Options

Why are there so many Polish sex attackers/rapists in Scotland?.

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked it up and saw that there is not a disproportionate amount of Poles committing sex attacks in Scotland. Case dismissed!

Link please.:p
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »

I have given you the two links to be found in a previous post , can you please provide the link to the disproportionate amount of Poles raping in Scotland that you say is happening it would be a great help in your debate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wonder if the OP has beem dumped by hos significant other in favour of a Polish chap.

He He!.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm away to my bed.Thanks for the laughs.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sure the Polish community of Scotland are so pleased to have provided you with the entertainment for tonight
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

Why should I be bothered to provide you with the link? I mean, who do you think you are? I'm not doing your work for you, it's easy enough to find, it's not hard. I mean....Jeez! ;-)
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lived in Scotland all my life (bar one year) and have never heard of any rapes or sex attacks carried out by a Polish person.

Maid a quick Google will give you a lot of information about rapes ect committed by foreign nations here in Scotland.

Robert Buczek attacked and murdered an 85 yr old in Morningside this year.

Krzysztof Druzgala attacked and brutally raped a 20 yr old in Leith in August this year.

Thomas Kryczk and Michal Marchlewski brutally attacked and raped a 20 yr old woman in Dalry in 2009, Thomas Krcyzk died in jail thankfully.

Kamil Potuzynski raped two woman while they slept at home in 2013 again here in Edinburgh.

As I said a quick Google and you will see it's far from rare, are you really so unaware of Scottish news that you did not hear about the murder in Morningside or the rape in leith this year?

Police Scotland's own figures now indicate that one in ten crimes is committed by a foreign national, and that 9% of all crimes recorded in Scotland can be accredited to foreign nationals and said percentage has double in the last five years from around 4%.

I pretty certain though it's not a problem unique to the UK, Germany, France ect are having issues with an increase in crime brought about by allowing unchecked foreign nationals into their nations.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    I've never encountered a Spanish bull fighter in the 40 years I've lived in Kent.

Exactly. So rare you're likely never to encounter one or start a thread about them.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    His nationality is relevant to the case.Or would you prefer 'EU citizen'?.
    The media only partly covered it up.See,they don't know which way to turn.
    If you're not sure,just ask.It's no problem.

"His nationality is relevant to the case"

Oh really?!?!? Did the court think so? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

So it was just a troll thread? Have the schools broken up for Christmas already?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maid a quick Google will give you a lot of information about rapes ect committed by foreign nations here in Scotland.

Robert Buczek attacked and murdered an 85 yr old in Morningside this year.

Krzysztof Druzgala attacked and brutally raped a 20 yr old in Leith in August this year.

Thomas Kryczk and Michal Marchlewski brutally attacked and raped a 20 yr old woman in Dalry in 2009, Thomas Krcyzk died in jail thankfully.

Kamil Potuzynski raped two woman while they slept at home in 2013 again here in Edinburgh.

As I said a quick Google and you will see it's far from rare, are you really so unaware of Scottish news that you did not hear about the murder in Morningside or the rape in leith this year?

Police Scotland's own figures now indicate that one in ten crimes is committed by a foreign national, and that 9% of all crimes recorded in Scotland can be accredited to foreign nationals and said percentage has double in the last five years from around 4%.

I pretty certain though it's not a problem unique to the UK, Germany, France ect are having issues with an increase in crime brought about by allowing unchecked foreign nationals into their nations.
    The only figures I can find after quite a bit of googling are for custodial sentences and community service orders in Scotland (provided by the Scottish Government), of which ethnic minorities make up 3% and 5% respectively, which is slightly disproportionately low (ethnic minorities make up 7% of the population). Source.

I'm not saying you've just made your figures up, but you have to wonder why you didn't just provide the source so that they can be looked at and discussed.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know about Scotland, but it seems that everytime there is crime mentioned on our local radio or in our local newspaper the name mentioned is normally foreign, mainly Eastern european, but not always.

Considering that they are suppose to be a minority there are far too many of them committing crimes and sometimes getting away with it.

There is a Eastern european shop in town, that have been done twice for illegal cigarettes and now our stupid council have given them a booze licence. the police are not happy at all about it.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because the newspapers and news on tv loves to say bad stuff about Polish people so they make a bigger deal out of it when a Pole does something than when someone else does.
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    It's because you have to be a bit loopy to up sticks and move to a different country.

If your neighbour told you they were moving to a rough estate in Hungary you'd think they were insane.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    I do not know about Scotland, but it seems that everytime there is crime mentioned on our local radio or in our local newspaper the name mentioned is normally foreign, mainly Eastern european, but not always.

Considering that they are suppose to be a minority there are far too many of them committing crimes and sometimes getting away with it.

There is a Eastern european shop in town, that have been done twice for illegal cigarettes and now our stupid council have given them a booze licence. the police are not happy at all about it.

Do you think that you hear about EVERY crime and the name of who committed it? Of course you don't. What you hear about is what the local news editor decides to tell you. For some reason it is more "newsworthy" to report crimes where the guilty have one of those dreadful foreign names.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only figures I can find after quite a bit of googling are for custodial sentences and community service orders in Scotland (provided by the Scottish Government), of which ethnic minorities make up 3% and 5% respectively, which is slightly disproportionately low (ethnic minorities make up 7% of the population). Source.

I'm not saying you've just made your figures up, but you have to wonder why you didn't just provide the source so that they can be looked at and discussed.

The post you quoted was talking about foreign nationals, you refer to ethnic minorities... They are not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Although I agree with you that a link to the figures from the poster you quoted would be useful.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't owe you anything.Who do you think you are?.If I start an OP on here,it's because it's true.If you want facts look for yourself,It's not that hard.Or do you prefer to try and waste your time trying to wind people up?.

Me too OP. I'm going to start a thread stating that all people called U96 are absolutely barking.

EDITED. I muffed up.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I've not noticed this myself. If I was that interested then I'd like to see the figures. (I'm not that interested).

If I wanted to convince others of this opinion then I'd provide some sort of links and evidence.

I do think that people convicted of serious crimes can currently move countries and move off the radar a little bit too easily currently. I'd like to see them restricted to staying in the country they serve their prison service in afterwards but that might be a legal minefield. From a crime prevention point of view though it makes sense.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    I don't owe you anything.Who do you think you are?.If I start an OP on here,it's because it's true.If you want facts look for yourself,It's not that hard.Or do you prefer to try and waste your time trying to wind people up?.

You are being nonsensical, not truthful. If you want people to believe anything you've come out with you need to give at least one link to where your info has come from. Otherwise people will think you're just rambling and an idiot. Oh hang on!
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the mass generalization of a whole nation of people aPoleing.

Some people need to Czech their facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    The post you quoted was talking about foreign nationals, you refer to ethnic minorities... They are not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Although I agree with you that a link to the figures from the poster you quoted would be useful.

I didn't claim they were the same thing, but they were the only related figures I could find which might suggest a trend one way or the other in the absence of that FM providing a source. If other ethnicities don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime then it doesn't seem likely (though of course I'm not saying it is impossible) that white non-British groups do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't claim they were the same thing, but they were the only related figures I could find which might suggest a trend one way or the other in the absence of that FM providing a source. If other ethnicities don't commit a disproportionate amount of crime then it doesn't seem likely (though of course I'm not saying it is impossible) that white non-British groups do.

Since the majority of Polish people would come under "white" in the prison statistics table in your link, I fail to see how statistics for ethnic minorities are relevant.

BIB - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that in the way it sounds. And therefore I won't launch into a rant about it.
  • Options
    Proposition JoeProposition Joe Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    OP's had a Weston Super in this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Since the majority of Polish people would come under "white" in the prison statistics table in your link, I fail to see how statistics for ethnic minorities are relevant.
    What those statistics suggest is that ethnicities commit a proportionate amount of crime.. With that being the case for ethnic groups I'd expect it to be pretty much the same for the group "foreign nationals" as I don't see anything particular to that grouping that would ramp up the crime stats. I could be wrong, I'm just using those stats as a basis.
    BIB - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that in the way it sounds. And therefore I won't launch into a rant about it.

How does it sound? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What those statistics suggest is that ethnicities commit a proportionate amount of crime.. With that being the case for ethnic groups I'd expect it to be pretty much the same for the group "foreign nationals" as I don't see anything particular to that grouping that would ramp up the crime stats. I could be wrong, I'm just using those stats as a basis.

How does it sound? :confused:

You say it's proportionate, however your link says:
    Prison statistics for Scotland suggest the proportion of people from ethnic minority groups in prison is somewhat higher than the proportion in the overall population (almost 3.9% for 2011-12 compared to an estimated 3.2% from the 2009-10 Scottish Household Survey).

I'm just saying that the prison/crime statistics for ethnic minorities are in no way related to (or indicative of) the statistics for foreign nationals.

If you look at the very comprehensive 'Race and the Criminal Justice System' statistics for England and Wales you'll see that there is a vast difference between the 2 groups.

Foreign nationals make up 12.62% of the prison population, white foreign nationals make up 4.56% and ethnic minorities make up 28.13%, so the figures for one group are in no way an indication for the figures of a completely different group.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistics-on-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2012

It sounded like you were having a dig at ethnic minorities regarding crime figures, as I said you probably didn't mean it how it sounded.