Maria McErlane on Radio 2

up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And her exact radio experience is?Excruciating so far,sounds very plummy and posh,sounds like she's at Alexandra 'Pelace'
Sounds like a woman completely out of her depth,and sounds as nervous as hell.Why didn;t they give it to Tim Smith for a week? Oh ,shes just called a singer Enrique UNGLASIAS..
Is the reason she's got the week to fill some Radio 2 yearly female quota.?
Oh. apparently she is Graham Norton's 'Postmistress of Pain' on a Saturday morning.but other than shes; just an actress is nt she? Now shes called him JOOLIO instead of Enrique, oh now shes realised her mistake.oh silly girl.jolly hockey sticks.
''i am so happy you are listening to me''
And she has just crashed the vocal horribly on Olivia Newton John. ...this could be a long night.

Comments

• Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Oh dear... Haven't heard it but sounds like a poor stand in for Alex Lester.
  • Leah_KleinLeah_Klein Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I was listening in from 3 and she sounded fine...maybe just first hour nerves?
  • ToshibaToshiba Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And her exact radio experience is?

The same as Chris Tarrant, Richard Bacon or Danny Baker when they left TV to present their first radio shows.

It's not as though they threw her in the deep end, covering for Chris Evans or Steve Wright. It was 2am for god's sake. I can think of other Radio 2 presenters who've been on air long enough to have bedded in and polished their act who deserve closer scrutiny...