Options

UKTV Drama to launch - July 8th

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    Y Me wrote: »
    Wrong!!! So wrong!!!

This and One Man and His Dog should be compulsory viewing for all!!!

That would be a violation of my human rights on so many levels !!! ;)
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    As Virgin people pay for TV but are not getting this channel a boycott should be launched until it is launched on Virgin. Its a disgrace.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    As Virgin people pay for TV but are not getting this channel a boycott should be launched until it is launched on Virgin. Its a disgrace.

I pay for Virgin TV and don't get a lot of channels, like Sky Atlantic, MGM, the list goes on. Just cause you pay for it doesn't mean you should get it.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I pay for Virgin TV and don't get a lot of channels, like Sky Atlantic, MGM, the list goes on. Just cause you pay for it doesn't mean you should get it.
    Most of them are on sky and are not available free elsewhere. It’s a disgrace that channels are on free networks but not pay ones.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Most of them are on sky and are not available free elsewhere. It’s a disgrace that channels are on free networks but not pay ones.

I think there are two separate issues here, basdfg.

Firstly, I suspect it is only a matter of time before UKTV Drama joins Virgin Media which, after all, already shows all the other UKTV channels.

Secondly, Virgin Media management can, like Freesat's management, be justifiably criticised for not being proactive enough when it comes to trying to recruit new channels for their viewers. That is a failing on their part and there's nothing to stop them, for example, from trying to actively recruit new channels such as MGM and Movies 24 to Virgin TV.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a disgrace, it's a minor inconvenience.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So what's stopping you getting a TV aerial in addition to your cable?
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not going to be available on Sky at the time of launch either.
    Hardly a disgrace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Same old stuff......summer wine shown to death etc...Bring back BSB Galaxy Channel..
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Drama

Monday 8th July 2013

08.00am - The Bill
    09.30am - Birds of a Feather
    10.10am - Birds of a Feather
    10.50am - Born and Bred
    12.00pm - Monarch of the Glen
    13.00pm - Rumpole of the Bailey
    14.00pm - Last of the Summer Wine
    14.40pm - Birds of a Feather
    15.20pm - Birds of a Feather
    16.00pm - Born and Bred
    17.10pm - Monarch of the Glen
    18.20pm - Last of the Summer Wine
    19.00pm - Last of the Summer Wine
    19.40pm - Birds of a Feather
    20.20pm - Birds of a Feather
    21.00pm - Inspector George Gently
    23.00pm - New Tricks
    00.00am - The Bill
    01.30am - Great British Ghosts

Source - TV Guide
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    so looking forward to this! have already setup my series links for too many shows!

thankyou UKTV!
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCN 20 Drama is now on air on freeview showing teleshopping (2am-8am) then its TV shows will start broadcasting @ 8am.Hours (5am-2am)

LCN 25 has new hours (2am-5am.) And has onscreen text saying.

Dave ja ve is no longer available full time on freeview.Rest assured all your favourite shows can still be found on Dave (channel 12)

The new channel for Drama lovers is available now on channel 20-you may need to retune your box or digital TV
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drama is now broadcasting its programs.

The Bill is the first Tv show on this new channel.

Good to see The Bill (repeats) back on TV.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this turned up on Sky as was said? There seems to be a lot of confusion!
  • Options
    runrigokrunrigok Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    The Bill, the 1st programme I'll watch on Drama was the last one I watched on ITV, Welcome back to The Bill:)
  • Options
    SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »

Not yet. Changes to the EPG regarding new launches don't happen until mid-morning 10.30-11.30am.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, it's launch day is the same 6 programmes repeated 3 times essentially. Way to impress the viewers, UKTV. LOTSW isn't even starting from S1 E1, nor is The Bill, so are they just expecting people to know what's going on by default? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Try sky channel 291 as you find it there now
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next week the schedule is more or less the same apart from:
    19/07/2013 Fri 22:10 The War Bride
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    So, it's launch day is the same 6 programmes repeated 3 times essentially. Way to impress the viewers, UKTV. LOTSW isn't even starting from S1 E1, nor is The Bill, so are they just expecting people to know what's going on by default? :rolleyes:

Yesterday does (did?) that too - the same six hour block three times - was rather handy actually.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I notice they are showing a ghost hunting show in the early hours, how is that drama?

On the first day they should be showing a wide range of shows but after a few days go to the 6 shows repeated. The Bill was quite good I had never watched it before.

If you look on Wikipedia it has a lot of shows so why not show as much as they can it's not like they will run out of episodes.
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Drama, and it is nice too see Yesterday has reverted back to more History related programming now, other than 1 episode of Ballykissangel on Yesterday this week!
    Still seems like the content is being spread out too thinly over channels in my opinion. I want to know what channel if any BBC Documentary programmes will be shown on now.
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This channel is awful. Full of stereotypical British period dramas and granny sitcoms. How boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Why do we need to show the same shows every day? I for one don't have time to sit down for eg. to watch The Bill or record it every single day due to my busy working lifestyle!. My hard drive would soon become full .Once or twice a week would surely be enough and this way would allow more choice of programming....What is everyone else's thoughts? Other channels are guilty of this! I can't remember the last time I sat and watched Emmerdale because of this on ITV.. it gets to the point that I have too many to catch up on and in the end stop watching and wipe them from my hard drive.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    deznottsuk wrote: »
    Why do we need to show the same shows every day? I for one don't have time to sit down for eg. to watch The Bill or record it every single day due to my busy working lifestyle!. My hard drive would soon become full .Once or twice a week would surely be enough and this way would allow more choice of programming....What is everyone else's thoughts? Other channels are guilty of this! I can't remember the last time I sat and watched Emmerdale because of this on ITV.. it gets to the point that I have too many to catch up on and in the end stop watching and wipe them from my hard drive.

I agree. Sometimes channels show things over a week - one episode a day - rather than weekly. If you miss one you have no choice but to record the rest and watch them whenever, as inevitably it will clash with something else on one of the days. The UKTV channels are exceptionally guilty of showing multiple episodes per week (or even per day!), and a weekly schedule like most "normal" channels would be far preferable I find them best to just dip in and out of - there's no point in trying to watch an entire series (which generally means there's no point in watching at all unless you saw it the first time round)