I love someone from another time and city?

Comments

• yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I'm going up The Royal Mile tomorrow and will have time to spare. If I do \I'll look out for the tea room. Might even have a coffee there

Aha, now I understand, this thread has just been a clever marketing ploy :o
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    joiji wrote: »
    this whole thread rhymes with "rollocks". You are claim you are 17 yet you joined in 2009 and July 2011 you started a thread asking for advice regarding to London as you were about to start a job with Sony music at £70,000 per year. Now I'm not Carol Vorderman but 2.5 yrs ago that would make you 14.5yrs of age. Something does not quite add up Walty Mitty

Yes I joined Digital Spy when I was 13 years of age. The Sony thing was an example I was making a situation where I could ask about London. It was quite clear in the thread that I was using that as an example. Although this is not a situation thread and this really did happen.
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    I think the OP is the age he said he is, as he has posted in the past about wanting to start up a petrol station, a funfair and other grand ideas (a bus company I think?)

I would like to see some evidence since as far as I recall I have never had any interest in opening a Petrol Station since I am not at all interest in cars or fuel. As for the rest I knew they were crazy idea's those were "what if" threads and I did them years ago when I was younger at the time I knew they would never happen. As for an update I am now at College and I am on the path of becoming an Accountant.
    Forum Member
    Which one is the true version?

I suppose the bottom version, the top version is an educated guess. She could be the person with the guy and the kid or that could be someone else. There is alot of pictures.
    Forum Member
    OP

Is this the place ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forsyths-Tea-Room/189574281059103

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiztjyi_e8

I am going there to the RM for New year and I will gladly call in and put a good word in for you

I have no doubt we will all have a good chuckle and you and your raging hormones

Yes, this is the correct place although don't say I was from Aberdeen because then they would know me exactly and it would make it awkward for possible future visits. The person in the photo's might not be my age though might be a few years younger but remember to ask who the brown haired girl is. She features in a few photo's I think one when she is with 2 other blond girls and another when she is young but with 2 boys. Leading to my confusion.

It would be really appreciated if you could visit the place. Remember when you go there the pictures are on the wall next to the window at the first table on the left. Also the tea room/cafe is not directly on the Royal Mile it is down a close there is a sign at the close though one saying the tea room and another Jury's Inn.
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I didn't spot any pictures of alluring females in that video. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded a Scotch pie or a piece of millionaire's shortbread.

Yeah it is not in the video well it is but you cannot see it. It is across from the counter next to the entrance but it is at the first table next to the window.

It is a nice family place there is only one lady with the purple hair who works there. The hot chocolate is really good.
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i always thought OP was in his 30's :blush:

Didn't you notice from the fact that as the years have gone on my spelling and grammar has improved.

In the early days I did not reveal my age due to the fact that it would be awkward if I revealed that I was only 14. All I use to say was that I was young.
    Forum Member
    I really need to go down again sometime so I can refresh the image I have in my head.
  • Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I am Seventeen.

That probably explains it. You're young, male and this will probably happen a lot. Just avoid the place and you'll be fine once you've had your next 'wow' moment. Try to avoid those when you're in a relationship as you'll discover women have sharp elbows, tongues and will get revenge when you least expect it. It's a normal bloke thing though and only a problem if you obsess over it.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe you can love someone you have never met. I don't believe in love at first sight. Love comes with getting to know a person, the good the bad and the ugly (so to speak)! Find yourself a woman who is available and who you can get to know :)

i fell in love with my husband at first sight in fact i went home after my first date i said to my friend i've met the man i'm going to marry and we did he ask me to marry him a week and a half later that was 20 years ago and im still happily married, he went home and said to his mum and dad.." mum i think i've fallen in love with someone" . .
    Forum Member
    That probably explains it. You're young, male and this will probably happen a lot. Just avoid the place and you'll be fine once you've had your next 'wow' moment. Try to avoid those when you're in a relationship as you'll discover women have sharp elbows, tongues and will get revenge when you least expect it. It's a normal bloke thing though and only a problem if you obsess over it.

I am nearly 19 now.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really need to go down again sometime so I can refresh the image I have in my head.
    Oh dear. You felt he need to bump the thread 12 months on?

Hmmm,..
  • CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i fell in love with my husband at first sight in fact i went home after my first date i said to my friend i've met the man i'm going to marry and we did he ask me to marry him a week and a half later that was 20 years ago and im still happily married, he went home and said to his mum and dad.." mum i think i've fallen in love with someone" . .

Oh god, and I bet you call him Mr. Squiffy or some cutsie nickname. Where's the sickbag...
  • Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am nearly 19 now.

You're still young, and having noticed how long you've been obsessing over this, still need to grow up.
    Forum Member
    You're still young, and having noticed how long you've been obsessing over this, still need to grow up.

I was never obsessing over it, it's the people on this thread who were obsessing over it. It was all just assumption when in real life it was over the day I left Edinburgh. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never obsessing over it, it's the people on this thread who were obsessing over it. It was all just assumption when in real life it was over the day I left Edinburgh. :)

Post 109 may contradict that statement.
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Post 109 may contradict that statement.

It was just a fancy way of saying bump...:p
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am nearly 19 now.
    That's sweet.
    It's like a kid saying "I'm six and a half."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So attention seeking then.
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    The museum of childhood that someone upthread mentioned as being nearby is a fascinating place. If I'm ever in Edinburgh again it'll be high up my list of places to (re)visit.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To what end? What advice are you after now? :confused:
    Forum Member
    The museum of childhood that someone upthread mentioned as being nearby is a fascinating place. If I'm ever in Edinburgh again it'll be high up my list of places to (re)visit.

I agree it's a truly brilliant place and free to enter. Probably the best attraction in Edinburgh except maybe the Zoo and Dungeon. I was on the open top bus years ago and the headphone guide said that the founder of the museum hated children.
  • bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    you don't love her you don't know her. Get a real life

The last sentence in suffice.
  • ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7XHOotTX0

I love the theme tune from 'Somewhere in time'.
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to do all you can to track her down, she is your one true love and deep down you know that.