New Fawlty Towers DVD release?

jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
Forum Member
I'm forced to endure some of Richard & Judy when I get in from work as the wife has it on, but it was made marginally more interesting yesterday by having John Cleese as a guest.

Interestingly, he said something about having done some commentaries in the last week on some Fawlty Towers episodes.

Perhaps a "definitive edition", "new cash-in edition", or even Blu-Ray release for the future?

Comments

• dennisspoonerdennisspooner Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    I'm forced to endure some of Richard & Judy when I get in from work as the wife has it on, but it was made marginally more interesting yesterday by having John Cleese as a guest.

Interestingly, he said something about having done some commentaries in the last week on some Fawlty Towers episodes.

Perhaps a "definitive edition", "new cash-in edition", or even Blu-Ray release for the future?

As Fawlty Towers was made on tape a Bluray release would be pointless

However a new dvd release might be a good idea if they put back the missing seconds of The Kipper and The Corpse and either remove or correct the existing commentary tracks which play without the programme sound in the background