohhh, I don't think he ever forgot Craig, even when he was with Priesty. :) His reaction when he thought Craig might be coming back for Steph's wedding showed that. :)
    It was very deliberate, I think. They knew James was going to leave at the end of the year, they knew Craig was going back, so they always played it like Craig was never far from JP's thoughts - and heart.

I wonder if they just repeat everything they did with JP when Craig left,when they had not a clue what to do with him. Have him sleep around and eventually give him the stupid storyline where he shags a priest. Who, of course, he only met because the priest moved into the overcrowded family house and lived there for 3 months. And if they can do that ridiculous scenario which would NEVER happen in a million years in real life, nothing they do with JP need ever make sense, where Craig is concerned!

But they had no idea what to do with the teenager JP in a teen soap, when Ceaig left. What they do with the adult JP in a teen soap .... well ... the mind boggles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh, I don't think he ever forgot Craig, even when he was with Priesty. :) His reaction when he thought Craig might be coming back for Steph's wedding showed that. :)
    It was very deliberate, I think. They knew James was going to leave at the end of the year, they knew Craig was going back, so they always played it like Craig was never far from JP's thoughts - and heart.

I wonder if they just repeat everything they did with JP when Craig left,when they had not a clue what to do with him. Have him sleep around and eventually give him the stupid storyline where he shags a priest. Who, of course, he only met because the priest moved into the overcrowded family house and lived there for 3 months. And if they can do that ridiculous scenario which would NEVER happen in a million years in real life, nothing they do with JP need ever make sense, where Craig is concerned!

But they had no idea what to do with the teenager JP in a teen soap, when Ceaig left. What they do with the adult JP in a teen soap .... well ... the mind boggles.

But they didn't play it like that at first as they didn't know James would be leaving and if Guy would come back. JP didn't really mention Craig at all, bar getting a text from Craig, one mention to priesty and talking to Hannah re priesty and Craig. That was it, no more mentions, no nothing Craig related. He even said to Craig in SE he was moving on.

But anyway, I realy do think that HO will want JP to forget about Craig, as there is nothing they can do with that story line that was 4 years ago. There is no real benefit mentioning Craig, unless JP comes back heart broken so he gets mentions because of that.

4 years is very long ago in soapland and yes there were quite a few McDeaners, but they made up a small part of the HO audience. I can't see them trying to placate the few that are left and still watch HO. I think it will be the same attitude as it was to priesty, Craig is not there, JP has to forget and move on regardless.
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow..never thought I'd see this back on page 1 or 2...then again never thought John Paul would return to Hollyoaks...
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Revenge right now... seeing Barry Sloane in it is so distracting, because I can't separate him from Niall.

That's an actor that definitely won't need to go back to HO!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    Watching Revenge right now... seeing Barry Sloane in it is so distracting, because I can't separate him from Niall.

That's an actor that definitely won't need to go back to HO!!

I don't watch Revenge but I was happy for Barry when I heard that he'd got a part in it.
    See, there is life after Hollyoaks JS, you just have to go find it. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh it's like returning home!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »

I wish JP wasn't! ;)
    But hello to you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again! Good to see familiar names popping up!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes ... but for a funeral! :(

(to some of us, anyway)
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Paul is no longer gay. He will obviously return straight and will be the father of Sineads baby. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    John Paul is no longer gay. He will obviously return straight and will be the father of Sineads baby. :p

James tweeted something similar (minus the Sinead baby part :p).

But no, this would never happen.
    Hollyoaks love the fact that John Paul is gay. If he wasn't then he wouldn't be able to seduce priests....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »

and any babies that popped up in HO when he was there back in the day, will be his. I can see it now, him returning with some girly on his arm, saying Craig tricked him into thinking he preferred plonkers!

Although I do think BK would have some sort of aneurysm if that did happen, actually I think anyone who liked McD or just JP, would too and rightly so!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I have to say that although I might not see JP and George as an obvious couple, our JP could do lots worse than George.

In fact, I do believe that people animosity towards George is a form of homophobia that feminine gay men suffer, and I can't stand it! Who are the reason why all the "straight acting" gays can now live their lives in the open with relative freedom??? It's the queens of the past, who could never hide behind their masculinity. Instead of showing these guys the respect they deserve for never backing down on who they are, they just continue to be bullied and ridiculed.

George is a sweet and lovely person, who deserves all the best in the world, and I for one, would be proud to see John Paul with him (if, of course, he has to be apart from our Craig).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reynsi wrote: »
    I have to say that although I might not see JP and George as an obvious couple, our JP could do lots worse than George.

In fact, I do believe that people animosity towards George is a form of homophobia that feminine gay men suffer, and I can't stand it! Who are the reason why all the "straight acting" gays can now live their lives in the open with relative freedom??? It's the queens of the past, who could never hide behind their masculinity. Instead of showing these guys the respect they deserve for never backing down on who they are, they just continue to be bullied and ridiculed.

George is a sweet and lovely person, who deserves all the best in the world, and I for one, would be proud to see John Paul with him (if, of course, he has to be apart from our Craig).

I just find him a bit pointless as a character that's all.
    He never seems to do much and hangs around with that god awful teen group. Maddie, Sinead and co bring anyone down simply by association. The thought of JP moving in circles like that depresses me, especially when you consider the brilliant friends he used to have (Craig, Hannah :( etc).
    Oh and just the fact that he is camp makes him mismatched in regards to John Paul but then they did commit the worst mismatch in soap history with JP/Priest so who knows?

The sad fact is though, none of us want him paired with anyone who isn't Craig so it won't make much difference at this stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John Paul and George.

Is there a Ringo in HO as well to make a threesome?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    John Paul and George.

Is there a Ringo in HO as well to make a threesome?

LOL - but you never know when a Yoko will pop up!