People seem to have to work harder with a lot less time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
indeed Miss Piper, you unbelievable tit. and guess what, some even have to do this day in day out just to get by, unlike you who should have enough dosh stashed away to have a nice life anyway. even your drama of 'struggling to find work' isn't totally unheard of by many, i am told.

some people do ask for negative press. in a few months time she will be whining how everyone is so negative towards her and how she is so misunderstood. unless of course she will now release a statement how the Sun totally misinterpreted her real comments. :D

Comments

• hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an extremely lucky woman who happened to work continuously for five years, and now is NOT.

She has joined the ranks of most other actors who are lucky if they work three times a year, and have to take other jobs to get by.

Programmes are still being made, it's just that people don't want her IN them. Diddums.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the big deal. It's a refreshing change for an actor to admit that they haven't got job offers raining down on them. Normally when asked what they are doing next they claim to be "reading scripts" or are in talks and all kinds of other bland statements.

I am presuming she didn't decide to spontaneously phone the paper just to complain, but was in fact answering their questions.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm embarrassed to say that yes I watched an episode of her last show. She can get on top of me wearing those outfits and speaking like that any day of the week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    She's an extremely lucky woman who happened to work continuously for five years, and now is NOT.

precisely. contrary to many others out of a job, she had the chance to stash away quite a bit, to tide her over till the grave if need be. and has a hubby who seems to rake it in still.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSDP wrote: »
    indeed Miss Piper, you unbelievable tit. and guess what, some even have to do this day in day out just to get by, unlike you who should have enough dosh stashed away to have a nice life anyway. even your drama of 'struggling to find work' isn't totally unheard of by many, i am told.

some people do ask for negative press. in a few months time she will be whining how everyone is so negative towards her and how she is so misunderstood. unless of course she will now release a statement how the Sun totally misinterpreted her real comments. :D

Are you just wanting to have a pop at her because you don't like her? Because that's what it sounds like.

I can't find one single line in that interview to disagree with. Billie is speaking from her own experience and I would imagine the experience of a huge number of working actors about the lack of new opps in tv since it's become so clogged up with cheap as chips shite. How dare she voice her opinion. Shame on you, Billie. :rolleyes:
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    DSDP wrote: »

She was asked a question and she gave a truthful answer. what's to get upset about?

She's not allowed an opinion.

She's right - I work in TV and the only programmes we are making are for overseas as we can't raise the budget over here so there is less work.

It's unusual for an actor to admit they can't get work.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh just for actors... seriously, it's not like she is working down a mine or anything. Just whoring her body on camera.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Surely the money from Doctor Who would keep her going?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »

I think there's a lot of misconception about regarding how much jobbing actors get paid. They also have agents and PR companies that take their cut so the idea that someone who's been in a couple of successful tv series is set for life is pretty innacurate. Acting is a precarious life, there's no security, no paid hols, no employee benefits. Not getting new work, when acting is all you can do and the only way that you can earn a living, has to be worrying. Which is all Piper is expressing, her own concerns about her career.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »

"Celebrities" really don't earn as much as many seem to think, even your big A-List film actors and multi-platinum recording artists earn a fraction of the amount bankers, corporation executives, city stock brokers and the people who fund the films they star in do. In the UK they earn hardly anything considering how much banks on so few of them.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,939
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of misconception about regarding how much jobbing actors get paid. They also have agents and PR companies that take their cut so the idea that someone who's been in a couple of successful tv series is set for life is pretty innacurate. Acting is a precarious life, there's no security, no paid hols, no employee benefits. Not getting new work, when acting is all you can do and the only way that you can earn a living, has to be worrying. Which is all Piper is expressing, her own concerns about her career.

Was she a jobbing actor?

If Mrs Rooney was paid £12,000 an episode for a 'reality' show, then I suspect Ms Piper would have been paid considerably more to star in the 'Secret Diary'.

If she finds her agent appyling for work tiring what's she going feel like when she gets work?

Is she saying she's had no work since filming the last 'Secret Diary' or since it last aired?

With her profile why has she no further work...naff actor, too pricey?

If she is forced to work in America I would think the rates of pay are far more than in the UK?

Compare that with someone sacked from a manufacturing job or a call centre going to work in China or India and their lower rates of pay.

Something else that annoys about actors is when a megastar probably millions for one film bleats about the funding of the arts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think she is a jobbing actress, in that she's not a big star, and is not regarded as someone who has the clout to dictate terms and/or salary and can't pick and choose her roles. That to me is a jobbing actress.
  • global chaosglobal chaos Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i musy say her boat race is starting to looked a bit warped:eek::eek::eek: poor love:cry::p
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why she agreed to star in "Call girl" when she had the pick of good parts.
    I don't mind her as an actress although her new accent is cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fantastic, i must be in bed with the wrong people. i get attacked personally, yet i get a warning from the powers that be. classic. cheers for the laugh mates. :D

PS: and i just noticed a perfectly fine post highlighting how one of my attackers is factually wrong has been removed. ace. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of misconception about regarding how much jobbing actors get paid.

might i be so bold to point out that Ms Billie Piper is not just a jobbing actress but has had a number of sources of income in her life, including but not limited to a minor pop career, far more parts than just 2 major TV series and a number of ad campaigns that she lent her face to?

aforementioned revenue streams must by now have allowed her to garner an income higher than many peope get in their whole life.

kind regards.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I think Billi Piper is fabulous.

Good on her for being honest and not doing the 'I'm reading scripts', 'being lined up for X Factor US' etc etc.

A good role model IMO.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she had a perfectly good 'family' image after Doctor Who and Sally Lockhart, but she chose to shed that and take on the role of a **** for four series of Secret Diary Of A Call Girl. Hardly suprising now IF casting bods and producers think she won't be good for their show, or won't be interested, cos the new part doesn't involve taking your clothes off or doing the deed with strangers in front of the camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Billie Piper. I find her quite refreshing. Have to say I haven't watched her call girl programme though!