2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan_Kerr1 wrote: »
    They are taking the piss now

No they are not. There is still more than 7 weeks until the first fixture.

This thread is a never ending comparison to a child waiting for Christmas.
  • Ryan_Kerr1Ryan_Kerr1 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    No they are not. There is still more than 7 weeks until the first fixture.

This thread is a never ending comparison to a child waiting for Christmas.

Alright for you to say, you don't have flights to booked to go watch your team, that's if you even do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 short bus ride away and I can leave the house at about 1:15pm get up to the stadium buy a ticket on the day, get a programme, have something pre match to eat if I want and get in on time still for the kickoff. I just so happen to support my local team. I also go to the away matches and I do book train tickets to go to the away matches (don't know how often I have said this on the thread, but I really do.)

Booking flights? Where do you live? Which team do you support? And why not support a local team?
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,061
    Forum Member
    Not quite sure i agree with last post. Quite a lot of people support their local team but move away. Often i visit friends/family and whilst seven weeks isnt the end of the world, a game which moves to a mon means missing the match/ taking two work days holiday (if you work mon to fri)

I can understand waiting till after cup draws to confirm dates and time but think it would be fair for clubs to be alerted if their game isnt going to be moved, so people can plan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone has the right to support any team they want of course, but if the issue is that he is getting so worked up about booking flights he does not have to go to the matches. (We went through all of this with the same poster before the first fixtures were announced, everyone told him to calm down, he even phoned up the Premier League, several posters thought that it was quite sad that he did so, but I'll make no comment on that.)

I will say however that I agreed with the general thought that it really is not worth getting worked up about.

He will have the choice to go to any matches he wants once the fixtures are confirmed. Before its stated that the price of flights (or trains if you are already on the mainland) go up, yes I know that. And yes I know about booking time off work as well.

As you said loyalsince 7 weeks is not the end of the world, far from it. The Premier League are not taking the piss to use Ryan_Kerr1's own words.

Quite why the need to question whether I go to matches simply because I do not rant on the Digital Spy forums about the TV fixtures is beyond me. I think a lot of people that do go to away matches actually agree with this point of view.
    Forum Member
    1 short bus ride away and I can leave the house at about 1:15pm get up to the stadium buy a ticket on the day, get a programme, have something pre match to eat if I want and get in on time still for the kickoff. I just so happen to support my local team. I also go to the away matches and I do book train tickets to go to the away matches (don't know how often I have said this on the thread, but I really do.)

Booking flights? Where do you live? Which team do you support? And why not support a local team?

Live in Northern Ireland. Support Arsenal and I do support my local team. Anytime I'm not there I am at some ground in UK or Europe supporting Arsenal. Also follow Northern Ireland home and away. That ok with you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must ask why do you support Arsenal?
  • TLG86TLG86 Posts: 11,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This becomes more of an issue later in the season. I won't go into it all again, but the decision to move the Hull v Arsenal game with 8 days notice was disgraceful in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLG86 wrote: »
    This becomes more of an issue later in the season. I won't go into it all again, but the decision to move the Hull v Arsenal game with 8 days notice was disgraceful in my opinion.

But you have just mentioned it. And if any Arsenal fans lost money on non refundable train tickets when they knew that the match COULD be moved, than it was their own fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you have just mentioned it. And if any Arsenal fans lost money on non refundable train tickets when they knew that the match COULD be moved, than it was their own fault.

I drive to away games outside London. It's not about train tickets - though I appreciate that is irritating for other fans who do go by train - it's the fact that they moved a game that didn't have to be moved.
    Forum Member
    I must ask why do you support Arsenal?

Didn't know I had to have a reason to support a team
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No point in wasting your time arguing with David as it's obvious that Sky/BT and the Premier League can do no wrong in his book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't think that with over 7 weeks left that it is particularly taking the piss though. Ryan_Kerr1 of course you don't need a reason to support a team (although I also don't know why you needed to be so evasive when answering the question.)

Hull v Arsenal did need to be moved as it depended on Chelsea's fixture in the champions league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hull v Arsenal did need to be moved as it depended on Chelsea's fixture in the champions league.

That comment shows that you care more about the TV companies that the fans who actually go to the games.

Chelsea's game had to move, Hull v Arsenal didn't.
  • stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That comment shows that you care more about the TV companies that the fans who actually go to the games.

This is a broadcasting forum, not the Football Supporters' Federation.
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where does this stop though? People fly in from Scandinavia for games, should they be taken into consideration?

IMO, keep train times in mind but fans flying in from outside the mainland, then it's tough sh*t. I'd much rather there be spare tickets for local fans anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chelsea's game had to move, Hull v Arsenal didn't.

It does not prove anything of the sort of course.

Hull v Arsenal was selected to be on TV, as was Chelsea v Sunderland and all fans were made aware that the ties may be moved depending on what happened with the champions league for Chelsea.

If Chelsea v Sunderland had to be moved to Saturday at 5:30pm then yes Hull v Arsenal scheduled for Saturday at 5:30pm did have to be moved to avoid a clash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Where does this stop though? People fly in from Scandinavia for games, should they be taken into consideration?

IMO, keep train times in mind but fans flying in from outside the mainland, then it's tough sh*t. I'd much rather there be spare tickets for local fans anyway.

Completely agree. It can't be reasonable to expect a domestic TV company to take into account every single supporter flying in from anywhere in the world to matches to glory hunt the top teams.
    Forum Member
    Completely agree. It can't be reasonable to expect a domestic TV company to take into account every single supporter flying in from anywhere in the world to matches to glory hunt the top teams.

1 FA Cup in 10 years aye that some glory hunting there you ballbag
    Forum Member
    bwfcol wrote: »

Incase you are unaware NI is in the UK, know plenty of people that go home and away every week to watch teams in England and Scotland. You'd get some people that live round the corner from Old Trafford, Emirates, Anfield and Ibrox that couldn't be bothered getting of their arse
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan_Kerr1 wrote: »
    1 FA Cup in 10 years aye that some glory hunting there you ballbag

I'll give you some credit its not as bad as the Manchester United glory hunters who claimed they stuck with the club in 1995. (Quite genuine from some of the glory hunting Manchester United supporters, whilst the rest of us, (and the United supporters that supported the club from 1968-1993 were thinking shut up.))

I'm sure you could support a team from Belfast and you wouldn't need to worry about flights. As it is you still have more than 7 weeks before the first set of fixtures take place.
    Forum Member
    I'll give you some credit its not as bad as the Manchester United glory hunters who claimed they stuck with the club in 1995. (Quite genuine from some of the glory hunting Manchester United supporters, whilst the rest of us, (and the United supporters that supported the club from 1968-1993 were thinking shut up.))

I'm sure you could support a team from Belfast and you wouldn't need to worry about flights. As it is you still have more than 7 weeks before the first set of fixtures take place.

I do support a team in NI as well, it is possible to support both
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does not prove anything of the sort of course.

Hull v Arsenal was selected to be on TV, as was Chelsea v Sunderland and all fans were made aware that the ties may be moved depending on what happened with the champions league for Chelsea.

If Chelsea v Sunderland had to be moved to Saturday at 5:30pm then yes Hull v Arsenal scheduled for Saturday at 5:30pm did have to be moved to avoid a clash.

Okay, so do you consider it to be an acceptable state of affairs that TV can change a fixture at eight days notice?

And don't forget it's not just supporters that get messed about. There are stewards and other staff who have lives away from football.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was well known that the game could be changed. It was not anything within Sky's control.

It was not as if the game was ever confirmed and then changed.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the same problem myself Ryan.
    Always seem to be waiting on live tv fixtures so i can book flight.
    Fly over to Arsenal home games about six times per season.
    Unfortunatelly after xmas its hard to get cheaper flights cause bt& sky give approx only six wks notice on what games are on.