Options

I am now fairly sure that Dot (Eastenders spoilers)

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is in danger of some sort. That "nephew" of the Reverend Stevens looks very, very shady. I know, especially being a Christian and whatnot, that one should never judge a book by its cover, but he looks very shady, as does Nick Jr.

Comments

• Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not convinced he is the nephew of Reverend Stevens, he looked very sussy, I think he is in something with Nick and Charlie, I guess we will find out on Thursday
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That young guy is no more a vicar than what I am.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is a con, I'd love to know what exactly they're expecting to achieve. Dot lives in a council house and has little money.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is in danger of some sort. That "nephew" of the Reverend Stevens looks very, very shady. I know, especially being a Christian and whatnot, that one should never judge a book by its cover, but he looks very shady, as does Nick Jr.

I don't think it applies to Christians "especially" at all, I think it's basic human decency to keep an open mind and to not be judgmental.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is a con, I'd love to know what exactly they're expecting to achieve. Dot lives in a council house and has little money.

if this is.nicks doing he won't care that she has very little money, he already knows that, it will just be part of the same plot nick has every 4 or 5 years,. if he has faked his death, this has to be his worst plot, he couldn't even blow up the cafe properly, it was open again in days
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could do a remake of the Ladykillers with Dot and her randomly spawning murderous progeny!
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

I suspect Nick has taken out a large insurance policy on Dot's life - possibly he did so years ago during the time when Dotty was supposed to poison her.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't we seen this con before with a fake clergy?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I suspect Nick has taken out a large insurance policy on Dot's life - possibly he did so years ago during the time when Dotty was supposed to poison her.

It still doesn't make sense for him to gamble on her having a heart attack, and spending a load of money in the attempt...the price of a funeral and paying off the vicar and the funeral director. Then there's the body in the coffin. Is it him lying in there for days keeping quiet ? or a body that he's got hold of from somewhere?

Seems like a crazy and expensive way of trying to kill someone.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, she's hardly a rich old heiress. Setting this con up would cost money.

Is Charlie really a policeman? Don't suppose Fatboy has sense to check him out.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading on Soap Squawk and Declan Bennett (Charile Cotton) suggests that
    Nick is really alive
    ;-)
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    That young guy is no more a vicar than what I am.

Indeed, given his character is just a Reader in the church, i.e. someone who reads the bible passage preceding the sermon :p
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. This whole "con Dot out of her money" storyline has gotten so outdated and tiresome now. Don't know why DTC and Santer always feel the need to do this storyline every few years. Dot has barely any money these days due to her debt in rent arrears with the council. Time to put it bed. If you are gonna bring back Nick Cotton, then use him for another storyline other than tormenting his poor mother :o.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I was thinking the same thing about this "vicar" all seems very suspect to me. :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they say "Lee" in the spoilers? Did they mix up Lee Carter and Les Coker?
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching this storyline aghast at just how two-dimensional, unrealistic and nonsensical it all is - it especially stands out when I've actually been enjoying most of the other current storylines.

Watching last nights episode, I actually became convinced for a while that this is one huge red herring: they want us to suspect it's a scam on Dot, but both Charlie and the vicars' nephew are in fact completely genuine. But they wouldn't kill Nasty Nick off in this manner, would they?

I have no idea where this storyline is going - but I'm also not sure if that's a good thing this time.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if the surprise was that Nick knows nothing about what Charlie is doing and ends up redeeming himself to his Ma.

If not, just seems the typical lazy storyline that we are becoming used to when it comes to Dot.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it now

Fatboy will suspect something, Dot won't believe it, Fatboy tries to prove it, Charlie comes up with a plausible explanation/cover up, Dot gets angry at Fatboy and kicks him out, Charlie does an evil grin to the camera (or similar) telling the viewer that there are shenanigans, Fatboy manages to save Dot from whatever evil plan it is at the last moment instead of letting the gullible stubborn Dot be hurt. Dot is upset and angry, everyone rallies round her instead of saying told you so.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I can see it now

Fatboy will suspect something, Dot won't believe it, Fatboy tries to prove it, Charlie comes up with a plausible explanation/cover up, Dot gets angry at Fatboy and kicks him out, Charlie does an evil grin to the camera (or similar) telling the viewer that there are shenanigans, Fatboy manages to save Dot from whatever evil plan it is at the last moment instead of letting the gullible stubborn Dot be hurt. Dot is upset and angry, everyone rallies round her instead of saying told you so.

Can they all Conga into the Vic?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I can see it now

I can see the writers hiring you!

Please dear god let this not be the same old, same old!
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I was wondering whether the twist might be that Charlie really is police and they're using poor Dot as part of some elaborate plot to catch Nick. If there is no twist and its just another Nick cons Dot again storyline, it will be very boring.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    PacinoFan wrote: »
    Haven't we seen this con before with a fake clergy?

I think it was the time Nick returned and then tried to poison Dot. When he first turned up he had a 'vicar' friend he claimed was helping him go straight who was really a fake vicar.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't see where this story is going
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazi1976 wrote: »
    I was wondering whether the twist might be that Charlie really is police and they're using poor Dot as part of some elaborate plot to catch Nick. If there is no twist and its just another Nick cons Dot again storyline, it will be very boring.

hmm yes that could be an interesting angle. It would be awful in the sense that the police would never do it but they are always doing things they'd never do...perhaps they should bring back DCI Marsden to skulk around the bins again?

I cant imagine this is something Nick has set up himself to con Dot...done it so many times and there really isnt anything in it for him...he could just shoplift/rob a house...would make more sense for him to try and burgle the Vic and get caught red handed if they wanted to bring him back etc
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, is it all safe to assume that Nick faked his death? I doubt that DTC would kill a character off-screen especially with the disasters that were Angie Shaw and Kathy Sullivan and I haven't even seen him in his stints and I already figure out that this is something that Nicky would do.