The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    I had read the funeral was expected to be 'Saturday' so I assume so.

Just found this...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/tears-tributes-accompany-heath-ledger-to-his-final-rest/2008/02/09/1202234231953.html

There was a memorial service followed by a very private funeral. It is believed that Heath was cremated.

RIP Heath. You will always be remembered and you will always be loved.

:cry:

I will be lighting a candle for him later on this evening.

Thats a lovely idea Rose I think I will too :)
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member

That's a nice thing to do. I always do it if someone I've cared for has passed over. I think it's a lovely gesture. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member

I will be joining you Rose.....Can't quite believe he's finally gone for good. it's just sinking in.:(:cry:cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    My candle is lit. Bless you Heath.
    Forum Member
    A lot of talk has been of Brokeback Mountain, but the film that first made me think of Heath as an amazing actor was Monsters Ball. I realise he was only a supporting cast member in it but when i saw him in that i really thought wow, this guy is not just a pretty face, he can act too.
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My candle is lit. Bless you Heath.

What a lovely gesture Rugby Rose and Fancyfirefoot

Wherever you are Heath, I hope you're at peace. Thanks for all the films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    In case any of you are interested I have copied a link from our local paper with details of the memorial service.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23184887-948,00.html
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have most of his movies on dvd too. I loved Brokeback Mountain and Candy
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know if Jake was at the memorial?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Rose Budd wrote: »

It was in the local news that he flew here for the service but there has been no mention of him since. Maybe they got it wrong :confused:
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Heath's wake on his favourite beach, these photos make me smile and cry at the same time...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5029494-5010140-8,00.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heath's wake on his favourite beach, these photos make me smile and cry at the same time...

Yeah i saw those photos and i thought that the memorial looked lovely; a wonderfully celebratory and hopeful funeral. Without black and with smiles. Just the way I'd like to be sent off!
  • bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a perfect and beautiful send off for him....:)
    Forum Member
    mazurka wrote: »
    In case any of you are interested I have copied a link from our local paper with details of the memorial service.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23184887-948,00.html

Thanks for the link. We haven't had much news about the service or wake here in the UK.
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heaths film Candy has been put up on Youtube if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
    It's very heavy but a great film.
    Forum Member
    J105 wrote: »
    Heaths film Candy has been put up on Youtube if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
    It's very heavy but a great film.

Haven't seen it yet, i am going to buy it on Tuesday.
    I actually managed to watch Brokeback last night, it's the first thing i have been able to watch since he died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Rose Budd wrote: »

I thought Jake was supposed to be Heath's best friend and he's godfather to Matilda yet he didn't go to either of the memorial services or the funeral. It can't be as some papers have reported saying he was too upset to go because he was photographed out with Reese Witherspoon.

I would have thought he would be the person to be at all three services. Shame
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    What is everyone's favourite Heath film?
    Mine is A Knights Tale. I also love 10 Things I Hate About You.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I had never heard of Heath before I saw BBM, though I think I probably saw him in Home and Away cos I used to watch it when he was in it! :)

Anyway, I had no idea who he was in BBM but he just captivated me, he was so brilliant. I've watched the film upteen times but now it's just too painful to watch the latter part of it when he ages as Ennis because I remember I always used to wonder if he'd look anything like that when he was near 40 .... and now he won't even make 29 in April..

I have never been touched by an actor as much as Heath. After BBM I bought all his films on DVD. I didn't much like some of them as whole films, but I was able to re-record all his scenes from those films I didn't particularly like, onto other DVD's so I can now enjoy just his performances!

I enjoyed A Knight's Tale, I still do though it was painful watching it for the first time after his death. Casanova was fun, and he was wonderful in Candy - he was wonderful in everything.
    Monsters Ball was another great performance. Diana Ossana, Producer of BBM said she saw a young Ennis in his portrayal of Sonny. So true.

I had been counting the days up to Dark KNight coming out. I don't really like films like that, but I watched Batman Begins when I knew he'd be in the follow up and actually enjoyed it. Having seen the trailers I just know he's gonna be brilliant, he got so many rave reviews just from that. Now I think I might cry all through my first viewing of it!

It would have catapulted him into superstadium, that performance ... and he would have hated it, because he hated the fame, he just wanted to act.
    It's just cruel that he's no longer with him. And his gorgeous mini-me daughter Matilda will never remember the Daddy who doted on her. :cry:
    Forum Member

I love 10 things, two hands and a knights tale.
    I also love monsters Ball and Brokeback, but they are a lot harder to watch because of the subject matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mine too. Loved 10 Things since it came out in 99, but only watched A Knights Tale the other week actually after hearing good things about it on here! Loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I am not a huge fan of Brockback Mountain, but Heath's perfomance is superb.
    A lot of people are talking about Casanova. What is this about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a huge fan of Brockback Mountain, but Heath's perfomance is superb.
    A lot of people are talking about Casanova. What is this about?

Yeah same here on the BBM front :) I have got it though to watch again, though never been in the mood for it, it's not an easy watching film :D

Never seen Casanova because I'm shallow (if thats the right word to use) and can't stand Sienna Miller! :D
    Forum Member
    Hmv is selling alot of Heaths films quite cheeply at the moment, and they have Casanova for £6.
    Anyone seen lords of dogtown?, that's one i haven't got, is it worth buying?
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    tvjane wrote: »
    I thought Jake was supposed to be Heath's best friend and he's godfather to Matilda yet he didn't go to either of the memorial services or the funeral. It can't be as some papers have reported saying he was too upset to go because he was photographed out with Reese Witherspoon.

I would have thought he would be the person to be at all three services. Shame
    Apparently the film he's filming wrapped today, so presumably he had to be there. He had time off after Heath died, but he probably had no choice but to be there to finish on schedule. Australia is a long way from LA.

He was reportedly seen at one of the memoria services in LA and it's noticeable that everyone who was at his funeral in Perth - apart from Michelle - all seemed to be Australian. Don't know if that says anything, but it might.

Having said that, someone said he was in Perth and had gone there for a week, so you never know what to believe!