Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG she said no again. She is in for a mauling tomorrow.

CAT FIGHT ALERT! CAT FIGHT ALERT! Millie did say that her claws are coming out.

"The bed is hard and bouncy". I do not understand this statement.

"The bridal suite is not bridal. It is corporate."

As part of the intro, Kathy said, "Horrid awful, people." Kathy, one wants to take a good look at oneself in the mirror.

Another NO? What is wrong with that woman?

Would you as a B&B owner allow her to stay with you?

YES NO.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I couldn't believe Cathy's mocking of Millie, what a nasty woman >:(

Cathy is the type who thinks Brits are superior to everyone else and the rest of the world is primitive and backward. She was embarrasing.

hoppyuppy wrote: »
    I expect that Millie will be very vindictive tomorrow but certainly with justification and then the stick insect will laugh it all off as someone who doesn't like being criticised, the irony.

The others will do the decent thing and be pleasant, where really they should all score her 1 for everything, to teach her a lesson in humility.

I don't care. IMO Cathy deserves it. The places she has stayed at this week have been lovely. I expect her house is well kept and lovely but from what we've seen it hardly compares with the other B&Bs. Anyone would think that self-appointed posh idiot lived in a Royal residence the way she has carried on!
  • Options
    johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I thought Cathy was actually quite kind in discussing Mark's semi failed football career. And Mark has grown on me, and doesn't seem as arrogant as I first thought plus seems a nice guy.

Though I feel it's unfair to judge Cathy on being middle class, and slim - her not wanting to return to the establishments this week is too harsh. The jumping on the bed with her son:blush: what's that all about??

It's not a bromance with the son and Mark, Mummy's boy has a full in crush on him.;-) I also wonder if the son sees himself as a wannabe CBBC presenter and Cath thought coming on FIAB would give him exposure?
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I couldn't believe Cathy's mocking of Millie, what a nasty woman >:(

Yes it was pure spite. There was no need for it.

I cant wait for tonight to see her palace, it just looks like a normal house.

What a thoroughly horrible women she comes over as. What a shame as I am sure she really isnt like that.

I saw a few roll eyes with her son on some of her comments.

Jeez all the places this week have been gone, why would you not want to stay at them.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Cathy is just horrible, and I can't see what was so wrong with the other 3 establishments that she said she wouldn't stay there again.... All of them were lovely and the owners delightful, can't wait to see her little suburban joint today... It looks almost as charmless as she is!

I really really hope she comes last tomorrow, as she has so clearly been playing a game all week - I'm ready for huge under payments from her for everyone!
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Cathy is just horrible, and I can't see what was so wrong with the other 3 establishments that she said she wouldn't stay there again.... All of them were lovely and the owners delightful, can't wait to see her little suburban joint today... It looks almost as charmless as she is!

I really really hope she comes last tomorrow, as she has so clearly been playing a game all week - I'm ready for huge under payments from her for everyone!

Cathy is no more than a TV wannabee who thinks she is coming over as good TV. She has been an inhabitant of the Planet Zog for some time now ... [want to insert a "Wink" smiley, can't find one .. ].
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once she's passed on (she's almost there now) I can see the son of Cathy redecorating the reception area with stuffed birds, drilling a hole in the wall and renaming the B&B "The Bates Motel" ^_^ (spooky mouthless smilie... eek!)
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Cathy is no more than a TV wannabee who thinks she is coming over as good TV. She has been an inhabitant of the Planet Zog for some time now ... [want to insert a "Wink" smiley, can't find one .. ].

;-)

Being a charitable soul, I do like to think that she's horrified at how she's coming over.
    Tonight will certainly be interesting - if she's having to use her own rooms for guests there's all sorts of opportunities for dissatified customers - at least we may get someone rummaging through her wardrobe:D
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Yes it was pure spite. There was no need for it.

I cant wait for tonight to see her palace, it just looks like a normal house.

What a thoroughly horrible women she comes over as. What a shame as I am sure she really isnt like that.

I saw a few roll eyes with her son on some of her comments.

Jeez all the places this week have been gone, why would you not want to stay at them.

her pad gets rave reviews on TA :confused:
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    teacup333 wrote: »

Not for much longer I reckon.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've caught up now. I was in a B&B overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake last weekend, and resisted the temptation to turn over the mattress and probe down the toilet. It was a very nice place, and extremely reasonable in its rates.

As for this week's FIAB, well! Cathy's 'NO' to each place was just silly, but I was horrified by her rudeness to Millie. Honestly, a stringy PE teacher by appearance, obviously proud of her middle-class status, then she's dreadfully discourteous. Her place looks characterless and dull, and I couldn't be doing with those low ceilings. It looks as if there are velux windows, and when you think of the lovely surroundings and views this week, her place seems soulless and boring.

I hope she gets her comeuppance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    televizor wrote: »
    CAT FIGHT ALERT! CAT FIGHT ALERT! Millie did say that her claws are coming out.

"The bed is hard and bouncy". I do not understand this statement.

"The bridal suite is not bridal. It is corporate."

As part of the intro, Kathy said, "Horrid awful, people." Kathy, one wants to take a good look at oneself in the mirror.

Another NO? What is wrong with that woman?

Would you as a B&B owner allow her to stay with you?

YES NO.

Cathy is coming across as a total witch and seemingly oblivious to the effect both her direct interactions and feedback would have on the other B&B owners's. Saying 'no' to coming back is a real personal insult and based on her feedback seemingly totally unjustified. I hope that in Friday's episode she is made to explain fully why she answered in this way. Sometimes this question is a little misleading, for example often Blackpool B&B's are 'no'ed through no fault of their own simply the contestants do not wish to return to Blackpool. I suspect Kathy has some daft explanation like this. I think a better final question would be "would you recommend [insert name of B&B] to others"?

Having said that I wouldn't automatically dismiss all her comments... Hard and bouncy I do actually understand, meaning the bed has give but doesn't conform to the body. She could also have meant hard and springy as she said earlier about the coils digging in.... I notice she is quite thin so probably needs a softer mattress to be comfortable.

The bridal suite comment I 100% agree with based on what we saw. Rebecca made a point of saying this is the bridal suite... but we didn't see anything special. It was a larger than average room + bathroom - but not a suite, the bed looked standard, I didn't see any wow features or luxurious furnishings, there didn't look to be enough room that you would need for getting ready with your bridal party + storing presents etc.

I suspected that it was just the largest room they had and they called it the bridal suite and gave it to Kathy and made a point of stating it was the bridal suite after she complained of being given the budget room at the previous place???

I would call it a superior room. As a bridal suite it was disappointing.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    She should take the opportunity on payment day to do some damage limitation.......

She has been edited as a complete witch, but the reviews on TA (not all from people with just one review to their names) indicate that she is a great hostess who goes the extra mile for her customers, her place is good and her breakfasts great- nothing like person we have been shown.

I hope for her sake that she hasn't underpaid too much (I'm convinced she will have underpaid everybody!), but some of her comments about the other places and other owners were a bit on the bitchy side. Yes Millie's place was a bit kitsch, the Smart and Simple was a bit corporate, and she was obviously peeved to get the budget room at the Welsh Hall, but the point of a B&B is that they are (usually) as individual as their owners, a point she seems to have missed completely!
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully there will be 3 joint winners this week, with Cathy and son a resounding last.

When Geek-boy said they weren't game playing, he was right. They are seriously out to win.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Which is why we call it Sssssssshhhhhhh :D
    Confession time Solar, you've lost me with that one! If it was a plain hiss as the S's I'd be with you but the shhh part's baffled me. That's easily done mind you!

I think it's wrong to critise her ladyship for being middle class. That in itself doesn't mean you have to behave as she does whilst looking down on most others as being beneath her. She's just portraying herself as arrogant and lacking social self awareness.

She'll probably have her chums from the tennis club round for Pimms and drinkypoos to watch her show, all agreeing how wonderful she's been all week. I'll be keeping an eye open for pictures of Thatcher and the Royal Family dotted around the lounge but that day's Mail or Telegraph will probably have been tidied away.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confession time Solar, you've lost me with that one! If it was a plain hiss as the S's I'd be with you but the shhh part's baffled me. That's easily done mind you!

I think it's wrong to critise her ladyship for being middle class. That in itself doesn't mean you have to behave as she does whilst looking down on most others as being beneath her. She's just portraying herself as arrogant and lacking social self awareness.

She'll probably have her chums from the tennis club round for Pimms and drinkypoos to watch her show, all agreeing how wonderful she's been all week. I'll be keeping an eye open for pictures of Thatcher and the Royal Family dotted around the lounge but that day's Mail or Telegraph will probably have been tidied away.:D

Smart Simple Hotel, SSH I think Solar means but I too could have got it all wrong.:)
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smart Simple Hotel, SSH I think Solar means but I too could have got it all wrong.:)
    Gulp. I forgot about Hotel. :blush: I was just thinking of Smart and Simple...no comments allowed thank you!

Thanks Hoppy. :)
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teacup333 wrote: »

I had a look at them and from May onwards there seems to be sequence to them...two 'raves' per month up until the airing of the show ;-). Maybe nothing but just seems a little 'hmmm' to me.

Some venom flowing at her on the FB page :blush:.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    syncage wrote: »
    Cathy is coming across as a total witch and seemingly oblivious to the effect both her direct interactions and feedback would have on the other B&B owners's. Saying 'no' to coming back is a real personal insult and based on her feedback seemingly totally unjustified. I hope that in Friday's episode she is made to explain fully why she answered in this way. Sometimes this question is a little misleading, for example often Blackpool B&B's are 'no'ed through no fault of their own simply the contestants do not wish to return to Blackpool. I suspect Kathy has some daft explanation like this. I think a better final question would be "would you recommend [insert name of B&B] to others"?

Having said that I wouldn't automatically dismiss all her comments... Hard and bouncy I do actually understand, meaning the bed has give but doesn't conform to the body. She could also have meant hard and springy as she said earlier about the coils digging in.... I notice she is quite thin so probably needs a softer mattress to be comfortable.

The bridal suite comment I 100% agree with based on what we saw. Rebecca made a point of saying this is the bridal suite... but we didn't see anything special. It was a larger than average room + bathroom - but not a suite, the bed looked standard, I didn't see any wow features or luxurious furnishings, there didn't look to be enough room that you would need for getting ready with your bridal party + storing presents etc.

I suspected that it was just the largest room they had and they called it the bridal suite and gave it to Kathy and made a point of stating it was the bridal suite after she complained of being given the budget room at the previous place???

I would call it a superior room. As a bridal suite it was disappointing.

Cathy? Is that you? :o

Tbf I do agree with you about the Bridal Suite. It didn't look that special to me either.

But she is a miserable moaning witch and do not get her saying No to all the places. Hope she has a thick skin :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Tbf I do agree with you about the Bridal Suite. It didn't look that special to me either.

But she is a miserable moaning witch and do not get her saying No to all the places. Hope she has a thick skin :D

I have seen 3 places this week that I would happily stay at, the one we have not seen, I wouldn't contemplate staying at.

I do hope she gets 3 NOs, she richly deserves them.:p at her.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I have seen 3 places this week that I would happily stay at, the one we have not seen, I wouldn't contemplate staying at.

I do hope she gets 3 NOs, she richly deserves them.:p at her.

Yes I would stay at the 3 we have seen. I did like Millies as it seemed so homely :)

As she has upset them all they should give her full payback but not in money or feedback :D

Loved how shocked she was at the 1 she was given by someone :D:D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Tbf I do agree with you about the Bridal Suite. It didn't look that special to me either...

I can't find anything on their website about a "Bridal suite" so I do wonder if it was said in a jokey way?
    Though in a hotel called "Smart and Simple" should we really be expecting anything too elaberate?:D
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if any of Cathys friends down at the tennis club have distanced themselves from her.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    Gulp. I forgot about Hotel. :blush: I was just thinking of Smart and Simple...no comments allowed thank you!
    Yes, the sign says SSH and when we go past we just make a long Shush
    sound, the kind you do with your finger on your lips :D
    I had a look at them and from May onwards there seems to be sequence to them...two 'raves' per month up until the airing of the show ;-). Maybe nothing but just seems a little 'hmmm' to me.

Some venom flowing at her on the FB page :blush:.
    Haven't taken a look at the FB page as yet, but they usually don't hold back any over there do they.
    I had a look at the booking options to see if other rooms were made available and strangely the place seems fully booked out/no availability via Late Rooms for the foreseeable future.
    I wonder if it's just a very seasonal sideline, perhaps even to pay off the loft conversion? *shrugs* I mean as opposed to a full blown business.
    If so, there's nothing wrong with that. We know that often people are invited or canvassed to go on these kind of shows.
    It didn't seem any different from other rooms really, more of a superior room, but when you look on their website there's no mention of a bridal suite anyway, the room looked like what's called a Family Room from the photos.
    Not that I'd have expected to have a bridal suite necessarily in a place branded Smart and Simple (Hotel!)
    What they do say about their beds is
    '300-count Egyptian Cotton duvet cover Hypnos mattress with Royal seal'
    From what they said about the lack of a full length mirror in one of the rooms, it sounds as though they're still working their way through the place and bringing it all up to scratch.
    I wonder what the occupancy rates are like?

If you wanted something a bit more luxurious in Tunbridge Wells, as an example, Hotel du Vin prices (also in the town centre) start from
    standard double £115: superior £125/145/175: and suites from £205 and £275. I can't see that's B&B, it looks like room only.

Am very interested to see how it all goes this evening.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I can't find anything on their website about a "Bridal suite" so I do wonder if it was said in a jokey way?
    Though in a hotel called "Smart and Simple" should we really be expecting anything too elaberate?:D

I thought it was meant in a jokey way .. their way of saying it was the best room in the hotel? Would love to see a full unedited version of Cathy being shown this room, have a feeling she milked it for all it was worth ...
This discussion has been closed.