Mr Muscle oven cleaner?

Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
Forum Member
Doing the Sunday roast today, I see our main oven could do with a clean, same with the top oven.

Any of you use mr muscle oven cleaner, and is it any good, as its £3.48 at my local asda where I do the main shop?

Comments

• Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to use Oven Pride about once a year for a proper clean which really works well and then use Mr Muscle as a sort of top up for the rest of the year. I have tried other shop bought brands but these two work best for me.
  • Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Right, thank you. I'll have a look for oven pride next Saturday. :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Cynic wrote: »
    Doing the Sunday roast today, I see our main oven could do with a clean, same with the top oven.

Any of you use mr muscle oven cleaner, and is it any good, as its £3.48 at my local asda where I do the main shop?

Yes it is very good, but make sure you vent the kitchen very well while you are using it.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found that Lidls W5 products are actually better! (And cheaper).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel this product is prejudicial toward men. sexual discrimination!:D
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to use Oven Pride about once a year for a proper clean which really works well and then use Mr Muscle as a sort of top up for the rest of the year. I have tried other shop bought brands but these two work best for me.

I tried that but I got mixed up and bought Mother's Pride instead. Can't say it worked that well but I was eating lovely toast for a week.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's a weed too.

Double discrimination.:eek:
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member

I've just put my shelves into soak in "oven pride".

I think it is brilliant and certainly makes cleaning the racks a lot easier!

Must be the time of year for dirty ovens :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I get Mr Muscle in to do mine ,bum bum lol
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Mr Muscle loves the jobs you hate.
  • verbotenverboten Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Don't bother buying any cleaner!! Firstly those branded cleaners stink to high heaven and made me reach for my inhaler when i once tried the Mr Muscle! Since then I followed this tip:
    get the shelves and either place them in a large tin/bowl or the bath tub, then cover with hot water to which you add some biological washing powder. leave for a good soak and then wipe it clean and rinse. Works a treat!
    For the oven cavity, sprinkle in bicarb of soda, spray with some white vinegar and leave for a little while. Go back and clean it away with a damp cloth. Job done for pennies and no harsh chemicals!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I attempted to clean my oven recently. I got bored cleaning the racks and then I got in a bit of a temper and threw them in the dustbin and ordered a couple of new ones from ebay.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pound shops here in Hull have just started selling oven cleaner, the one with the plastic bag to place the racks in and it worked a treat on my oven/racks :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave my rack a good cleaning the other day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a different world!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I gave my rack a good cleaning the other day

Now if only you were Holly Willoughby, then I'd have offered to help!
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    one of my girls uses something you put your oven bits in a bag and leave overnight, don`t what it`s called but she swears by it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have cleaned my oven once in almost 8 years!

It's horrible :o

I keep meaning to pay one of those oven cleaning people to come and do it. Failing that, I'll just get a new one and try to keep that one clean
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I have cleaned my oven once in almost 8 years!

It's horrible :o

I keep meaning to pay one of those oven cleaning people to come and do it. Failing that, I'll just get a new one and try to keep that one clean

mine [recently inherited] sets off the smoke alarm every time i open the door if i don`t have the window wide open and cooker hood on full blast:o:oi don`t think the greasy bits come out either. unless they`re stuck fast with grease.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just take care if you have a self-cleaning or pyrolytic oven, as you can't use most of those oven cleaners due to the chemicals they contain and the excessive heat your oven can reach.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really is a disgrace, and a dreadful piece of sexual stereotyping. My concern is that a whole generation of young boys, instead of discovering their self-worth and potential, will grow up lacking self pride, drive and ambition - and instead of becoming say, a Prime Minister, or a wealthy and heavily tattooed football player, will simply accept that their lot in life is to facillitate the cleaning of ovens whilst their sisters are encouraged to reach for the stars.

The Grauniad should be told.;)
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, thank you. I'll have a look for oven pride next Saturday. :)

Its only £2.99 in B&M and far better than Mr Muscle or anything else. I use it about 3 times a year. Its a wonderful product
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of my girls uses something you put your oven bits in a bag and leave overnight, don`t what it`s called but she swears by it.

Thats oven pride :)
  • Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Damanda wrote: »
    Its only £2.99 in B&M and far better than Mr Muscle or anything else. I use it about 3 times a year. Its a wonderful product

Right, there is a B&M store in Warrington, I'll pop in on Friday...market day.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A main oven? Do people have more than one?