Is it worth applying for a PPI refund?

2»

Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got just over a grand back from RBS 2 years ago, on the 23rd December to be exact! We had paid the final payment on the 1st of the month, so we got it all to ourselves.
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies if this sounds really dumb, but how do you know if you have a claim for PPI? I've had loans before, but I've absolutely no idea or recollection of whether I paid PPI on them. Is there any way of finding out whether I did?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Polomini wrote: »
    Apologies if this sounds really dumb, but how do you know if you have a claim for PPI? I've had loans before, but I've absolutely no idea or recollection of whether I paid PPI on them. Is there any way of finding out whether I did?

Hi Polomini

First of all you would need to go over the paperwork relating to these loans, looking for references to terms such as 'payment cover', 'protection plan', 'ASU', 'loan protection', 'retail payment protection', 'loan care' or similar - basically anything that is supposed to cover payments for you in the event of accident, sickness or unemployment.

If you no longer have the paperwork that can make things trickier - banks are only obliged to keep copies for a minimum of 6 years - but you can contact the original lender for replacements if needed.

Hope that helps for starters

Dennis @NDL