Survey - Please help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
Forum Member
✭✭
Need some help with Media Studies work.
I have to do a survey based on a type of new media technology.
Please answer the questions and reply the answers back.
Please answer as fully as you can because I need some good quotes.
Thanks very much.

1. Do you own a mobile/cellular phone?

If yes, continue.

2. Do you use the product to gather information? For example using the internet on the phone or calling a directory enquiry number or are you subribed to a service to get news texted to you as it happens? If so, please give details.

3. Do you use the product for integration. Or do you not use your phone to comunicate and purely use it for the other features it has?

4. Does your phone allow for diversion (for entertainment purposes.) For example, mp3 player, video player, internet, cameras etc. Which of these do you have and use?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Yes

If yes, continue.

2. Do you use the product to gather information? For example using the internet on the phone or calling a directory enquiry number or are you subribed to a service to get news texted to you as it happens? If so, please give details.

I use the internet (GPRS) to check train times when I'm on the way to the station to catch my train. I sometimes use it to check the lottery numbers. I don't use text alerts as they cost 25p a time.

3. Do you use the product for integration. Or do you not use your phone to comunicate and purely use it for the other features it has?
    I use the mostly for sending text messages. I use all the features regularly though.

4. Does your phone allow for diversion (for entertainment purposes.) For example, mp3 player, video player, internet, cameras etc. Which of these do you have and use?
    I have MP3 player, video player, internet, camera, and radio. I use them all apart from the radio as it's simpler to put the music on the phone that I actually want, instead of waiting for music that I like to be played on the radio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    1. Do you own a mobile/cellular phone? yes

If yes, continue.

2. Do you use the product to gather information? For example using the internet on the phone or calling a directory enquiry number or are you subribed to a service to get news texted to you as it happens? If so, please give details. I use wap when travelling for information, not subscribed to services.
    3. Do you use the product for integration. Or do you not use your phone to comunicate and purely use it for the other features it has? Its used mostly for texting and hurried calls due to cost.
    4. Does your phone allow for diversion (for entertainment purposes.) For example, mp3 player, video player, internet, cameras etc. Which of these do you have and use? I have MP3 player, video, wap, camera, Mp3 used regularly, camera now and then, video hardly at all, wap never for entertainment.
  • dj1471dj1471 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Sanity.2k wrote:
    Yes.
    Sanity.2k wrote:
    Rarely. Such services are prohibitively expensive considering I can get the same services for free using a computer.
    I may occasionally download videos (e.g. the weather forecast), but only ones that are provided free of charge by my provider.
    Sanity.2k wrote:
    What does 'integration' mean in this context? The question is too vague for me to answer.
    Of course I use to phone to communicate; that is its purpose after all.
    Sanity.2k wrote:
    Yes to all of the above. Of those, I only use the camera and only infrequently - a phone is for talking; if I want to take proper photographs I'll use a camera. Likewise if I want to listen to music, I'll use a dedicated MP3 player (it's better at being an MP3 player than my phone, since that's what it's designed for).
  • Mr. MocataMr. Mocata Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Yes
    If yes, continue.
    Thanks, I will.
    I get Half Time and Full time scores for my footy team texted to me.
    I'm not sure what you mean by integration. I make calls, I send SMS, I use a few other bits and bobs.
    Yes it has all of those. I only use the camera though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before i start, isnt this a bit biased being in the Mobile Phones forum?

Yes
    If yes, continue.

Yes, mainly to check times of things, e.g. bus, cinema,etc

By this do you mean connect to PC and sync? No, but the phone is able to. Mainly text, use camera occasionally but only becasuse its low quality(got proper digital camera for main use).

It can do everything stated, but due to low memory and no memory card slot, dont bother with a lot of the time. Got iPod for my music and video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone who has responded.

For the integration question, I mean sync'ing to your PC, using bluetooth and phoneing and texting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Do you own a mobile/cellular phone? yes

If yes, continue.

i use the internet on my mobile to occasionally check emails on gmail and train times when in work - also checking football scores

use bluetooth to hook up to pda and other mobile to transfer photos - make calls and use sms frequently

i have media player, camera and internet access - has memeory card slot but only use the one provided (32mb) -use MP3 player and Digital Camera as they are better/easier