Options

How has your club done in the transfer market ?

BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The season has already kicked off and the top league going into action this weekend how has your club done so far in the market ? Or how do you think the major clubs have done this transfer window ? Have Liverpool spent the money wisely ? Can man utd now get back into the to 4 ?

Looking at the team I support Southampton it has been a mixed bag. Clearly we have lost of lot of decent players but on the other side we have had a good price for them. On the their replacement I think we have made some good buys and some that we wil have to wait and see on.

Forster is a good signing. Not a position we needed but with Davis and Boruc coming towards end of contracts or retirement I think this was looking at the future now.

Bertrand I think is really good fit for the club very fast pace and like to get forward only on loan but i think we should buy him at the end of the season

Gardos dont know much about him but he look a beast of a center back. We have had good luck with these out of the blue players in the past so this could be another great find.

Tadic Comes with a good history from the dutch league and already looks a good player i think he will do well.

Tadier joins on a swap deal for Dani Osvaldo who frankly I would have taken a bottle of pop and half a mars bar for just to get rid of him. I have my doubts if the premier league is suited to his style

Pelle comes with a good goal scoring record again from the dutch league. I have high hope for this player. However we saw a lot of high scoring players last season join the league with little return for their clubs i fear this might be another one

Long. Shane long is a logical buy for the club but 12 million seems a lot for a players without a good goal scoring record at this level. Glad he has joined the lcub but i think we have over paid for him.

Comments

• Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Newcastle fan, I'm happy so far with our signings as we have currently signed nine players which is (obviously) better than last season when we signed no one apart from two loans (Loic Remy and Luuk de Jong).

In:
    Ayoze Perez (Tenerife)
    Jack Colback (Sunderland)
    Siem de Jong (Ajax)
    Remy Cabella (Montpellier)
    Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco)
    Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord)
    Facundo Ferreyra (Shakhtar Donetsk) - Season-long loan
    Karl Darlow (Nottingham Forest)
    Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We started off with a bang, signing two players (Herrera and Shaw), but since then nothing, loads of links and maybe's, but nothing firm and completed, hopefully we manage to do something else, as we sure need to!
    But it is leaving things very late indeed, sadly this seems to be a trademark of Ed Woodward, if last summer is anything to go by.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well but lacking that striker and it's getting late now.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potentially awesome for Liverpool - just one signing from a perfect transfer window
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering we're not allowed to actually pay a fee (Portsmouth) so can only sign frees and loanee's I think we've done pretty well.