Digital radio - No Service

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
I have an LG hifi system, nothing special but it's alright :) bought it a couple of years ago and it has fm radio and digital stations. The past few times I've tried to listen to the radio though it's just been coming up with NO SERVICE on digital stations and the analogue ones are just white noise?

It's always been fine getting connection in my room before so I've no idea why it's not working.

Anyone got any clue what might be the problem? Can't find much help on google :)

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be an aerial problem if the analogue stations don't work either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah thought that not sure though i mean an Ariel is just a piece of metal essentially isn't it?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starfoxxx wrote: »
    yeah thought that not sure though i mean an Ariel is just a piece of metal essentially isn't it?

No, Ariel is a cardboard box full of soap powder. :D

Have you checked the aerial connection? What type of aerial does it use anyway? A lot of these systems just have a bit of wire hanging out the back.

If it does have a socket on the back is it connected to a proper FM and DAB aerial? If you've plugged it into a TV aerial then it's not that surprising it doesn't work. In that instance it is probably getting more reception off the cable!

But chances are it's something simple like the aerial plug has pulled out of the socket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha :p it's just a metal stick thing that sticks up? :p came with it though and worked fine before i've checked and it all seems to be connected just the same as it's ever been.

oh well can always listen online just a bit confused what went wrong haha :)
  • ShallShall Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Do you have a Wireless router close to it?

I ask as I had a Pure Siesta DAB Clock Radio in the Bedroom which always struggled to get a signal. I assumed we had a weak DAB signal. However, once I moved the router out of the bedroom and down stairs to connect it to the Main socket in an attempt to get a quicker connection, all of a sudden the DAB radio works with no issues!

So I assume the router killed the DAB signal.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that transmits interference is likely to cause a problem. That includes a laptop computer with WiFi, an energy-saving lamp, a TV set and many other pieces of equipment.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starfoxxx wrote: »
    haha :p it's just a metal stick thing that sticks up? :p came with it though and worked fine before i've checked and it all seems to be connected just the same as it's ever been.

oh well can always listen online just a bit confused what went wrong haha :)

Might help if you identify the beast in question. Bit difficult to suggest possible causes and solutions if we have no idea what we are dealing with. :)
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too am sick of the dire signal we get for DAB radio. Have to move the stupid wire around if I change stations and move the radio itself if I want to listen to LBC. As this is a clock radio it is a pain in the a***.

Sometimes I think we are going backwards with technology. We live in the south of England so maybe we pick up interference from France from time to time.

Does anyone know why they supply these radios with the daft wire instead of a good old telescopic aerial?