Android-ers, what browser do you use?

2»

Comments

• scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Chrome on my S3, it syncs well with my desktop version and does the job perfectly.

:) Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I use Opera on my phone,but it doesn't support flash so have to resort to stock browser for flash sites.

Hmmm. To be honest I stay away from Flash nowadays so it doesn't fuss me. The Nexus 7 doesn't seem to suffer without it at all, and I don't want it on my phone either (Samsung Galaxy S2, ICS 4.04). Don't want it on my desktop either! I'm getting hardline in my old age. ;)

I suppose if you stream a lot of TV beyond TVCatchup then yeah, but for me, time to die, Flash!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    theARE wrote: »
    Dolphin Browser seems the best for me

Another vote for Dolphin on Android. Also works very well indeed on iPad.
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,781
    Forum Member
    I use Firefox, mainly because I can sync my desktop and android device for bookmarks and passwords etc. Plus it supports flash.
    dazb wrote: »
    You say to firefox if you need flash, but it doesnt support flash the Nexus 7,

It might not officially support it but I think you will find you can manually install it. Thats what I had to do on my transformer because it came with Jelly Bean on.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    You say to firefox if you need flash, but it doesnt support flash the Nexus 7,

Sure it does, just go to the Adobe website and install it, I did this with my N4 & N7.

Chrome doesn't support flash though so you need to use a different browser like Firefox.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrome. Nothing but chrome.
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Dolphin browser

its the dog's dodahs
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theARE wrote: »
    Dolphin Browser seems the best for me
    Another vote for Dolphin on Android. Also works very well indeed on iPad.
    tosha43 wrote: »
    Dolphin browser

its the dog's dodahs

I'm going to try Dolphin as you all seem to like it. I'm just using google at the minute.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    why Dolphin over Boat?

you should try boat, honesty its perfect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why Dolphin over Boat?

you should try boat, honesty its perfect

Maybe I'll have to try both then :)
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    Maybe I'll have to try both then :)

yes! please do!

I can't recommend boat highly enough, the gestures thing where you draw a shape on the screen and it does an action/website is brilliant
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes! please do!

I can't recommend boat highly enough, the gestures thing where you draw a shape on the screen and it does an action/website is brilliant

You're selling it to me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    personally, I don't see the point of using another browser aswell as the stock one for the simple reason that you cannot remove the default one so its adding unneccessary files/browser cache etc to your phones storage along with another program process..

Not that I knock anyone for using a 3rd party browser, just my opinon of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riccom wrote: »
    personally, I don't see the point of using another browser aswell as the stock one for the simple reason that you cannot remove the default one so its adding unneccessary files/browser cache etc to your phones storage along with another program process..

Not that I knock anyone for using a 3rd party browser, just my opinon of course.

It's for tablet use though, not on a phone, so memory use is much less of an issue.
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firefox
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Started off using Chrome but the lack of flash support drove me to Firefox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martytoo wrote: »
    Firefox
    Arcana wrote: »
    Started off using Chrome but the lack of flash support drove me to Firefox.

I use. Firefox on my laptop but didn't like it on the tablet.

I'm going to try dolphin and boat at the weekend.