• Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to see it tomorrow afternoon
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I went to see Hanna today.A great film that lived up to the positive reviews that it has been getting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I watched it today, it is a marvellous film. I would definitely recommend it. Some of the scenes were bizarrely surreal at moments, but I think this is a stroke of genius as it reflects the way Hanna sees the world, since she is seeing most things for the first time.

Saoirse Ronan played the role perfectly and I look forward to seeing more of her in the future, she was totally convincing as a girl who can kick a*se, which I haven't seen done convincingly in quite a while.

The only thing I thought were a little unconvincing was:
    The Camp German hit squad, that seemed to be stuck in the 80s, that were sent after Hanna - they were laughable, and were the least threatening characters since Winnie the Pooh

Excellent film though 8/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this today very good film well acted & directed 8/10
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Crikey a real surprise of a movie..... From the raw, natural and delicate beginning to the fantastic imagery and carefully crafted soundtrack that just fits the action superbly...it was so absorbing and just left me thinking yes..this is this generations Leon/Kill Bill....a fantastic film...... a definite 9/10
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought this was brilliant and loved the fairytale nods - cate blanchette coming out of the wolf's mouth, the princess growing up in isolation etc

all the cast were great, its the first thing ive seen eric bana in since chopper that i thought deserved him

that siongle shot of him taking out the men in the underground was great

only one thing - what happened to olivia williams and her family?

'three bullets' made me laugh
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »

only one thing - what happened to olivia williams and her family?

Yeah....what did happen to the Family....:eek:
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these extremely favourable reviews are making me envious that I haven't seen it yet :mad:
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I watched it today, it is a marvellous film. I would definitely recommend it. Some of the scenes were bizarrely surreal at moments, but I think this is a stroke of genius as it reflects the way Hanna sees the world, since she is seeing most things for the first time.

Saoirse Ronan played the role perfectly and I look forward to seeing more of her in the future, she was totally convincing as a girl who can kick a*se, which I haven't seen done convincingly in quite a while.

The only thing I thought were a little unconvincing was:

The Camp German hit squad, that seemed to be stuck in the 80s, that were sent after Hanna - they were laughable, and were the least threatening characters since Winnie the Pooh

Excellent film though 8/10

Yes, it was what I would imagine a Pinapple Studios roadtrip to look like! :D

Agreed, it was an excellent film. I'm an Eric Bana fan and this helped me to recover from The Time Traveller's Wife! :) Also thought Saoirse Ronan was great. I find her very watchable.

I was quite impressed by how they spent their father/daughter quality time together! :D
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Loved it. It really brings you into the movie.

One thing I don't understand though; is
    why they had to go their separate ways, why the flick ever had to be pressed to alert her of their presence and why Hanna had to be "caught" initially to allow her to escape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. It really brings you into the movie.

One thing I don't understand though; is
    why they had to go their separate ways, why the flick ever had to be pressed to alert her of their presence and why Hanna had to be "caught" initially to allow her to escape.
    She didn't have to be caught to escape - she had to be caught to kill Marissa who had killed her mother
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I'm another that went in not knowing what to expect and left thinking what a great film.

I was really impressed with Saoirse Ronan and was with her performance in "The Lovely Bones" as well. Definately an actress to keep an eye on.

The only thing I didn't get was this....
    When she fired that arrow at Cate Blanchett how did she do it? She didn't use a bow to fire the arrow yet she managed to shoot it with enough force to cover a good distance, impale it into the woman so much it almost killed her. Just flicking her arm from an hanging position wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm another that went in not knowing what to expect and left thinking what a great film.

I was really impressed with Saoirse Ronan and was with her performance in "The Lovely Bones" as well. Definately an actress to keep an eye on.

When she fired that arrow at Cate Blanchett how did she do it? She didn't use a bow to fire the arrow yet she managed to shoot it with enough force to cover a good distance, impale it into the woman so much it almost killed her. Just flicking her arm from an hanging position wouldn't do it.
    Oh year... I forgot to query this, although at the time I did think "EH?"
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    think back to the beginning scene with the deer and the instruments she used...just an elastic spirng and an arrow
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well she did launch the arrow from a makeshift bow, she picked up the cord from one of the rides during her running escape. Although even I am unsure how the technique would launch the arrow so well, but then again I am not a lethal killer trained from birth with genetic enhancements :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did like the line at the end
    I just missed your heart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just missed your heart

Yeah brings the film full circle.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I just missed your heart
    But you did see it coming...;)
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it today and thought it was superb. I totally loved the music in the container park scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I just missed your heart
    So did I although when Cate was running up the stairs trying to escape her the arrow was obviously in her abdomen so not that close lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering where the Grimm house was located - I know the amusement the chase was filmed in is real but can't find any info on the Grimm house
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I was wondering where the Grimm house was located - I know the amusement the chase was filmed in is real but can't find any info on the Grimm house

It's a fairground in former East Berlin the directors sister knew about the fairground from when she was living in Berlin, I think the house was constructed for the film though on the site and his mum painted it.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked this , and I hated Atonement .

it's beautiful to watch and the performances are all great .

however thinking about the plot afterwards I really wasn't sure who did what and why ! it's not even clear who dies .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    OK I'll bite...I was a bit disappointed.

It started well but...
    ..the bit with the family went on too long, plus we didn't see what happened to them after Marissa had finished:confused:
    The artistic stuff was nice but JW went wayyyyy too far and it just got irritating. His pacing was off especially towards the end which ..
    ...was a bit predictable and safe:yawn:, and very underwhelming. There should have been a big finish,given that it's supposed to be an action film, and have a twist, hinting at a possible sequel.
    I came out thinking that it could have been a very stylish action movie with a heart (see Leon), and I wonder whether there were a few versions of the screenplay before the final one. In short - nicely acted, but poorly paced and a bit insubstantial after a good start.

BTW
    If Leon was a 10, then Hanna is a 5 and a half. :D
  • Options
    shauryashaurya Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I was so surprised to watch how she transformed into struggles girl !